Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Yeah I completed a challenge that I initiated on my own, missed out on all other opportunities. Yes I had linked my account too.
Really strange. First time I can recall anyone posting that problem here. Anyway, congrats on the new ExPlat.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by joe_miami
IUnlike UA and DL, AA has been handing out free status like candy on Halloween for years now, and it doesn’t seem to be getting them anywhere. It seems like an odd strategy.
You might have missed out on United handing out Silver to every 75+ night Marriott loyal (easily game-ified) for years now
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
You might have missed out on United handing out Silver to every 75+ night Marriott loyal (easily game-ified) for years now
No, I knew about that, but UA Silver isn’t much better than just having a MileagePlus CC. But AA has been giving out Plat, Plat Pro, and even ExPlat, the first two seemingly indiscriminately.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
No, I knew about that, but UA Silver isn’t much better than just having a MileagePlus CC. But AA has been giving out Plat, Plat Pro, and even ExPlat, the first two seemingly indiscriminately.
AA is where UA was in 2012-2014 - a terrible airline all-around, overdue for a leadership change. Much like Marriott, the fish rots from the head.
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Platinum Elite | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred Plus
Something one gets for free = “freebie.”
Call it what you want, my tweeting got me EXP. Simple as that.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You spent a month tagging Hyatt people on Twitter because you didn’t get offered a freebie?
Some concierges are better than others. I'm not particularly happy with mine; I sometimes intentionally call when I know she is not working because that way I can talk to the "next available" concierge. If it was easy to switch, I would. I am not going to open social media accounts and harass people though.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:42 pm

Maybe I should ask for another concierge...I want one that would have gotten me this offer.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe I should ask for another concierge...I want one that would have gotten me this offer.
If you find an easy way to do that (one email, or one request) please let me know.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
If you find an easy way to do that (one email, or one request) please let me know.
Cant I just email my current concierge and ask for a new one?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cant I just email my current concierge and ask for a new one?
If your concierge takes action as a result of your email, are you sure you want a new one?

There's a "concierge advice" thread; maybe this belongs there.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Who did you send the request to?
One of the program managers or just call Hyatt and request it.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:12 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
If you’re spending $3,000 but also using three SWUs, there’s no way that’s a win for AA. For a marginal revenue increase like that, they’d be better off handing out coupons for 50% or 75% off in J to people who don’t have status.

Unlike UA and DL, AA has been handing out free status like candy on Halloween for years now, and it doesn’t seem to be getting them anywhere. It seems like an odd strategy.
Ive spent 600 on AA and used two SWUs. Now my goal is to definitely spend another 600 and use up the other two SWUs. (And then return to Delta for my remaining JFK LHR work flights as my company doesn’t pay for biz class). With taxes and fees, AA is seeing less than a grand from me 😎
Old Feb 5, 2020, 8:24 am
Suspended

In another thread, you said you just completed an ExPlat challenge. When did you start that? This Hyatt freebie didn’t come along until the first week of December. It wouldn’t make sense for them to give ExPlat to someone who was already on an ExPlat challenge and/or already had an account showing as ExPlat.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:18 pm

In another thread, you said you just completed an ExPlat challenge. When did you start that? This Hyatt freebie didn’t come along until the first week of December. It wouldn’t make sense for them to give ExPlat to someone who was already on an ExPlat challenge and/or already had an account showing as ExPlat.
I started it 12/23 and completed it last week.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:55 pm
Suspended

I started it 12/23 and completed it last week.
It looks like you missed this every way possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.