Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Accrue Hyatt Status on Reward Nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accrue Hyatt Status on Reward Nights

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
So am I. Did you write a bot? I'm too lazy.
I looked at the source, it seems like a Bot is overkill here. At the end of the day all I care about is grabbing the 72,000 points I need to book the 6 night stay in Honolulu. I don't need to be greedy and at the same time, there is also a limit on how many of packs you can get.

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
What conference are you going to in HNL? I'm not sure if my boss will buy it if I tell him I want to go to a conference in Hawaii but it's worth a shot.
ACM CHI 2020 conference in Honolulu next year. It's the big academic research conference in my field (Human-Computer Interaction). That being said, I won't be gutted if I don't end up getting the offer, I'm sure there'll be other deals available in the area (also the Hyatt seem far away from the convention centre)

Originally Posted by JetAway
Unfortunately, the "good" U.S. Travel Daily Getaway promotions such as Hyatt's are no long accessible to the average person and are mostly scooped up by pros with bots. Which completely undercuts the rationale of the promotions.
Unsure precisely how they implemented the buying system but it seems like if you can manage to hit the Buy button they'll hold the points for you for up to 5 minutes at a time. Hence, the main consideration at this point is ensuring you can click the Buy button in the first place. Once you can do that you're Golden so to speak. A strategy is to have 4 browser windows scattered across the screen for each of the offers, then refresh them all at 1 PM. Whichever ones have a buy button you hit. There are more technical ways to solving this issue but don't want to bore you with technical details.

Also that being said, I managed to snap up some Choice Hotel points. While they may not be exciting for the average traveller, they can provide solid value particularly if you're in markets that have lots of 8K redemptions. Looking forward to snapping up some BW Rewards points this week since they too can provide value, particularly when BW runs their 10K point redemption promotions from time to time.

Safe Travels,

James
Old May 19, 2019, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by j2simpso
I looked at the source, it seems like a Bot is overkill here.

Hence, the main consideration at this point is ensuring you can click the Buy button in the first place.
Clicking a button sounds slow.

"Bot" might be an overstatement but automating the process of sending the right request to the server at the right time sounds a lot faster.
Old May 20, 2019, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I love how the OP is so confident about getting not just one Hyatt package, but multiple packages... when they sell out instantly with 100s if not 1000s of bots chasing them.

The odds of grabbing a package are miniscule, but I suppose they improve a bit given us humans don't even waste our time trying any more...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.