Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel 50 Bowery NYC (Joie de Vivre) REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel 50 Bowery NYC (Joie de Vivre) REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Request a high floor and north facing view (if you haven't already been pre-assigned one of those rooms).
Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dkc192
Request a high floor and north facing view (if you haven't already been pre-assigned one of those rooms).
Note that those are a different category of room. The standard rooms are on lower floors / don’t have “city” (/midtown) views.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Note that those are a different category of room. The standard rooms are on lower floors / don’t have “city” (/midtown) views.
Right, but OP is a Globalist and is entitled to those upgraded rooms if they are available at check in.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:47 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by HSaxa
good places to eat nearby
You should look in the NYC Forum for threads on Chinatown and Little Italy, both of which are walking distance. It would be a short ride on M103 local transit bus to get near the foodie places in the Lower East Side and East Village. If I were staying at 50 Bowery, I would make it a point to get a take out order from Xi'an Famous Foods and eat it in my room.

Scarr’s pizza is one of my favorites in the area and is a 10 min walk or a quick delivery from the hotel.
GratefulSmile likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 4, 2022 at 10:59 am
Old Apr 4, 2022, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Joe's Shanghai is actually in the same building as the hotel and definitely has good food. I also like Great New York Noodletown down the street.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
You should look in the NYC Forum for threads on Chinatown and Little Italy, both of which are walking distance. It would be a short ride on M103 local transit bus to get near the foodie places in the Lower East Side and East Village. If I were staying at 50 Bowery, I would make it a point to get a take out order from Xi'an Famous Foods and eat it in my room.
And don't forget SoHo.

There are far too many good restaurants and nightlife spots in this area to list. Everyone has their favorites. You can also just wander around and see what you discover (this is what I like to do on urban vacations, personally).

Also, just opening Google maps and searching for "restaurants" will give you some idea of the number of options.

Last edited by VegasGambler; Apr 4, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:31 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Ryan was the first GM I've encountered at a Hyatt property who went out of his way to accommodate me before, during, and even after my stay.

Before: Reached out to me via email asking about my preferences, apologized for no standard suites being available, gave the entire overview of their offerings + globalist benefit + asked if there was anything he can do to make the stay more pleasant since I was traveling alone.

During: He went the whole mile. Provided extra non-alcoholic drinks delivered to my room, tons of coffee, provided extra vouchers to use for their delivery meal service, upgraded me to the non-standard suite since the standard suites were not available. I was surprised. Normally I call the FD or visit them, Instead Ryan did everything through email + calling me.

After: Emailed me asking about my stay before the generic Hyatt post-stay survey arrived, threw in extra discounts/freebies for my next stay (Just told me to contact his email directly after making any future booking), and of course he also thanked me for staying. I was pleasantly surprised. I haven't seen any hotel GM do that.

Totally got spoiled by him, but he sure knows hospitality. If you search for 'Ryan' in this thread, you'll see other users who had similar experiences/feedback about him

Originally Posted by coleslaw
I’ve stayed at 50 Bowery a couple of times but haven’t really interacted with Ryan. Are there any specifics as to the amazing service? I don’t disagree or anything… just wondering.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:01 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Ryan was the first GM I've encountered at a Hyatt property who went out of his way to accommodate me before, during, and even after my stay.

Before: Reached out to me via email asking about my preferences, apologized for no standard suites being available, gave the entire overview of their offerings + globalist benefit + asked if there was anything he can do to make the stay more pleasant since I was traveling alone.

During: He went the whole mile. Provided extra non-alcoholic drinks delivered to my room, tons of coffee, provided extra vouchers to use for their delivery meal service, upgraded me to the non-standard suite since the standard suites were not available. I was surprised. Normally I call the FD or visit them, Instead Ryan did everything through email + calling me.

After: Emailed me asking about my stay before the generic Hyatt post-stay survey arrived, threw in extra discounts/freebies for my next stay (Just told me to contact his email directly after making any future booking), and of course he also thanked me for staying. I was pleasantly surprised. I haven't seen any hotel GM do that.

Totally got spoiled by him, but he sure knows hospitality. If you search for 'Ryan' in this thread, you'll see other users who had similar experiences/feedback about him
This does sound like great service - especially the upgrade to a Premium Suite.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Guess you got lucky. When employee negligence caused the fire alarm to go off at 3am during our stay and we had to evacuate, no one at the hotel even offered an apology for the inconvenience. And when I emailed FD a week before our arrival about the A/C not working, they basically said "yeah, it's broken, do you want to cancel your stay?".

I still like the hotel for a few reasons, but damn if service wasn't one of them.

I also wouldn't be too keen on getting extra food delivered from their breakfast provider. They recently scored 49 points on their health inspection... > 28 points is a "C" rating, so I'm not sure how they didn't get shut down and their rating still shows on the site as a "B": https://a816-health.nyc.gov/ABCEatsR...earch/50086878
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Lomic
I still like the hotel for a few reasons, but damn if service wasn't one of them.
Ditto. Ryan apologized to me afterwards about a very poor Globalist room assignment, but that didn't make my stay any better.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Guess you got lucky. When employee negligence caused the fire alarm to go off at 3am during our stay and we had to evacuate, no one at the hotel even offered an apology for the inconvenience. And when I emailed FD a week before our arrival about the A/C not working, they basically said "yeah, it's broken, do you want to cancel your stay?".

I also wouldn't be too keen on getting extra food delivered from their breakfast provider. They recently scored 49 points on their health inspection... > 28 points is a "C" rating, so I'm not sure how they didn't get shut down and their rating still shows on the site as a "B": https://a816-health.nyc.gov/ABCEatsR...earch/50086878
Yeesh, that's terrible. Even the grungiest NYC places that I eat always have an A rating. I would not stay again until they resolve this breakfast issue. No reason to stay at a full-service property without a legitimate breakfast option.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:19 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
yikes that sounds like a one-off. I didn't interact much with the FD but they didn't seem too engaging.

My stay was in January of this year.

Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
yikes that sounds like a one-off. I didn't interact much with the FD but they didn't seem too engaging.

My stay was in January of this year.
I don't have any experience dealing with the GM directly, but it does sound like you maybe got particularly good treatment (based on other comments - and my own experience - on upgrades, your extra food vouchers, etc, etc).
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by cbra2
I didn't see any DP's on parking at this property- unfortunately I will be driving to NYC! I placed a quick call to the property last night to inquire about Globalist benefits- they stated 'parking is available in a garage a few blocks away and the charge is $30/night'. When I inquired about free parking for Globalists they stated 'we don't do that here'. Can anyone confirm this?
Any updates on parking?

The website now says you can charge either valet or self parking to the room. And according to Hyatt terms "Free parking benefit is valid at Hyatt hotels or resorts that offer parking, provided that parking charges at such hotel or resort can be billed to the guest room/folio."

PARKING:
  • Valet Parking: Pickup and drop off at hotel $70 for 24 hours, includes regular and oversized vehicles. Valet parking charges will be posted to the guest room.
  • Self Parking: 44 Elizabeth St only; if garage is full, 180 Worth St can be used as an alternative. Guests should identify as hotel guests upon arrival at the garage. Guests will receive an authorization sticker before departing. $50 for 24 hours, includes regular and oversized vehicles. Self-parking charges will be posted to the guest room.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:32 pm

An update: the concierge at first told me parking isn't waived for globalist on award reservations because it can't be billed to the folio. After I pointed out the wording on the website, the concierge called the front desk and confirmed that parking is indeed waived.

So it seems like it may have changed since the original posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.