Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalists should avoid Grand Hyatt Singapore (No restaurant breakfast offered)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalists should avoid Grand Hyatt Singapore (No restaurant breakfast offered)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I also have a hard time seeing GHNY offering free restaurant breakfast.

While GH Singapore would be a more attractive property to Globalists if they offered the choice of breakfast in lounge or restaurant, their adherence to the rules does not to me seem a fair basis for singling them out for criticism.
In many hundreds of nights at GHNY, I have only had breakfast comped in restaurant when Grand Club is closed (as it is, usually, January/February). All fine and consistent with T&C. No restaurant breakfasts at Melbourne, Athens, Istanbul, Muscat, Berlin (IIRC), Taipei.

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Jan 5, 2019 at 6:34 pm
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:48 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

An apology is in order, from you to the hotel.
TerryK, moondog, Maui4me1 and 5 others like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
If WOH decides to change policy to include breakfast for Globalists because of this, we may have to thank OP for this 🤣🤣🤣

I always had breakfast with GH BKK, although it has been a while since I last stayed there. Same for GH KUL.
i empathized with OP and I think GH SIN could have done something. Would it be wise to upset a globalist over breakfast? I think not.

Incidently, I stayed at JW Marriott Hanoi and while I am only entitled to breakfast in the lounge, I asked nicely if I could try in the main restaurant. I was very surprised the DM allowed it on my last nite.

just my 2 cents! Peace ✌️
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ws8n
If WOH decides to change policy to include breakfast for Globalists because of this, we may have to thank OP for this 🤣🤣🤣

I always had breakfast with GH BKK, although it has been a while since I last stayed there. Same for GH KUL.
i empathized with OP and I think GH SIN could have done something. Would it be wise to upset a globalist over breakfast? I think not.

just my 2 cents! Peace ✌️
Diamonds and Globalists have always known that typical GHs will not include a restaurant breakfast. No one should be upset because it's never been a benefit for us.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm surprised that none of the posts in this thread have proffered the idea of simply paying for breakfast.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by moondog
I'm surprised that none of the posts in this thread have proffered the idea of simply paying for breakfast.
Isn't that a violation of FT rules?
drewp123 and Dave510 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by Kacee
Marriott? Seriously? If a Marriott has a lounge, Platinum breakfast is in the lounge.
Yes Kaycee, every single Marriott without even one exception in Asia has given me the option or even allowed both. Im sure anyone here would agree that at-least in Asia, Marriott and Hilton rock for this. Hyatt is much better in the US, where the majority of my stays are. I agree that no hotel should be required to give both. If they have a lounge and I am not given breakfast downstairs I wouldn't complain.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by aero0729
Yes Kaycee, every single Marriott without even one exception in Asia has given me the option or even allowed both.
There are plenty that will not. Yes, in Asia.
drewp123 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ORD_UA1K
Not sure how my experience has been so off the norm, but I have never e-mailed in advance or even had to ask for breakfast at the main restaurant in Asia (Singapore was the first time). It was either offered proactively at check in (when handed the Club information sheet, been told "you can have breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant"), or even when not proactively offered, I have not been charged at the main restaurant. All the frenzied speculation about pet giraffes notwithstanding, I've never made a scene or demanded to be let in at the main restaurant -- just seated upon providing my room number at the restaurant maître d' desk. Not just for corporate rate bookings -- happened on WoH point redemption stays at 3 different Asia GH properties in the last few weeks. Looks like I should book a trip to Vegas given my luck?
Nobody would care if your experience, both positive and negative, is off the norm and you chose to start a Flyertalk thread about it. And nobody who is Globalist is particularly surprised that there are hotels that treat us very well.

The issue is your online bashing of the GH Singapore for doing nothing more than following the rules. (and your continued inability to accept that this isn't appropriate behaviour)
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:20 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
This has become too much of a discussion about the OP and not about the issue.
I'm closing it whilst tempers cool

Markie - Co-Mod, Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.