Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas, CA REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas, CA REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2021, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
It's available when I tried to book for tonight or tomorrow night using points....
Handful of award nights available in April and May.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
It's available when I tried to book for tonight or tomorrow night using points....
maybe they going the Alila Ventana route... single nighters available for close-in res as they upgrade others.

Originally Posted by Troopers
Handful of award nights available in April and May.
i do see some midweek 2 nighters... no single nighters that I can see (other than the close-in nights this week).
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
I used the app to check the award availability. Perhaps it might show different results when searching on the website vs app...
Old Mar 24, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Have a 3-night stay this weekend. Received confirmation from concierge this morning that the hotel is NOT able to confirm suite upgrades at this time but that my 'preference' for a suite has been noted and will be granted based on availability.

Will report back to see how they handle at check-in.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 12:15 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dsm2m2
Have a 3-night stay this weekend. Received confirmation from concierge this morning that the hotel is NOT able to confirm suite upgrades at this time but that my 'preference' for a suite has been noted and will be granted based on availability.

Will report back to see how they handle at check-in.
Is that the reply back after trying to use a Suite Award? Will be disappointing if they aren't allowing Suite Awards for the remainder of 2021.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
Is that the reply back after trying to use a Suite Award? Will be disappointing if they aren't allowing Suite Awards for the remainder of 2021.
Yes.

- Initially requested to apply on the date they opened and received response that there was a list of people waiting to hear back about TSU and they have not received a response from the hotel. I followed up over the weekend and was told still no response back. Today, received unprompted follow up from concierge that they aren't able to apply at this time. No reason given as to why.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
I can’t tell if it’s games or if the suites aren’t finished yet. The Hyatt Twitter team tells me “That location uses the one bedroom Ocean view, and One bedroom Coast lime view with Fire pit suite,” but I can’t find those room types on any dates under any rate.

They also say “The Alila Marea Beach resort is not confirming any suite upgrades at the moment. They currently have a wait list that I have added you to and you will receive a call if a suite upgrade becomes available.”

So it seems odd, and the lack of transparency is leading to a lot of speculation.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CLEguy
I can’t tell if it’s games or if the suites aren’t finished yet.
My vote goes for “games”.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 9:52 am
Community Director Emerita

Note from my concierge:

"I have recently learned the hotel have not been honoring suite upgrades and this information is being investigated with management."
Old Mar 28, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Next step: Hotel asks for exemption from TSU program.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by coleslaw
My vote goes for “games”.
Fair enough, but to keep them unavailable for sale?
Old Mar 28, 2021, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Note from my concierge:

"I have recently learned the hotel have not been honoring suite upgrades and this information is being investigated with management."
I began a conversation with Hyatt corporate about this property about a week and a half ago. I am promised resolution shortly.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 2:14 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by gleff
I began a conversation with Hyatt corporate about this property about a week and a half ago. I am promised resolution shortly.
Thanks for taking up the cause, Gary - and let me know when you are in town. This is my local.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Checked in today, booked two nights on points, upgraded to poolside with a fire pit and really nice patio. Great recognition of globalist benefits at check in, free breakfast at Vaga or in room dining. Fantastic views from the pool, excellent service so far. Front desk was very enthusiastic and chatted for a bit about the recent grand opening.
Duke777, atlion25 and tomasdev like this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 12:05 am

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
My wife is taking a girls trip here in two weeks. Currently booked in a king on points. Any ideas if these rooms have pull out sofas or any thing of the like?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.