Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:24 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ZapperO
My EXP status granted through the Hyatt Globalist partnership/promo in late 2019/early 2020 looks to be expiring as of March 31, 2022.

Do my four SWU certs also expire on 3/31? Any way to extend those?
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
I thought this was extended to 7/31/22.
Apparently not. My gifted EXP status is also expiring on 31 March.

I was able to use my SWUs on a European trip last fall so don't know about their expiration date.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by skj
Apparently not. My gifted EXP status is also expiring on 31 March.

I was able to use my SWUs on a European trip last fall so don't know about their expiration date.
This AA page shows more detail about SWU and status extension.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
i really appreciate that explanation. thank you so much. i was trying to gauge if it was still possible to ask hyatt concierge for a status match in 2022. i didnt get it back in 2019. but sounds like hyatt wasnt handing these out after 2019. i would be curious to see if AA reduces loyalty point requirements later in the year.
You can try to get a status match, but there appeared to be a window for status matches in 2021 that's currently closed. I also don't think you would be likely to get Executive Platinum, since that appeared to be available on a discretionary basis to Hyatt in 2019 and not before or since to my knowledge.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
This AA page shows more detail about SWU and status extension.
thanks! Super helpful. So seems my EXP status will indeed be going away on 3/31/22 but according to that link my SWU’s are good until 7/31/22. Just FYI for anyone else in a similar position….

Systemwide upgrade expiration extension

To ensure AAdvantage® members receive the benefits of your membership, we’re extending unused systemwide upgrades with a 2021 expiration date through July 31, 2022.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.