Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for Hyatt to Expedite Earning Milestone Rewards for 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2020, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER

Since most people will not hit 60 nights at a Hyatt in 2020, thought it would be good to start compiling "suggestions" for Hyatt to expedite earning milestones for people travelling during/after the travel ban in 2020....

I would suggest a temporary change to 30 nights to earn all milestone awards - 10 nights earns free category 1-4 award, 15 nights earns 4 club lounge certificates, 20 nights earns 5k bonus points or $100 Hyatt gift card, 25 nights earns 2 suite upgrade awards, and 30 nights earns free 1-7 category award and 2 suite upgrade awards.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 10:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I'd be happy just to see lounge certificates go away.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 12:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CrashDavis
Since most people will not hit 60 nights at a Hyatt in 2020, thought it would be good to start compiling "suggestions" for Hyatt to expedite earning milestones for people travelling during/after the travel ban in 2020....

I would suggest a temporary change to 30 nights to earn all milestone awards - 10 nights earns free category 1-4 award, 15 nights earns 4 club lounge certificates, 20 nights earns 5k bonus points or $100 Hyatt gift card, 25 nights earns 2 suite upgrade awards, and 30 nights earns free 1-7 category award and 2 suite upgrade awards.
I’m with ya as long as they continue at 40/50/60/70/80/90/100 nights at they typically do with 70-100 nights!

Though considering people get 5 nights just from having the WOH CC it may be 40 nights if they lowered Milestones. Like 20/30/40 which with the CC you’d need only 35 nights to get all the pertinent milestones.

Originally Posted by JackE
I'd be happy just to see lounge certificates go away.
Then you’ll hear a ton of complaints from Discoverists and Explorist. By early February I’ll likely have 12 Lounge certificates in my account none of them used. I’m wondering if I should book them on stays just for the heck of it or hold out in case the very unlikely situation where they make a system to mark them as used and credit you even 500 points each.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
There won't be any adjustments to Milestone Rewards. At best there will be a double status credit promo. There should also be a pretty sweet promotion in Q4.
TerryK, txhyattlvr and iflyjetz like this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
There won't be any adjustments to Milestone Rewards. At best there will be a double status credit promo. There should also be a pretty sweet promotion in Q4.
Let’s hope. Fewer giveaways mean more availability (Upgrades, etc) for those of us that actually earned it.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Let’s hope. Fewer giveaways mean more availability (Upgrades, etc) for those of us that actually earned it.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
People are complaining they’re not traveling and couldn’t use certificates earned last year. Now that those have been extended, you’re saying you want more certificates? You still have the ones from last year that you “can’t use” this year. I think Hyatt should keep the milestone awards the same as they are now to incentivize people who do still have to travel to stay with Hyatt (and account for them having opportunity to use certificates earned last year), but there’s no need to change the qualification requirements.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 1:17 pm

When everyone’s elite... nobody is.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
When everyone’s elite... nobody is.
And for anyone looking for proof, see Hilton!

Now, if "Manufactured Spending" were to become a felony, we could really make some headway in narrowing status down to "earned".
Old Apr 5, 2020, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
I also agree that there won't be any adjustments to Milestone Rewards. I do think there will be some pretty strong promos for the second half of the year, including double or even triple qualifying nights. That will get more folks back in their hotels but doesn't greatly incentivize those who earn nights based on credit card spend. I bet we'll also see some major point discounts on free nights, somewhere from 20 to 30 percent off during the second half of the year.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by el_tigre
I also agree that there won't be any adjustments to Milestone Rewards. I do think there will be some pretty strong promos for the second half of the year, including double or even triple qualifying nights. That will get more folks back in their hotels but doesn't greatly incentivize those who earn nights based on credit card spend. I bet we'll also see some major point discounts on free nights, somewhere from 20 to 30 percent off during the second half of the year.
As far as Credit Card spend yes, many blogs have discussed that most people will likely heavily cut down on their CC spend. But on the bright side there’s been discussion of Hyatt introducing a Premium Card. Hyatt sent out surveys to cardholders last year asking about introducing more benefits of course with a steep annual fee likely $300-$495 with airport lounge access and much more.

As far as discounts on free nights do you mean spending 3,500-4,000 on a Category 1 (as an example) as the discount? That’d be nice to see kind of a test of the Off-Peak system.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I’d like to go back to the original topic.

I don’t think there will be an expediting of Milestone Rewards per-se

I do think we will see status accelerators, challenges, etc. likely on a targeted basis either self-identified or Hyatt identified.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I am a current Globalist member and my status was updated till Feb 22 this morning.

An accelerated promo for x night qualification would entice new and existing non top tier members but surely Hyatt need some incentives apart from Milestone Rewards for current Globalist members who have no real incentive this year.

i have 40+ nights already this year and 5 x free night awards and 3 x TSU’s that will be extended till 2022, I really do not need free nights or TSU’s anymore however an extra year of Globalist ( till 2023) for hitting 60 nights this year would be a good incentive.

Otherwise I could stay at Marriott or Hilton or anywhere else for that Matter Or stay at home in the safe knowledge that my Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond and Marriott Lifetime Titanium is all set for another year.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
I am a current Globalist member and my status was updated till Feb 22 this morning.

An accelerated promo for x night qualification would entice new and existing non top tier members but surely Hyatt need some incentives apart from Milestone Rewards for current Globalist members who have no real incentive this year.

i have 40+ nights already this year and 5 x free night awards and 3 x TSU’s that will be extended till 2022, I really do not need free nights or TSU’s anymore however an extra year of Globalist ( till 2023) for hitting 60 nights this year would be a good incentive.

Otherwise I could stay at Marriott or Hilton or anywhere else for that Matter Or stay at home in the safe knowledge that my Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond and Marriott Lifetime Titanium is all set for another year.
I agree that’d be amazing if Hyatt granted Globalist until 2023 for those who hit 60 nights this year.

In terms of promos I’d say Hyatt is going to come out swinging with great promos for the rest of 2020.

As far as your TSU’s how are you getting them extended until 2022? Since they don’t expire on or before 12/31/20 they said no extensions on awards that expire on 1/1/21 or later.

Last edited by Matt4200; Apr 8, 2020 at 2:23 pm
Old Apr 8, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
My Globalist status has been extended to 2/28/2022.
My 2 Cat 1-4 free night certs still expires 1/5/2021 and 4/6/2021 (new Chase), 4 Club Access awards expire 2/28/2021, and 1 TSU expires 2/28/2021. No extensions on these.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.