Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note: According to multiple data points on Nov 2023 - Hyatt stays that earn AA Loyalty Point accrual hit AA accounts on Tuesdays (and take up to 5-7 business days overall). To be eligible for Hyatt accrual you need AA status (gold or better) and you receive 1 Loyalty Point for every base $ spent at Hyatt.

Print Wikipost

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:04 pm

Had a check out 6/2 and no AA miles yet. First stay under new program.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Originally Posted by uppereastsider

Respectfully disagree.

- Award nights counting towards status
- TSUs on award stays
- Updated language where suite upgrades are standard experience for globalists
- WOH Visa which earns nights via spend
- SLH partnership opening up tons of new point redemptions
- Free Cat 1-7 night every year for getting globalist
- Free parking and no resort fees for globs
- Earn TSUs at 50 nights now
- New airline partnership to earn miles and earn Hyatt points on flights
- Free night at 30 nights
- 5k points or other incentives at 40 nights
- TSUs/10k points at 70/80/90 nights

A lot of these are perks introduced in last year or two, with the 30-50 night incentives being very new. This seems like a company investing in its members. If you want to see a program lose perks and appear to be going downhill fast, go to the MR forum here
im not a Hyatt person anymore after the new program, but you are right. Getting upset that Concierge Key AA members are matched is pretty funny. CK is not even something as a traveler I can strive to, because it’s not part of their normal program. With that said, CKs are frequent travelers and already have their hotel favorites. This offer won’t impact anybody. Hell I think many assumes CKs had the match at most hotels.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Hilton Aspire Holder, Marriott Amex Plat Holder, AA PP Promo Recipient
Originally Posted by Low_Value_Elite
Anyone noticing slower posting of AA miles from Hyatt stays? My stay ending 5/27 posted to AA on 5/28, but nothing since then. Had a stay ending 6/3 and another ending 6/9, but nothing from either so far. Just wondering if this is a systemwide problem that will be remedied soon or if it's some one-off error that I should chase down with AA. My AA flights are still posting to Hyatt as expected.
Just reporting back on this -- both stays posted this morning. Not sure why the 6/3 stay got hung up for so long, but all's well that ends well...
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:38 am

Same here.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
I just received my bonus AA points (from this new partnership) for two recent Hyatt stays.

1 AA mile per 1 dollar spent on non-tax room-rate at Hyatt.

Both posted within a day or two of check-out, labelled as "Hyatt Dual Accrual" on my AA activity.

Gee, sure wish my WoH activity statement could manage to be so clear with the Chase WoH Visa-earned points, LoL
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:23 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

This is one of the weakest alliance programs. It is mostly challenge program, not any reciprocal status link. I was expecting the link between Marriott and United.

For folks who mostly use points and miles, they do not get anything from this program.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
I have to say, I'm really enjoying my free AA Platinum status thanks to this partnership. Got free MCE for 5 AA reservations for the family (4 people) for the travel already planned on AA, including several BA redemptions. Should be able to keep Gold organically just with summer travel booked so far.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I for one, am VERY glad to see this partnership between Hyatt and AA ! ^

1. I went from AA Gold to AA Platinum for free immediately and this status challenge now motivates me to fly AA until August 2019 to keep at least Platinum and I may even try to go to Platinum Pro
2. My AA Platinum status has already yielded 3 upgrades to F, which I had zero chance as a Gold; not to mention access to MCE at booking
3. Several HYATT DUAL ACCRUAL have posted - the amount of miles are minimal but it's better than nothing

Not bad at all! My flying will still remain primarily on UA but my backup program AA is now bearable! Only downside is that I can no longer realistically pursue status on DL with its SkyPesos

Last edited by sapguy; Jun 17, 2019 at 6:31 pm
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:09 pm

Explorist and AA Gold (via match from this program). Had a points stay last weekend that included some Hyatt-eligible food spend, but haven't seen those points added to my AA account. Should they be? I've seen some mixed reports on whether points earned on that type of spend would be reciprocated, or if it would be strictly for the room rate. This is an inconsequential amount, but hoping to nail down what should happen prior to a much longer trip this summer.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Looks like it's a little slower the other way. Hyatt points for AA flights are posting within 1-2 days, AA miles for Hyatt stays are taking longer, about 7-10 days.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by RMZ2006
Explorist and AA Gold (via match from this program). Had a points stay last weekend that included some Hyatt-eligible food spend, but haven't seen those points added to my AA account. Should they be? I've seen some mixed reports on whether points earned on that type of spend would be reciprocated, or if it would be strictly for the room rate. This is an inconsequential amount, but hoping to nail down what should happen prior to a much longer trip this summer.
In line with the comment following mine, the miles - all 4 of them (!) - posted approximately a week after the stay concluded.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I signed up weeks ago and have had multiple Hyatt stays start and finish, but nothing's posted. I tried to sign up again to see if the first time hadn't taken, but was told I was already signed up. Any idea who I should contact about this?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:53 pm

Did you do the challenge to activate elite status on AA or have elite AA status? Because no AA elite status = no points for Hyatt stays. I activated my AA challenge when I knew I would get some stays in the 3 month period, so I got a few thousand bonus miles. Then the status will end and this partnership will go back to being completely useless to me other than the occasional time I earn a few hundred Hyatt points from an AA flight here and there.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by antonius66
Did you do the challenge to activate elite status on AA or have elite AA status? Because no AA elite status = no points for Hyatt stays. I activated my AA challenge when I knew I would get some stays in the 3 month period, so I got a few thousand bonus miles. Then the status will end and this partnership will go back to being completely useless to me other than the occasional time I earn a few hundred Hyatt points from an AA flight here and there.
Ah, OK, thanks! I'm not doing the challenge yet, no.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:39 am

Dumb question but need to clarify. I should activate the match to platinum promotion just before I fly my first American flight, I do not have to activate it before I book or purchase. Is this correct? Just want to make sure I maximize the time with platinum to try and get status through 2021. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.