Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What are the chances Hyatt brings back FFN (Faster Free Nights)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond

For those unfamiliar, this was a promo about 11+ years ago where any two stays at any Hyatt got you a free night at any Hyatt (maybe a very few exceptions).

Deal of a lifetime.

This on top of some already incredibly low room rates and 20%-off Hyatt gift certs from Costco.
Brendan and MikeFromTokyo like this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:13 am

Id say the chances are better than theyve been in a long time, but still very unlikely. I imagine they'll want to encourage people go to hotels soon after the pNdemic eases, but they may wait and see if a pent up demand causes an increase in hotel stays quickly, or if it becomes a gradual returning to hotels situation. If its gradual they will want to incentivize more.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: Hyatt
Where did you find hyatt giftcards? Online? Never saw that at my local costco. Not that I want to battle all the toilet paper hoarders to buy them.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:25 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by alextrips
Where did you find hyatt giftcards? Online? Never saw that at my local costco. Not that I want to battle all the toilet paper hoarders to buy them.
A offer from more than 10 years ago ... [GONE] Costco selling Hyatt Check Certificates (Not Applicable to Pre-paid Rates)
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
This on top of some already incredibly low room rates and 20%-off Hyatt gift certs from Costco.
And those long lost “G” Bonuses which were common at the time.
notquiteaff, GUWonder and Brendan like this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I suspect there will be folks regaling very bored grandchildren about FFN happening along with G bonuses and Costco giftcards.

"Come over here Timmy, and let me tell you about the great hotel scheme of double aught 8. Ah geez, you don't even know what a hotel is? Well, those were places in the olden days where people willingly went to temporarily live in places that were filled with other people's germs, long before we had our personalized quarantine bubbles in 2021"

The promotion worked because that was when I drifted over to Hyatt from Marriott.
paytonc likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:17 pm

As I recall there was a United promo at the time also where you got 2500 points every 2 stays I think...glory days.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:39 pm

My guess is that there will be generous promos once the hotels reopen and people start traveling again.

That said, I doubt it will be FFN. Hyatt now has way more HPs and HHs than it did back in the FFN era, and I can't see them setting up a promo that allows folks to do two one-night stays at airport HPs and get a certificate that can be used for a free night at some big city downtown full service luxury hotel.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The promotions to get people traveling again will be amazing and there will be many that are not well thought-through.

Let's just hope it's sensible to travel again before 2022.
solewalker, aceboy44 and lsquare like this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LawFly
My guess is that there will be generous promos once the hotels reopen and people start traveling again.

That said, I doubt it will be FFN. Hyatt now has way more HPs and HHs than it did back in the FFN era, and I can't see them setting up a promo that allows folks to do two one-night stays at airport HPs and get a certificate that can be used for a free night at some big city downtown full service luxury hotel.
I can see something like Stay 2 Nights get 3,500 points which in 2021 equates to a Free Night at a Category 1 Off Peak.

The current situation is terrible from this month until 5/15 I had at least 9 different weekend night stays and am a WOH CC Holder which would’ve netted 13.5k points .on top of the 2x but all of them were either cancelled by the hotel or cannot travel because it’s a hot zone.

Definitely hoping Hyatt does a promotion to earn points or Certs EQN aren’t that important as I’ve already requalified for Globalist for me at least.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Maybe double stay credits will be coming

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Mar 20, 2020 at 2:07 pm
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
RIght now there is no incentive for these hotels to lower their rates. No one is traveling. The few people who NEED to it is obviously essential.

Once the economy reopens in a few months, that’s when promotions will maybe start happening. It all depends on how quick the Upward V goes.

If I were Hyatt I’d be more worried right now about how to support the hotel operators and ensure they are able to continue in to the future.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LawFly

All that really matters is the economics to Hyatt corporate / the loyalty programme.

If two HP stays brings in enough commission revenue to cover the peanuts that need to be paid to a half-full PH for an award night... then FFN might come back...

That said... I doubt FFN comes back. Credit cards are now a much bigger revenue driver than they were in 2008-2010, and I'm not sure whether free night certificates would be the direction Hyatt wants to go.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Extremely unlikely. The community as a whole is much smarter now - the promo would get abused to a much greater scale.

Could they bring back some version of FFN where, say, every two stays at a Category X hotel gets you a free night in that same category? That seems more likely.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'd love to see FFN again, but in reality, I just want them to extend our status for another year. I've got about 22 stays so far, some of them real and some from credit card spend. I am going to have to cancel 16 nights in Hawaii, and I'm uncertain about my stays this summer. Plus, I have free night certificates that will start to expire soon.

I can't imagine they do nothing for us.
Brendan and 59Impala like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.