Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel 50 Bowery NYC (Joie de Vivre) REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel 50 Bowery NYC (Joie de Vivre) REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2021, 2:30 pm

I'm still undecided on this property- staying 2 nights, so with the current promotion that would be a total of 30,000 points. They are charging a $15 destination fee per night and that $35 nightly parking fee. I understand the food vouchers, but in reality I'm paying for benefits I should be receiving because of status.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cbra2
I'm still undecided on this property- staying 2 nights, so with the current promotion that would be a total of 30,000 points. They are charging a $15 destination fee per night and that $30 nightly parking fee. I understand the food vouchers, but in reality I'm paying for benefits I should be receiving because of status.
If you’re globalist you don’t pay the $15
Old Jun 20, 2021, 2:35 pm

Thanks- I was just editing my post as I called the property AGAIN and just verified that!
Old Jun 20, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Thanks- I was just editing my post as I called the property AGAIN and just verified that!
Thats true of any resort or destination fee, not just as this property.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 6:28 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
How does this property compare to the Sheraton TriBeCa which is nearby?
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:03 pm

I'm still undecided on this property- staying 2 nights, so with the current promotion that would be a total of 30,000 points. They are charging a $15 destination fee per night and that $35 nightly parking fee. I understand the food vouchers, but in reality I'm paying for benefits I should be receiving because of status.
What's the promotion? I must have completely missed this
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Not just Globalists - Anyone redeeming points doesn't pay the destination fee.
CoffeeTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
What's the promotion? I must have completely missed this
Ha posted too quickly. Just came across the thread mentioning the promo. "Seek the Unique" 25% points back at jdv, destination and unbound. Stays between June 15 and Sept 15. Only for WOH CC holders
Old Jun 25, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by hp12c
no, it was after that. But now that you mention it, that may still be why it happened - maybe the hotel accidentally continued it after the promo period. Good call.
Just like award parking, this hotel didn't participate in that promo. I asked. They don't own their garage. Likely an oversight in your favor.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 2:25 pm

Has anyone tried to use their breakfast voucher for lunch/dinner? I can't imagine why it wouldn't work, but would of course rather not risk losing out on it if the breakfast window passes.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 6:10 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by quixoticx
Has anyone tried to use their breakfast voucher for lunch/dinner? I can't imagine why it wouldn't work, but would of course rather not risk losing out on it if the breakfast window passes.
Yes, you can use the voucher outside of breakfast hours.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Prive bookings also don't pay the fee for any status level.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
I just completed a stay here last week. Booked Prive rate standard King with 4th night free got upgraded to a nice city view king on 18th floor. $75 credit was usable for the rooftop drinks/food. Had to remind them at checkout to apply the credit though. My only major negative comment was the breakfast delivery was very slow. On Monday morning it took 1 hour and 50 min from the time I ordered the breakfast to delivery time. I think the $40 voucher is a bit tight for 2 people with the fees that they charge and tip.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by chewy3
Prive bookings also don't pay the fee for any status level.
Specifically at the 50 Bowery?

Prive bookings are subject to resort/destination fees at other properties.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Specifically at the 50 Bowery?

Prive bookings are subject to resort/destination fees at other properties.
Some properties including 50 Bowery waive the destination fees on Privé bookings. This is mainly city hotels, it does not apply to resorts and varies by the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.