Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
There’s Friday-Sunday available for 9/11-9/13 and 9/18-9/20 for Big Sur Suite. Hope someone can snag it.
Kacee likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:56 pm

Did anyone see kids stay here recently? My friend will travel with us and hope to bring kids but limit the activities in room only during the stay.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by mebluemouse
Did anyone see kids stay here recently? My friend will travel with us and hope to bring kids but limit the activities in room only during the stay.
The hotel clearly states its adults only.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Does the 4pm Globalist late check out apply here ?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:53 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bacopa
I'd love to have this program. Mind sharing it ?
It's an Objective-C program and I configure the property and dates in the code, so I suspect it won't be of much use to you. I wrote it specifically to try to move my booking at this property into the 15/25% rebate window.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 4:46 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I am freeing up Oct 8 for 1 night later today once my concierge gets in the office and makes the adjustment.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by mebluemouse
No kids, it’s an adults only resort and they have been pretty strict about it.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Just released August 30 to Sept 3 on a standard award if anyone wants it. Good luck!
Old Aug 6, 2020, 2:00 pm

Just released August 30 to Sept 3 on a standard award if anyone wants it. Good luck!
Looks like it's already gone!
Old Aug 6, 2020, 2:28 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by abcx
Looks like it's already gone!
I think more proably... never went back to inventory, so may be pretty busy during those dates and base category already oversold?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
I think more proably... never went back to inventory, so may be pretty busy during those dates and base category already oversold?
Hmm interesting theory. I wondered about that but it seems they do consistently go back into inventory and it's not like you can book the base room for $.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 4:25 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Edit: I was requesting a swap but a relative decided to use the dates I had booked. A stay at Ventana makes a great gift!

Last edited by nsx; Aug 7, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Old Aug 6, 2020, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by abcx
Hmm interesting theory. I wondered about that but it seems they do consistently go back into inventory and it's not like you can book the base room for $.
this theory makes sense. I had a labor day weekend reservation for 3 nights on a suite redemption. I cancelled but regretted my decision minutes later. Inventory never came back.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Here, now two nights three days, an interesting property. Traffic on Hwy 1 getting here sucks d.d. Flew in to MRY, an hours drive from there. Lovely grounds and views. Weird to have food/gratuity built into the cost. I'd characterize the food as tasty and healthy and wholly satisfying, but nothing "exceptional" (like for example Hyatt Squaw Valley restaurant). Same for cocktails, "fine" but nothing special, almost too clean if that makes sense. The view from the outside dining tables at the restaurant is awesome! Super friendly and helpful people all over. A hike out the top of the property on the fire road is good exercise and some nice views. 18+, NO kids allowed, makes me happy. Absolutely no way I would pay $xxxx a night for a room, but it's a nice value booked on points, especially with the current point rebate promo. Curiosity tidbits: on any average night less than 10% of guests are Globalists (5/60). Maybe 30-35% of rooms are booked on points. Heading tomorrow to Hyatt Carmel HIghlands to compare/contrast (Ocean View Townhouse Spa Suite on points, not sure if I'll be further upgraded).

Late update- just had second dinner, awesome. Very delicious. Try the cauliflower entree, really, it is unreal delicious.

Last edited by LoungeLizardHugo; Aug 6, 2020 at 9:55 pm Reason: update
Old Aug 6, 2020, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
Does the 4pm Globalist late check out apply here ?
I believe it is a resort so they don't have to honor it, but they will likely be happy to accommodate. I didn't use it since we left early, but they proactively mentioned it to me when checking in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.