Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

More points promo - 2/15-5/15/2019 - 1,000 (or 1,500 pls / night)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More points promo - 2/15-5/15/2019 - 1,000 (or 1,500 pls / night)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:31 pm

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:27 am
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:03 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just checked out of a 3 night stay and no bonus points. Rushed to this thread to see what folks had been experiencing and realized its only active after the second stay! Whoops! But thanks to the info on this thread!
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Just finished a 5 night HH stay (second stay in the promo period) - received 7500 pts along with standard stay pts. Got another 5 nights starting on Sunday
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
My 3 night stay at HH on double pt rate

Stay Details
Qualifying Night(s):3
Qualifying Spend:$491.70 USD
Check-in:Feb 26, 2019
Checkout:Mar 1, 2019
Points Earned
Base Points/Miles:2,459
Double Points:2,459
Globalist 30% Bonus:738
Q1 Hyatt Place Hyatt House:4,500

Total Points / Miles: 10,156
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Hi. Back in reply #57, I said that I had a stay going on when the promo started, I made a second consecutive stay at the hotel, which I assumed would count as one long stay, and I got bonus points for it despite the way I read the "second stay" language.

Well, guess what? Today Hyatt clawed back my points! Over two weeks later. Yup. The points are gone and the receipt for that stay no longer shows any bonus.

You know what's worse than Hyatt clawing back my points? Doing it surreptitiously. Hyatt didn't have enough customer service savvy to send a Globalist an e'mail saying "our bad." When I logged on and saw the discrepancy, I spent an hour with a calculator and my e-mailed receipts trying to find those points before I went back far enough to catch what Hyatt had done.

I wish I had already used all my points, just to see how the Hyatt computer would react when it tried to give my account a negative balance. I'd protest to my concierge, but considering that she has never been helpful, that would probably be a waste of my time.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jn in ca

I'd protest to my concierge, but considering that she has never been helpful, that would probably be a waste of my time.
If the bar for a "helpful Concierge" is giving you points you don't deserve then most Concierges are going to fall short. You know perfectly well that consecutive nights at the same hotel are one stay, no matter how many check-outs and check-ins you do.

All you should do is make your displeasure known about the promo T&Cs and maybe cancel a stay or two in protest.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:49 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:27 am
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by jn in ca
Hi. Back in reply #57, I said that I had a stay going on when the promo started, I made a second consecutive stay at the hotel, which I assumed would count as one long stay, and I got bonus points for it despite the way I read the "second stay" language.

Well, guess what? Today Hyatt clawed back my points! Over two weeks later. Yup. The points are gone and the receipt for that stay no longer shows any bonus.

You know what's worse than Hyatt clawing back my points? Doing it surreptitiously. Hyatt didn't have enough customer service savvy to send a Globalist an e'mail saying "our bad." When I logged on and saw the discrepancy, I spent an hour with a calculator and my e-mailed receipts trying to find those points before I went back far enough to catch what Hyatt had done.
I just checked my account and unfortunately I also had bonus points retroactively deducted from my account (as a recap of my earlier post in this thread, I had two rooms booked both with check-in date on the promo start date with different stay durations, and the longer stay initially earned me the bonus on posting). Whether it's technically correct, to ninja back the points is really poor form from Hyatt, IMO.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Not sure who started this idea that companies shouldn’t be allowed to correct errors, but it strikes me as very odd. (I agree that an explanatory email should have gone out to those affected, along with an apology and perhaps 500 points.)
mster, craigthemif, JackE and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:18 pm

I checked into a Hyatt residence club stay with points on 2/25 and checked out on 3/1. However, I didn’t register until 3/5. Am I out of luck on this stay being my first stay?

Based on the TAC, seems like you must be registered for promotion prior to stay for it to count.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:20 pm

I'm attending a conference and they have a discounted rate available for a Hyatt House. Would that count as an eligible rate?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Not sure who started this idea that companies shouldn’t be allowed to correct errors, but it strikes me as very odd. (I agree that an explanatory email should have gone out to those affected, along with an apology and perhaps 500 points.)
The issue was with what you put in the parentheses, as clearly noted and specified in my post. I don't even expect compensation, but certainly some notice. It's never nice to suddenly be short on an award booking I thought I had enough points for, and have that be how I learned that Hyatt retroactively took back points out of my account.

Last edited by gengar; Mar 8, 2019 at 1:57 am
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aguyatdsa
I'm attending a conference and they have a discounted rate available for a Hyatt House. Would that count as an eligible rate?
Generally speaking, yes. As long as that rate is still booked directly through Hyatt, it will definitely count (similar to corporate/AAA rates).
If it goes through the conference's central booking system... YMMV.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Richard1148
Interesting. I didn't see that. It seems to contradict bullet point 6 which says:

6. What is considered an eligible night?
For the purpose of this promotion, an eligible night is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award.

Maybe the difference is that one is referring to eligible forms of payment and the other refers to eligible nights. The promo is based on eligible nights.
Yeah that is strange in the T&C. FWIW I've received promo points for point redemption and award certificate stays.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by gengar
The issue was with what you put in the parentheses, as clearly noted and specified in my post.
That's not true. Here's what you posted: "Whether it's technically correct, to ninja back the points is really poor form from Hyatt, IMO." You had an issue with BOTH deducting the points and, understandably, not getting notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.