Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt Points Purchase delay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Bonvoy Plat , HH Diamond, Hertz PC

I purchased earlier today some Hyatt points that I needed for an upcoming stay and I wanted to know your experience with the time it normally takes to see the points post into our account ?
Thanks !!
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by YUL1941
I purchased earlier today some Hyatt points that I needed for an upcoming stay and I wanted to know your experience with the time it normally takes to see the points post into our account ?
Thanks !!
I've purchased points at least 5 times and they have always posted almost immediately after the email confirmation was received. You may need to sign out and sign in again to see them.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine showed up instantaneously.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Bonvoy Plat , HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Thanks all for your replies.
Right after I log out / log in into my account, the points were there waiting for me !!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Yep, immediately. Is it still processed by points.com ?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
As a tangential question, how often does Hyatt have a discounted price on points?
My latest 'go to' HR is a cat 3 (12K pts) but their rooms are often >$500/night in spite of points availability.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
As a tangential question, how often does Hyatt have a discounted price on points?
My latest 'go to' HR is a cat 3 (12K pts) but their rooms are often >$500/night in spite of points availability.
I believe I've seen the 40% bonus sale at least once a year for the past 6-7 years, plus 30% bonus sales once or twice a year.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, my plan is to wait until the 40% bonus and then max out on pts for the year. I did this last year and I have not been disappointed. 1.7c per pt, and I've already made a 60k reservation (3 nights @ 20k) that would have cost me about $1950 after taxes.

I suppose that I am exposed to some devaluation risk but my points total is only around 250k so it's not so bad. As long as I'm under 500k pts I'll probably always max out a deal that lets my buy the pts at 1.7c.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.