Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Can I put second Guest on award stay and not show up?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I put second Guest on award stay and not show up?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Again, just to be clear, you can book an award for anyone. ...
Yes, but the "anyone" here is the primary accountholder himself, who's also adding a TSU (as you mentioned). If the primary on the reservation no-shows, it's not at all a sure thing that the Singapore front desk is going to rebook the award in the guest's name, minus the TSU, or let the person stay in the upgraded room for free, assuming the guest checks in first and then the primary's no-show is discovered later.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
One huge problem that hasn't been mentioned yet is that many hotels I've checked in overseas require a copy of your passport. That will be enough to verify that you are staying in the room because they will want to see you in person present your passport. I don't know if Singapore requires a copy of your passport but I would be very surprised if they didn't require it.
And I've had my wife check in before me at various hotels where she has been given explicit instructions that I personally need to stop by the front desk prior to checkout. We sometimes have to travel separately due to work schedules.

iexaltu, we all understand what you're trying to accomplish. Give a friend a suite upgrade and still get night credit for the stay. I push the limits quite a bit but this is definitely a bridge too far for me. Just give him/her Guest of Honor and they will get full Glob benefits.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.