Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel 50 Bowery NYC (Joie de Vivre) REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel 50 Bowery NYC (Joie de Vivre) REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:32 am

Checking in here tonight let me know if you have any questions happy to answer.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:43 pm

Staying here tonight and I must say I'm quite impressed. The room is nicely pointed and large by New York standards and actually pretty large by regular standards to be honest. Was greeted with a fruit plate and prosecco in the room as a globalist. Also proactively offered late check-out. Destination fee is waived for Globalists and there is free water in the room.

I will definitely stay here again too bad I have to leave early tomorrow.

Last edited by ZBigFam; Jan 28, 2020 at 8:01 pm
Old Jan 28, 2020, 8:34 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Staying here tonight and I must say I'm quite impressed. The room is nicely pointed and large by New York standards and actually pretty large by regular standards to be honest. Was greeted with a fruit plate and prosecco in the room as a globalist. Also proactively offered late check-out. Destination fee is waived for Globalists and there is free water in the room.

I will definitely stay here again too bad I have to leave early tomorrow.
What room type were you in? Did you get a Globalist upgrade?

looking forward to a stay here next month.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by hp12c
What room type were you in? Did you get a Globalist upgrade?

looking forward to a stay here next month.
Just checked out, I was in a king with a view and they confirmed they had given me an upgrade. I also had purchased premium internet which they had waived. Total cost for me was 132 for a night which is a tremendous value for the great hard product and great location.

The gym isn't as amazing as the Kabuki which is to be expected. But is serviceable.

One thing to note is that breakfast can be via in room dining as offered to me by the GM.. unfortunately I left at 4am for my flight which precluded me from taking advantage.

Last edited by ZBigFam; Jan 29, 2020 at 2:24 am
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:35 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
My rate for a week is absurdly low… is nobody staying here because they're racist and afraid of catching the Wuhan flu in Chinatown?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:36 am

I can't speak to that but it didn't seem like the hotel was low capacity.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:16 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Just checked out, I was in a king with a view and they confirmed they had given me an upgrade. I also had purchased premium internet which they had waived. Total cost for me was 132 for a night which is a tremendous value for the great hard product and great location.

The gym isn't as amazing as the Kabuki which is to be expected. But is serviceable.

One thing to note is that breakfast can be via in room dining as offered to me by the GM.. unfortunately I left at 4am for my flight which precluded me from taking advantage.
thanks! This seems like a really great option to have, particularly with the extremely reasonable rates that they’ve been offering.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
My rate for a week is absurdly low… is nobody staying here because they're racist and afraid of catching the Wuhan flu in Chinatown?
I was there for 3 days over last Christmas before the outbreak. Rates were stupid low (130~) a night. I would stay at this hotel again. Rooms are small for the King bed, but the view is great and the location is excellent if you like food.
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Could also just be because it's January. I'm seeing pretty low rates throughout New York right now. And I'm not sure how wanting to avoid falling ill is "racist".
murphyUA likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
NYC is a very seasonal hotel market. A 300-500$ per night hotel in the summer/autumn can drop to the low-100s or even double digits in January-February. Lots of capacity and relatively few tourists that time of year.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by strickerj
Could also just be because it's January. I'm seeing pretty low rates throughout New York right now. And I'm not sure how wanting to avoid falling ill is "racist".
Avoiding Chinatown in NYC over virus fears would be racist. You're much safer in Chinatown than in Times Square I'd imagine.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:46 am

Secured an upgrade to the top Bowery Suite for a week on a rate of $104/night (dropped a TSU). This should be good.
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 7:12 am

Secured an upgrade to the top Bowery Suite for a week on a rate of $104/night (dropped a TSU). This should be good.
Please post pictures if you can would love to see what it looks like.

The pictures on oyster are quite impressive

https://www.oyster.com/new-york-city/hotels/hotel-50-bowery-nyc/photos/bowery-suite--v16961060-nw-2000/
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Avoiding Chinatown in NYC over virus fears would be racist. You're much safer in Chinatown than in Times Square I'd imagine.
But all of NYC is priced pretty low for the season right now... no one suggested anyone was avoiding Chinatown. And it still has nothing to do with race.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by strickerj
But all of NYC is priced pretty low for the season right now... no one suggested anyone was avoiding Chinatown. And it still has nothing to do with race.
Yep. Many of the mid-tier Hyatts are currently under $200 (some under $150), PH under $600.

I paid $83 at the CY Midtown East over MLK weekend (which is a very good value property btw).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.