Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Kabuki San Francisco (JdV) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Amazing stay here this far. I wish that many Hyatt's would deliver the same service and status recognition that this hotel did.

Upon check-in I was greeted and thanked for my status. I was given the option for a high floor or a suite without ANY prompting! How refreshing! I choose the suite and was amazed by the nice living room, huge tv and beautiful bathroom. The couch is also a pull out.

I told them I had valeted my vehicle and the FDA said "oh it's complimentary", wow, no argument or clarification. Then she reminded me of my free breakfast in the morning and offered me waters. Absolutely brilliant check-in experience.

Went downstairs to the gym to work out. This is one of the best gyms I have ever seen at a US Hyatt. Bench press, multiple ellipticals, punching bags, free classes!! Amazing.

I will update with the quality of breakfast tomorrow, what an amazing stay thus far.

Ellipticals and bench

Punching bags

Bathroom

Bedroom

Free classes!

Living room
rickg523 and 59Impala like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also one of my faves in San Francisco.
Old May 26, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt G, Marriott LG, SQ *G
Thanks for the review and the pics. Was already thinking of staying here, but the free valet parking may cinch it. Is it a Globalist benefit for this property, free nights or something else?
Old May 26, 2019, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yellowrabbit
Thanks for the review and the pics. Was already thinking of staying here, but the free valet parking may cinch it. Is it a Globalist benefit for this property, free nights or something else?
I haven't stayed since the merging of jdv with woh. But here's the skinny from the website:
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ife-club.html?
Old May 26, 2019, 5:29 pm

Free parking is a Globalist benefit on award stays. In my experience, where valet is offered, then valet is always included.

While I’ve gotten free parking (rarely) on non-award (cash) stays I have never seen it offered as a standard (I.e. every Globalist gets it) benefit at any full service Hyatt property.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Free valet was because I had booked a points stay.
Old May 27, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt G, Marriott LG, SQ *G
Thanks a lot for the replies. Looks like I'll be booking it.
Old May 27, 2019, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

I would highly recommend especially if you like a world class gym because the gym there is amazing. Japan Town location is also very good as there are.many great ramen and sushi spots nearby.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Is breakfast included here for Globalists on cash rate?
Check in agent seemed confused and said it was only for award stays
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Yes it's included. Make sure you clarify with them although I will say their breakfast is the least special thing about the hotel.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Yes it's included. Make sure you clarify with them although I will say their breakfast is the least special thing about the hotel.
Thank you, they ended up giving my breakfast tickets but I must agree, what a disapointment for an otherwise great property. Most likely won't be back to eat here.

I am told they just hired a new F&B director who has removed all items from their bar as well so hopefully he/ or she will address the breakfast situation
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Staying in a couple weeks. What’s wrong with the breakfast?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lighthouse206

It's just blah, very basic and not special unlike the rest of the hotel.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by lighthouse206

Very limited selection with only one hot food option (scrambled eggs), no a la carte, no latte/cappuccino included
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by invalyd
Very limited selection with only one hot food option (scrambled eggs), no a la carte, no latte/cappuccino included
No a la carte period or just not giving it to Globalists? If it's the former then I suspect they will change on that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.