Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt new policy only 1 bottle of water per room

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt new policy only 1 bottle of water per room

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JackE
The weird thing is they make a big deal about providing water. They also make a big deal about the once-in-a-lifetime 5-brand award. More so than some of the really great things they do. Very strange.
The end of stay Medellia survey asks in the WOH Globalist section if you got your one bottle of water. Probably the worst top elite benefit I've ever seen on paper.
dw and diamond_46 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Not in Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Got 8 on my last stay.
After March 1?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Central90210
After March 1?
Last stay was March 2-3 and room came exactly as I like it. Fingers crossed for stay starting tomorrow but I don't see this hotel giving me only 1.
Central90210 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by diamond_46
Absolutely horrified with this new policy.
Genocide is something to be horrified at. Bottles of water are not.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by gengar
This one just screams of nickel and diming.
That’s because that is what it is. Hyatt hotels have become more “nickel and diming” with World of Hyatt as part and parcel of the cost-cutting initiatives.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Biggest loser is Pepsico. Their purified water should be outlawed for wasting plastic. Same with Coke and Dasani. Same with all tap water in small plastic bottles. Spring water only in small plastic bottles.
mixmastermark likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:00 am

Seriously people??? You DO realize the water that comes out of the tap in your room is likely just as pure as whatever is in the bottle? Bottled water is horrible for the environment and I applaud Hyatt for trying to cut back on it (if, in fact, they are..)

Beyond that... I've observed a move to larger single bottles (typically of a premium brand) at some full service Hyatt's... and those cost way more (at retail) than two small bottles of Aquafina.
rwm818 and joe_miami like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder

That’s because that is what it is. Hyatt hotels have become more “nickel and diming” with World of Hyatt as part and parcel of the cost-cutting initiatives.
Someone has an agenda/grudge... Hyatt has been BETTER to me (and many many other Globalists) over the last few years. What happened is they made a strategic decision to dump lower margin customers who were consuming a disproportionate amount of elite benefits. It was a smart business move and the right thing to do.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Someone has an agenda/grudge...
..... said by those with an agenda/grudge, always?

Aren’t you willing to identify cost-cutting as cost-cutting, whether or not at the expense of most consumers of Hyatt services? Facts are my agenda, including recognizing cost-cutting as cost-cutting.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 7, 2019 at 7:51 am
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Just stayed at Hyatt Place Greenville and had 4 bottles of water in my room.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder

..... said by those with an agenda/grudge, always.

Aren’t you willing to identify cost-cutting as cost-cutting, whether or not at the expense of most consumers of Hyatt services?
I don' t agree with your contention that we live in a binary (either black or white, either good or bad) world. Some people (like me) greatly benefitted from this decision. I get better service, more TSU availability, tons of free upgrades, extremely generous breakfasts (just had a $70 room service breakfast at the GH DFW - all free), and much more since this decision was made. I understand you feel you (and others) got shafted.... and you use every chance you get to complain about it/dump on Hyatt as a result.

Yes, they probably did reduce cost but that isn't always a bad thing, either. Being more efficient means they can offer lower room rates, perhaps pay some of their people more (I believe Hyatt is the highest ranked "place to work" in hospitality), invest in new concepts (i.e. buy Two Roads and grow the footprint), and more than anything reducing cost/growing efficiency helps them to stay independent in an industry where consolidation has been a very bad thing for consumers.

I could be wrong, but I think this is a very personal issue for you and others on here - way more personal than any real concern about consumers as a whole. If they'd just let you be a 25 stay Diamond/Gloabalist again, I suspect you'd say nothing.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:09 am
Suspended

If they'd just let you be a 25 stay Diamond/Gloabalist again, I suspect you'd say nothing.
You can suspect whatever you wish and I know you’d be incorrect about me in that. I was also critical of Hyatt’s anti-consumer changes before the GP-to-WOH devaluation exercise.

Maybe Hyatt/hotels can claim reduction in “complimentary” water bottles in rooms is yet another environmental-friendly initiative and hope that the message in the bottle — that it’s a cost-cutting exercise too — gets lost at sea.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:05 am
formerly smoaky

Not a dig at the OP (though, horrified, really?), but I've never understood why there's so much chat about free water? These are minuscule bottles in any case! You'll be needing more than that to survive lol.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
I could be wrong, but I think this is a very personal issue for you and others on here - way more personal than any real concern about consumers as a whole. If they'd just let you be a 25 stay Diamond/Gloabalist again, I suspect you'd say nothing.
Sir, the changes to WoH after rollout now make it easier to get Glob than the old 25 stay requirement. Specifically, night credit for credit card spend. One can now simply manufactured spend their way to Glob and then just burn those points and free nights accumulated along the way without ever paying cash for a room. Including having full club access and TSUs. While $125K in charges sounds like a lot, that is a light month for some experienced Manufactured Spenders.
If you are unfamiliar with manufactured spending and how easy it is, I recommend you visit the Manufactured Spending forum on this website.

Hyatt's happy with the arrangement because they sell points to Chase and Chase is happy because they generate swipe fees. This arrangement may change sometime in the future but I suspect that this is a multiyear contract.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Sir, the changes to WoH after rollout now make it easier to get Glob than the old 25 stay requirement. Specifically, night credit for credit card spend. One can now simply manufactured spend their way to Glob and then just burn those points and free nights accumulated along the way without ever paying cash for a room. Including having full club access and TSUs. While $125K in charges sounds like a lot, that is a light month for some experienced Manufactured Spenders.
If you are unfamiliar with manufactured spending and how easy it is, I recommend you visit the Manufactured Spending forum on this website.

Hyatt's happy with the arrangement because they sell points to Chase and Chase is happy because they generate swipe fees. This arrangement may change sometime in the future but I suspect that this is a multiyear contract.
I'm not complaining about the change... I love that they made the change. However, there's a few rampant posters on here that are fixated on it. As for your point about manufactured spending, to each their own, but I find the practice to be distasteful to say the least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.