Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note: According to multiple data points on Nov 2023 - Hyatt stays that earn AA Loyalty Point accrual hit AA accounts on Tuesdays (and take up to 5-7 business days overall). To be eligible for Hyatt accrual you need AA status (gold or better) and you receive 1 Loyalty Point for every base $ spent at Hyatt.

Print Wikipost

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 4:41 pm

In all fairness, he didn't really dispute the economic value or basis for the move to Hyatt, he mainly just pointed out that as a loyal Hyatt customer, he feels like it would be unacceptable for him to lose out to someone given the benefits without meeting the criteria that he has. Can't say I blame him. It is one sided from a customer perspective.
joe_miami likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
I've linked my accounts and shall wait to see what AA offer Hyatt Explorists.
Bigshaker likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:09 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Keeping getting an error message when trying to link

“Error occurred while linking the partner accounts”
Old May 13, 2019, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I had comped diamond/globalist staus for 2 years, with maybe 3-4 stays during those 2 years. I was treated exactly the same as I was last year when I actually started staying at Hyatt, and as I am now that I "earned" the status.

As far as I can tell, there is no difference in treatment between comped and earned status, nor should there be. The reason that they are comping someone the status is to try to get their business. It would make no sense to mistreat someone while trying to get their business.
True. I had status matched Explorist and stayed for the first time ever at a Hyatt. They could clearly see that it was my first stay (and asked if i had ever stayed at hyatt before) yet they upgraded my room and gave me a late 4pm checkout and sent few bottles of water.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA exp(6mm), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
What Nights count for the challenge

I was on my way to finish keeping my explorist status for a year before this challenge came out this morning. I am an AA EXP. I do like Hyatt. In order to get Globalist I need 20 nights within the next 90 days. Do cash and points, all points and my WOH credit card nights all count toward the 20 nights. OR does it have to be paid nights only?
Old May 13, 2019, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Bigshaker
Keeping getting an error message when trying to link

“Error occurred while linking the partner accounts”
Names must be identical. My AA account has my middle name and I had the same problem.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:25 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Names must be identical. My AA account has my middle name and I had the same problem.
Thanks, how did you resolve? Call Hyatt and add your middle name or some other way?
Old May 13, 2019, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JimLtravels
I was on my way to finish keeping my explorist status for a year before this challenge came out this morning. I am an AA EXP. I do like Hyatt. In order to get Globalist I need 20 nights within the next 90 days. Do cash and points, all points and my WOH credit card nights all count toward the 20 nights. OR does it have to be paid nights only?
For challenges, I believe it must be actual stays, whether paid, points, cash and points, or CC free nights. As of last year, the two nights per $5,000 on the CC didn't count toward the challenge requirements.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:30 pm

Thanks, how did you resolve? Call Hyatt and add your middle name or some other way?
Tried Twitter but the rep said I had to email a scan of DL or passport. I emailed my concierge to see if she could do it before I went through the hassle.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Tried Twitter but the rep said I had to email a scan of DL or passport. I emailed my concierge to see if she could do it before I went through the hassle.
thanks. Just found this on hyatt link site under faq...so much for them being clear but yes my AA has middle name and Hyatt doesn’t.

I’m getting an error message when trying to link accounts. Why is that happening?

A few things could be happening. Please confirm that your first and last names match on both your World of Hyatt and AAdvantage accounts.

If your first name or last name does not match, please send your requested name change information along with a state-issued ID to [email protected].

Old May 13, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by jfhscott
For an apparent economist, I think you are being quite simple.

Maybe, just maybe, Hyatt is using this like it used hotel status matches 10 years ago, targeting those who have a track record of very significant, high dollar travel. If one of the supposedly unworthy recipients makes use of the match only, say 10 nights, Hyatt is out little and virtuous Globalists who earned Globalist the hard way will hardly notice the presence of these customers. If they actually stay enough nights in 2020 to requalify, that is great for Hyatt - especially if those nights would have been on another chain's beds.

Hyatt obviously did not do this for existing globalists. Nor do I think they did this for Conceirge Key members. Rather, they did this for Hyatt, which surely loves this opportunity to market itself to a proven high dollar clientele.

Stop whining.
Despite all the vitriol within, you haven't actually addressed any of the points he made.
Old May 13, 2019, 8:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Well I've linked my accounts and it'll be nice to earn some extra Hyatt points. Sadly, as an Executive Platinum and a Discoverist I won't get to benefit the same way I would if I had less AA status and more Hyatt status which is a little annoying for me.
Old May 13, 2019, 8:34 pm

thanks. Just found this on hyatt link site under faq...so much for them being clear but yes my AA has middle name and Hyatt doesn’t.

I’m getting an error message when trying to link accounts. Why is that happening?

A few things could be happening. Please confirm that your first and last names match on both your World of Hyatt and AAdvantage accounts.

If your first name or last name does not match, please send your requested name change information along with a state-issued ID to [email protected].

My concierge was able to fix my account and I was able to link them.
Bigshaker likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:41 pm

Well actually considering I would wager 99 percent of CK get it through OPM and I would hope no company is paying for someone to gamble their way to Noir, I actually would say that Noir is harder.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by antonius66
Well actually considering I would wager 99 percent of CK get it through OPM and I would hope no company is paying for someone to gamble their way to Noir, I actually would say that Noir is harder.
How many people on here have been gifted CK or GS? There's a whole thread of people here, including non-gamblers, who were recently gifted Noir.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.