Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2021, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by svasandani
Any insights on how many rooms are realistically bookable with points, how to search by calendar or ways to monitor when availability opens up etc.
Make sure you are looking for at least 2 nights availability when searching. I'm still seeing mid-week availability for a standard room (King with fireplace) for later in the year when you search for at least 2 nights.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 29, 2021, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Make sure you are looking for at least 2 nights availability when searching. I'm still seeing mid-week availability for a standard room (King with fireplace) for later in the year when you search for at least 2 nights.

-FlyerBeek
Unfortunately "King with Fireplace" is not considered a standard room for award redemption because when I switch to points redemption view it says no redemption possible. If you are seeing points option on a certain date please let me know which date because I have not searched every possible date. I have spot checked atleast some dates in each week through end of year.
Old May 29, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by svasandani
Unfortunately "King with Fireplace" is not considered a standard room for award redemption because when I switch to points redemption view it says no redemption possible. If you are seeing points option on a certain date please let me know which date because I have not searched every possible date. I have spot checked atleast some dates in each week through end of year.
Just one example... arriving Tues, Nov 30, 2021 for 2 nights and a "1 King Bed with Fireplace" is available for 30k points/night.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 30, 2021, 3:34 pm

I booked a king with fireplace on points several months ago. Seems like the property releases into award inventory in addition to base room availability based on occupancy expectations. Technically, this is not a base room and the property doesn't need to add this availability. So it makes sense that it isn't always available...and technically generous for the property to make it available. Some properties (looking at you Andaz Maui) would never ever do anything beyond the base room.
Old May 30, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by boolean64
I booked a king with fireplace on points several months ago. Seems like the property releases into award inventory in addition to base room availability based on occupancy expectations. Technically, this is not a base room and the property doesn't need to add this availability. So it makes sense that it isn't always available...and technically generous for the property to make it available. Some properties (looking at you Andaz Maui) would never ever do anything beyond the base room.
I think a King Bed with Fireplace is one of the standard room types? It’s the one that pops up most often when awards are available. If you do searches for random midweek dates in 2022 you should see quite a few dates with King Bed with Fireplace availability.

The King Bed Deluxe with Fireplace is not a standard room.
Old May 30, 2021, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
I think a King Bed with Fireplace is one of the standard room types? It’s the one that pops up most often when awards are available. If you do searches for random midweek dates in 2022 you should see quite a few dates with King Bed with Fireplace availability.

The King Bed Deluxe with Fireplace is not a standard room.
what separates the king bed deluxe (standard suite?) with the king bed fireplace?
Old May 30, 2021, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
what separates the king bed deluxe (standard suite?) with the king bed fireplace?
i don’t think they have the king bed room type anymore. It’s all king bed with fireplace since this year. The king bed deluxe with fireplace is basically the corner rooms with an extra sitting area.
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
415sq ft vs 480sq ft.

You can check the room descriptions on the website.
Old May 30, 2021, 8:43 pm

king bed deluxe (standard suite?)
As other have noted, the King Deluxe with Fireplace is just slightly bigger with an alcove. It is not the standard suite - that is the Big Sur Suite which also has a fireplace and is another 140sqft larger than the King Deluxe with Fireplace.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 30, 2021, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
oops, already replied

Last edited by wrxmom; May 30, 2021 at 10:26 pm Reason: already answered
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:25 pm

Take this with a grain of salt, but one of the servers mentioned that the Chef will be making changes to the menu soon - potentially including more of the daily "specials" that are being offered.

We were there for a 4 day weekend, and some of the specials included:
  • goat cheese, pear, and prosciutto side salad
  • some beet side salad one of the days, i think
  • Lamb
  • wild boar bolognese
  • Moroccan chicken (didn't try)
  • pork belly appetizer (great!)
  • black sea bass (which is different than the regular sea bass item)

they didn't care how much you ordered - if you wanted two appetizers, etc.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Yeah, I asked why it was closing but she wasn't aware. Apparently it just happened today.
did you get a satisfactory resolution to your cancelled booking? (I really mean did you get a FT satisfactory resolution to your cancelled booking? )
Old Jun 1, 2021, 9:46 pm

Take this with a grain of salt, but one of the servers mentioned that the Chef will be making changes to the menu soon - potentially including more of the daily "specials" that are being offered.

We were there for a 4 day weekend, and some of the specials included....
Those specials sound great! Were all part of the all-inclusive plan or was there an up-charge (similar to their fantastic steak)?

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Those specials sound great! Were all part of the all-inclusive plan or was there an up-charge (similar to their fantastic steak)?

-FlyerBeek
All included! There wasn’t any mention of any up-charge items (except for alcohol of course) and no mention of the steak while we were there.
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:35 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life

We were there for a 4 day weekend, and some of the specials included:
  • goat cheese, pear, and prosciutto side salad
  • some beet side salad one of the days, i think
  • Lamb
  • wild boar bolognese
  • Moroccan chicken (didn't try)
  • pork belly appetizer (great!)
  • black sea bass (which is different than the regular sea bass item)

they didn't care how much you ordered - if you wanted two appetizers, etc.
We saw zero of these while there (3 days, last week) but did see flat-iron steak two nights in a row at no upcharge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.