Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note: According to multiple data points on Nov 2023 - Hyatt stays that earn AA Loyalty Point accrual hit AA accounts on Tuesdays (and take up to 5-7 business days overall). To be eligible for Hyatt accrual you need AA status (gold or better) and you receive 1 Loyalty Point for every base $ spent at Hyatt.

Print Wikipost

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 5:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I got e-mails from neither (and I do usually get e-mails from Hyatt), but I do see the status challenge promotion on my AA account after linking both accounts.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:23 am

How long for points to post?

Just wondering if anyone had reciprocal points post yet? AA EXP and Hyatt Explorist, stayed at Hyatt over the weekend but haven’t see anything on AA side. Linked accounts the day it went live and read the details but couldn’t seem to find anywhere stating the amount of time it’ll take (usually these promotions would have a sentence “Please allow X time for points to post...”
Linking was successful as I got upgraded to Explorist for 3 months
Old May 22, 2019, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VegasGambler

Again, though, crediting to AS is just so many miles... I can't bring myself to credit to AA. I have a BA F round trip at the end of the year where I'm earning enough miles on that trip alone do a J TPAC RT. It's almost like a BOGO premium cabin sale over there.
I'm not in a rush to try, but I think the play is to take the AA challenge, then use that status to match over at AS. (especially if Hyatt Globs won't be allowed to challenge AA every year or two)
Old May 22, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by tamachan
Just wondering if anyone had reciprocal points post yet? AA EXP and Hyatt Explorist, stayed at Hyatt over the weekend but haven’t see anything on AA side. Linked accounts the day it went live and read the details but couldn’t seem to find anywhere stating the amount of time it’ll take (usually these promotions would have a sentence “Please allow X time for points to post...”

I've both stayed at Hyatts and flown AA since the relationship started, and from my limited sample size:
  • Hyatt points for AA flights post ~1-2 days after the flight
  • AA points for Hyatt stays post ~7 days after the stay completes
Old May 22, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by ComplexAnalysis
I've both stayed at Hyatts and flown AA since the relationship started, and from my limited sample size:
Ah, so it is after the flight takes place (i.e. when the EQD hits one's AA account) rather than when the ticket is purchased? If that's the case then tickets paid for before the accounts were linked but the flights happen afterward will count, presumably? Good news...
Old May 22, 2019, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by ComplexAnalysis
thanks for the insight ComplexAnalysis! I got an email from Hyatt just today saying my link was successful so I was worried my stay wouldn’t have counted. I’ll wait until the weekend to see what happens!
Old May 23, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
I'm seeing about the same timing for points on both sides. They definitely post after the flight/stay, not at the time of purchase. And I only got my email confirmation of successfully linking the accounts yesterday but was receiving points in both accounts prior.
Old May 23, 2019, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
If that's the case then tickets paid for before the accounts were linked but the flights happen afterward will count, presumably?
Can confirm this is the case.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by tamachan
How fast did your WoH account change to Explorist? I've linked my accounts but haven't seen an upgrade on the Hyatt side yet.

Update : So after linking the accounts, I find that I must go to my WoH account to Register for this promo! All good now!

Last edited by Guy Betsy; May 23, 2019 at 6:54 pm
Old May 24, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
I finally got linked after two weeks and several name changes in each program. The problem seems to be that I have both a middle name and a suffix -- rarely use the latter but I do have it on my AAdvantage account so that my ticket will match my passport -- and the two programs have different fields, rules on capitalization, etc. So even when your name is showing on your screen as exactly identical in both systems, the systems themselves don't think so.

The most attractive feature of this promotion for me was the hope that I could extend my Executive Platinum status for another year without having to reach $15,000 in EQD. (I'll probably make it anyway, but it won't be easy: I'm currently at about 80K EQM with only $8300 EQD.) But now that I've linked, I'm not getting this offer, I guess because I'm already an EXP.

Interestingly, I am getting the offer of a fast track to Globalist despite already being a Globalist. But this won't matter for me because I'm currently holding at 52 nights, waiting until July to requalify so that the six-month validity on my Category 1-7 free night certificate will last through the Christmas/New Year holiday.

So I guess I'll have to be content with getting a Hyatt point for every dollar spent on American and vice versa, which is better than nothing.

Last edited by Assimilated Cajun; May 24, 2019 at 12:45 pm Reason: clarity
Old May 24, 2019, 1:48 pm

I got an offer of AA gold based on my hyatt status of explorist. However my hyatt status will revert to discoverist after May 31 2019.

Does anyone know if my AA gold offer will be removed after my hyatt status changes? Do I need to accept the AA offer by May 31 or could I wait?

I have AA flights scheduled for end of July and September so I prefer to wait until July to start the 90 day period, but don't want to risk that the offer will disappear before I register.
Old May 25, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
Interestingly my AA points posted correctly when I settled my first Hyatt bill. However, I had to extend my stay (and payment for that booking was done separately), but the additional AA miles for those extra nights didn't come through, even though the Hyatt stay posted as one continuous stay. Will be interesting to see if it's a weekly sweep or whether I'll need to follow up to get the balance.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just had my first batch of AA flights post to Hyatt. Yesterday I got points from flights on 5/15, 5/24 and 5/27. All amounts look correct.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Over in the AA forum, it's being reported that AA sent out another huge batch of gifted status, including to people who hadn't flown AA at all in over a year.

Like with the Hyatt challenge, the people who got that offer can get AA EXP after 35,000 EQM. Unlike the Hyatt challenge, the people who got yesterday's freebie only need to spend $4,000 EQD while AA is requiring the Hyatt people to spend $5,000 EQD.

Hyatt really took care of their own when negotiating this deal. LOL.
sapguy likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
You seem to receive points on AA even for award stays with Hyatt. After a couple award stays last month I just checked my Advantage account and saw I got miles for those.
soartoday likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.