Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2 adults + 2 children policies by property

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2019, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: projectmaximus
Purpose: This is for individual properties that allow for 2 adults and 2 children to stay in one room even though the Hyatt website does not show availability for this. Post the property, the hotel management's stated policy, and what level/type of confirmation (ie, communication from the hotel, communication from Hyatt corp, or actual in-person hotel experience). Use this list as an easy starting point for reference. Contact the hotel or Hyatt before booking to get confirmation and use email so that it is in writing.

Asia

China
GH Shanghai - Email - "please be noted that our rooms allows 2 children to stay with their parents but one of them need to be under 6 years old, and also only our king room types can be arranged under this situation with 2 kids."
HP Shanghai Tianshan Plaza - Actual Stay - My kids were 3 and 1 at the time and there was no issue at all
HR Shanghai Global Harbor - Email - "we can accept 2 adult with 2 children under 12 years old stay in a room in 1 King Deluxe Room, Regency Suite King Room, Regency Executive Suite King Room and Chairman Suite only"
HR Shanghai Wujiaochang - Email - "Kindly note that hotel allow 2 adults and 2 children stay in a room with only 1 of child must be below 6 years old"

Hong Kong
HR Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - #1 Email - "Please note that only Regency suite king room or presidential suite room allows maximum two adults and two kids to stay in one room"

Malaysia
Alila Bangsar - Email - "Kindly be informed that you may book for Twin Room as our twin room is 1 King Bed and 1 Sofa Bed that can accommodate until 4 persons including child"

Mexico

HR Mexico City - Email - "If you prefer a room with 1 king bed, we can add a rollaway bed. Because of your kids ages (6 & 4) we can make an exception in this case. Also I can offer you another option, we have the Regency Suite room with Regency Club access, this category is bigger than the others, it has the king bed, a sofa bed, and if you like, we can add an extra bed, so you'll be more comfortable."
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:30 am
Original Poster

I do not have the ability to create/contribute to a wiki but I'll just get this thread started and, at worst, we can search the posts for information that we need.

This is for individual properties that allow for 2 adults and 2 children to stay in one room even though the Hyatt website does not show availability for this. I will post the property, the hotel management's stated policy, and what level/type of confirmation (ie, communication from the hotel, communication from Hyatt corp, or actual in-person hotel experience)

Also, I'd suggest using this list as an easy starting point for reference. I would definitely contact the hotel or Hyatt before booking to get confirmation, and would suggest using email so that it is in writing.

China
HR Shanghai Wujiaochang - "Kindly note that hotel allow 2 adults and 2 children stay in a room with only 1 of child must be below 6 years old" - Email from the hotel

HR Shanghai Global Harbor - "we can accept 2 adult with 2 children under 12 years old stay in a room in 1 King Deluxe Room, Regency Suite King Room, Regency Executive Suite King Room and Chairman Suite only" - Email from the hotel

HP Shanghai Tianshan Plaza - My kids were 3 and 1 at the time and there was no issue at all - Actual Stay

GH Shanghai - "please be noted that our rooms allows 2 children to stay with their parents but one of them need to be under 6 years old, and also only our king room types can be arranged under this situation with 2 kids." - Email from the hotel

Hong Kong
HR HK TST - "Please note that only Regency suite king room or presidential suite room allows maximum two adults and two kids to stay in one room" - Email from the hotel

Malaysia
Alila Bangsar - "Kindly be informed that you may book for Twin Room as our twin room is 1 King Bed and 1 Sofa Bed that can accommodate until 4 persons including child" - Email from the hotel
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Guessing this mostly, if not always, is referring to non-US properties.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it may be easier to list those that dont allow 2+2.. there are not many and they usually give an option of booking/upselling to higher category room
I do appreciate the topic as it comes up quite often here and policies vary: eg quoted 6 yo limit at GH Shanghai seems rather unusual - 12 is normally a cutoff at most places..
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by azepine00
I think it may be easier to list those that dont allow 2+2.. there are not many and they usually give an option of booking/upselling to higher category room
I do appreciate the topic as it comes up quite often here and policies vary: eg quoted 6 yo limit at GH Shanghai seems rather unusual - 12 is normally a cutoff at most places..
You would be surprised how many Hyatt properties do not allow 2+2 even in their suites... Most of the European and South American properties fall into that category.

I do have one property to add to the list:

Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo will allow 2+2 in their Grand Suite King, even though it will not show online.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the wiki, tearex !

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Guessing this mostly, if not always, is referring to non-US properties.
Yeah pretty much.

I think listing hotels that don't allow it doesn't really help give us any insight into the places that do allow it but don't show on the website. Anyway I don't think it's going to be quite that long of a list. Again this is not for all hotels that allow it, rather just for hotels that show no availability online but actually do allow it.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok maybe should list both allowed and denied to minimize no data area...

PH Moscow had no problem with 2+2 in park suite but we brought our airbed.

HR Chantilly could not do 2+2 as they did not have rollaways and we did not take airbed with us that time.

I am not sure if bookable but outside NA we had 2+2 in suites at

HR Hua Hin
GH Bangkok
GH Hong Kong
HR HK Sha Tin
HR HK (very small - barely any space for airbed)
HR Bali
PH Siem Reap
GH KL
GH Lijiang
HR Hangzhou (now GH i think)
HR Tokyo
Andaz Papagayo

Kids ranged from 1-8, in 2-3 cases it was cribs when they were small, in most cases later we had our airbed at least as backup.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

GH Kuala Lumpur - Email from hotel - "Kindly be informed, our standard room maximum occupancy is 3 persons. However since you will be travelling with 2 young children, we will make exceptional for your family to stay in one room."

This seems like a YMMV situation more than an official policy. I was not told what ages would be too high, but in my question my kids were 4 and 1.
Often1 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
GH Kuala Lumpur - Email from hotel - "Kindly be informed, our standard room maximum occupancy is 3 persons. However since you will be travelling with 2 young children, we will make exceptional for your family to stay in one room."

This seems like a YMMV situation more than an official policy. I was not told what ages would be too high, but in my question my kids were 4 and 1.
It always pays to contact the property directly. Even if the property's policy is 3 people max, a manager may simply choose to let it slide. If it had not been possible, a manager might have been able to find a small connecting room somewhere and sell that at a discount.

Online sales are rigid, but so long as there is no local fire code or other occupancy law and it is simply a policy, there are usually options.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Added the HR Mexico City to the wiki. They offered a standard king with rollaway "as an exception" if I wanted. And also suggested a regency suite, which apparently has ample bedding for a young family even though it isn't allowed via the website.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Andaz Munich rejected 2+2 even with tsu.
Oh well - sheraton had family rates for two rooms with full elite perks for less than one at andaz.
edit to add that kids were 10 and required beds foldout couch or rollaway..

Last edited by azepine00; Aug 7, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Old Aug 7, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Andaz Munich rejected 2+2 even with tsu.
Oh well - sheraton had family rates for two rooms with full elite perks for less than one at andaz.
We stayed there twice with 2+2 (4 and 1 years old at the time).
Old Aug 9, 2021, 7:53 pm

Any datapoints for Japan for 2 adults + 1 infant? Eyeing the Park Hyatt Kyoto for 2022 but the search doesn't show the base room for award availability if I input 2 adults plus a 1 year old. Availability does show for 2 adults with 0 children.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:58 am

I contacted the Hyatt Churchill in London directly about being able to fit 2+2 (with one kid sharing the king, and the other in a rollaway) in their premium suite (Regency Executive King, I believe) after reading that Mommypoints had success with them, but no dice. We'd have to spend 50k/night on 2 rooms, which is more points than I'd like to spend. Instead we managed to snag a Nelson Double Queen room at the Hilton Trafalgar St James for 118k HHonors points/night. I'm a Globalist, so I will miss not getting a nice breakfast spread at the Churchill, but you can't beat the Trafalgar's location, and HHonors Gold should hopefully still get me something.
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CoffeeTraveler
Any datapoints for Japan for 2 adults + 1 infant? Eyeing the Park Hyatt Kyoto for 2022 but the search doesn't show the base room for award availability if I input 2 adults plus a 1 year old. Availability does show for 2 adults with 0 children.
Ask the hotel directly. I found this email address from the website: [email protected]

If they don't respond, then you can reach out to Hyatt (concierge, twitter, facebook) to ask for you. Then report back

If I had to guess, there's a decent chance their base room doesn't allow for it, but that they'd make an exception for a 1 yo. My guess doesn't mean much to the hotel though.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by League
I contacted the Hyatt Churchill in London directly about being able to fit 2+2 (with one kid sharing the king, and the other in a rollaway) in their premium suite (Regency Executive King, I believe) after reading that Mommypoints had success with them, but no dice. We'd have to spend 50k/night on 2 rooms, which is more points than I'd like to spend. Instead we managed to snag a Nelson Double Queen room at the Hilton Trafalgar St James for 118k HHonors points/night. I'm a Globalist, so I will miss not getting a nice breakfast spread at the Churchill, but you can't beat the Trafalgar's location, and HHonors Gold should hopefully still get me something.
Do check on second room discounts - if available family plan rate can offer second room for up to 50% of BAR even when your primary is booked with points (call hyatt reservations to check on that) and of course reach out to the property to see if they can offer a discount on second room directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.