Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Why does it take 6-8 weeks to transfer points to airline programs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Everyone else manages to do it immediately or, at the very worst, within 72 hours.

With Hyatt it takes FOREVER. It can't be that hard to do the transfer protocol a bit more often!
Old May 28, 2019, 7:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I'd guess that it usually happens fairly quickly, but pretty much everyone uses the 6-8 week language as a CYA manoeuvre.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Everyone else manages to do it immediately or, at the very worst, within 72 hours.

With Hyatt it takes FOREVER. It can't be that hard to do the transfer protocol a bit more often!
The real question should be... why would anyone WANT to transfer Hyatt points into airline miles? That's a terrible use of points. I have a better idea... transfer your points to me and I'll BUY you airline miles!
UA-NYC likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:38 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
if a transfer actually doesn't take only 1 or 2 days, that may be an indication that it's still a truly manual process.

Last edited by 59Impala; May 29, 2019 at 7:20 am
Old May 29, 2019, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I'd guess that it usually happens fairly quickly, but pretty much everyone uses the 6-8 week language as a CYA manoeuvre.
Not so, I did one and it really did take 6-8 weeks to show up in the airline account. For the same airline, Amex takes 1-2 days.

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
The real question should be... why would anyone WANT to transfer Hyatt points into airline miles? That's a terrible use of points. I have a better idea... transfer your points to me and I'll BUY you airline miles!
Maybe, but it was a small amount that made the difference between claiming an int'l business class award or having it disappear. Then it took so long to transfer that the award did disappear while I was waiting.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Data point - Hyatt to AA (needed just a small top-up) - requested 5/29, posted 6 days later on Tuesday 6/3. I called in and the WOH rep said that the miles were marked to post on 6/3, so if you're wondering where they are just call in and they can tell you which sweep they'll be part of.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Data point - Hyatt to AA (needed just a small top-up) - requested 5/29, posted 6 days later on Tuesday 6/3. I called in and the WOH rep said that the miles were marked to post on 6/3, so if you're wondering where they are just call in and they can tell you which sweep they'll be part of.
Thanks, that's helpful to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.