Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt extending status, free nights because of coronavirus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt extending status, free nights because of coronavirus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2020, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RedSun
Not really. WoH still has nice Milestone rewards, like FN, $100 GC and suite upgrade etc.
Opportunity cost too high for me unless really close to the threshold.

I am at 13 nights with no hotel nights any time soon. I am to spend $67500 on 1x spend to get to 40 nights to get $100 plus a cat 4 night?

Then another $50k to get to 60 nights and a cat 7?

Vs 2% cashback easy?

When my Globalist has been extended?

No thanks.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:01 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Opportunity cost too high for me unless really close to the threshold.

I am at 13 nights with no hotel nights any time soon. I am to spend $67500 on 1x spend to get to 40 nights to get $100 plus a cat 4 on the way?

Vs 2% cashback easy?

When my Globalist has been extended?

No thanks.
Sure it is up to you. People are all different. There are some nice milestones some people still cherish.

If someone has a 7-night stay at Kauai or Maui, a suite upgrade certificate carries a lot value....

But if you stay mostly at HH and HP, then those rewards have no value.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkOK

But, with rates expected to come down, point hoarding of course is less attractive anyways.
Yes. A cat 4 might only cost you $50 cash and a cat 7 $100 for a long time, for all we know. With bonuses and promos probably.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:31 am

Lol wish I would get something extra I'm at 31 nights so definitely going to hit 60 again
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
For Globalist Feb 2022-Feb 2023, can you do 30 nights this year and 30 nights the next...? I’m assuming no but don’t see any verbiage anywhere about this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
This is great news! Thank you Hyatt
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
It says free night awards that expired in March will be extended and deposited on April 20.

I had one a cat 4 expire in March that I conceded to 10k points. I wonder how they will handle that.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
I am at 51 nights to date, so going to make sure to hit at least 70 or 80 this year once travel starts up again.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
For Globalist Feb 2022-Feb 2023, can you do 30 nights this year and 30 nights the next...? I’m assuming no but don’t see any verbiage anywhere about this.
Highly doubtful...let's not get too greedy here. Hyatt has already done well by us.
RedSun likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:49 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Highly doubtful...let's not get too greedy here. Hyatt has already done well by us.
For travel, I'd like to write off year 2020 and assume 2020 does not even exist. Start over again for 2021.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:49 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Excellent news!
Well done Hyatt
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RedSun
For travel, I'd like to write off year 2020 and assume 2020 does not even exist. Start over again for 2021.
Gives plenty of people that option...gives others who may still hit higher nights more time to use a lot of the benefits. Well done all around.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Now this is great news on all but some of the best benefit of globalist are bound up in the milestone awards. Any word on those? If I can't make my 60 nights this year, I'll lose the WoH Concierge? my Cat 1-7 cert? suite upgrade rewards? In my mind, these are the things that make being a globalist something special that stands out. Perhaps there is something that I'm missing here.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:06 am

Yeah for me, I am happy to have the status renewed, but not getting the DSUs is a major negative. That is an essential part of the status for me. That is one thing I hated that they changed...I do not mind the other stuff being tied to the nights as you earn them, ie the free nights, the bonus points/certificate etc, but the 4 DSU should all come with the status like they used to. Still a great move, I just wish they would keep the 4 DSU added to next year. I can live with the rest of it not being granted unless you hit the milestones. I am pretty damn sure though that the concierges are staying.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Renard
Now this is great news on all but some of the best benefit of globalist are bound up in the milestone awards. Any word on those? If I can't make my 60 nights this year, I'll lose the WoH Concierge? my Cat 1-7 cert? suite upgrade rewards? In my mind, these are the things that make being a globalist something special that stands out. Perhaps there is something that I'm missing here.
Made explicitly clear in the article:
There’s actually one exception and this will benefit Globalist members who aren’t able to stay 60 nights this year. The dedicated Hyatt concierge is a 60 night benefit rather than a Globalist benefit. I spoke with Amy Weinberg, Senior Vice President for the World of Hyatt program, and she told me that Globalists who currently have a Hyatt concierge will keep them next year. (And though Marriott has laid off many of their equivalent Ambassador agents, Hyatt is not doing so.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.