Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

how to get My Hyatt Concierge assigned quickly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I just completed my 60 nights requirements last week. Is there a way I can expedite to get a concierge assigned to me?
Normally, how long it takes to have someone assigned and contact you?
I am asking because I would like to ask the concierge about my eligibility to upgrade to an AA EXP.

thanks everyone!
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by saintbiz
Hi, I just completed my 60 nights requirements last week. Is there a way I can expedite to get a concierge assigned to me?
I am asking because I would like to ask the concierge about my eligibility to upgrade to an AA EXP.

thanks everyone!
Hit 60 last week and received welcome email from our concierge last night.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It's certainly optimistic to think that a brand new Globalist might be assigned a Concierge who can magic up an AA EXP upgrade, whilst those of us who are long-term Globalists get zilch...
Old Dec 18, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
So as a long-term Globalist you haven't heard anything from your Concierge, Hyatt, or otherwise?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Reminds me of one of my favorite movie quotes: "So you're telling me there's a chance..."
creativeguess1 and drewp123 like this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Just add "Hey Hyatt Lurker; please reply" to the front of your post. Caps and bold at your discretion.

But two phrases come to mind: "I just completed" and "if you have to ask".

I'm guessing the demographic being sought is very high nights, flights, spend, or years. Or more than one of those. But being too shy and too introverted is a great big honking failure of mine. It has done me real career and interpersonal damage. So go for it if you can handle being declined.

Last edited by jayer; Dec 18, 2019 at 12:02 pm
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by jayer
Just add "Hey Hyatt Lurker; please reply" to the front of your post. Caps and bold at your discretion.

But two phrases come to mind: "I just completed" and "if you have to ask".

I'm guessing the demographic being sought is very high nights, flights, spend, or years. Or more than one of those. But being too shy and too introverted is a great big honking failure of mine. It has done me real career and interpersonal damage. So go for it if you can handle being declined.
definitely not the case with respect to your comment on the demographic being sought. I have spent more at hyatt in a week then some of the people on the thread reporting they received executive platinum status. I’m not a particularly big spender, but I was really surprised at the low spend reported by a couple of people. It seems the allocation is almost random. And it’s not clear that it’s totally done as people continue to trickle in with new reports.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Kind of upsetting for me as someone who has "legitimate" Globalist and spend as well as a Platinum Pro who is just short of EP and not targeted.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 1:12 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by stephem
And it’s not clear that it’s totally done as people continue to trickle in with new reports.
I have no inside knowledge, but I'd suspect what's not done is MHCs contacting those that have been granted the status. My understanding is each MHC serves more than a thousand Globs. It's not surprising, at least to me, that it is taking this long to contact the lucky ones, especially as it seems it has to be done over the phone.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
I would call the Concierge line, 888-544-9288, tell them you're a newly minted Globalist, and they should be able to help you sort out the concierge assignment. Welcome to Globalist!
Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by jayer
Or more than one of those. But being too shy and too introverted is a great big honking failure of mine. It has done me real career and interpersonal damage.
Wow, really? I find these to be far and away my favorite people in life.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:50 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by gizayabasu
Kind of upsetting for me as someone who has "legitimate" Globalist and spend as well as a Platinum Pro who is just short of EP and not targeted.
well, that could be the very reason you are not targetted, you are already giving bucks to AA,so they'd probably rather offer to infrequent AA-travelers and persuade them to switch to AA
Visconti likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.