Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

EQNs for stays across Dec 31/Jan 1 (credits to the new year) - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2023, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
tl;dr
  • Hyatt credits the entire stay based on the checkout date. A stay checking in 29 Dec 2023 and checking out 02 Jan 2024 will credit 4 nights to 2024
  • You cannot work around this by making consecutive reservations checking out 31 Dec 2023 and checking back in on 01 Jan 2024; the two stays will be merged and the combined total will post to 2024
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My guess is that Hyatt will be tough on this because they want to get rid of the feature (and are in the process of doing so, but have chosen to give us lots of advance notice) that Globs only need 55 rather than 60 nights to requalify.

Apparently they let in too many 20-nighters!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JackE
Apparently they let in too many 20-nighters!

There are more people MS'ing their way to Globalist than there are 20 nighters.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:38 pm

If your multi-night stay overlaps the New Year, all those nights are credited for 2019? For example, you have a week long stay beginning on Dec 28 to Jan 4, 7 nights total. How many of those go towards 2018 and how many towards 2019?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by caburrito
If your multi-night stay overlaps the New Year, all those nights are credited for 2019? For example, you have a week long stay beginning on Dec 28 to Jan 4, 7 nights total. How many of those go towards 2018 and how many towards 2019?
They would all go towards 2019.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
They would all go towards 2019.
Hah, amazing. So really you could be a Globalist on Jan 1 if you somehow had a 60 night stay that started in 2018 and ended on Jan 1.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by caburrito
Hah, amazing. So really you could be a Globalist on Jan 1 if you somehow had a 60 night stay that started in 2018 and ended on Jan 1.
*Technically* yes, but I think there's language somewhere about stays of 30 days or longer being "long term stays" and not counting towards status.

But absolutely, you could certainly be 29 days into globalist on 1/1. Chicagoland frequently has really cheap rates between Xmas & New Years, so I've used the Prestige 4th night, and paid <$200 out of pocket to start the year with 4 night credits a couple of times
caburrito likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by invalyd

There are more people MS'ing their way to Globalist than there are 20 nighters.
LOL! I swore off Hyatt except for burning points after the program change - in fact I spent 2018 burning all of my loyalty program points. I've now got just a bit of points in each program so I'm now looking at my options for 2019. I haven't MS'd for a few years but Hyatt has made it stupid easy to get Glob with the new credit card. Thanks Hyatt!

I'll see y'all in the lounge.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jameswes
*Technically* yes, but I think there's language somewhere about stays of 30 days or longer being "long term stays" and not counting towards status.
Is this still true? I thought they got rid of this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Is this still true? I thought they got rid of this.
Looks like you're right, I can't find it any more.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jameswes

But absolutely, you could certainly be 29 days into globalist on 1/1. Chicagoland frequently has really cheap rates between Xmas & New Years, so I've used the Prestige 4th night, and paid <$200 out of pocket to start the year with 4 night credits a couple of times
I don't think this is right and it would seem to contradict the purpose of the HH brand.

Starwood had a 90 day rule which applied retroactively, so on about day 90 you would lose points and nights credit for the previous 90 days, but MR did not, presumably again due to their RI etc. extended stay brands. I've been told that in the distant past, more than a decade ago, the SPG rule was 30 days.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't think this is right and it would seem to contradict the purpose of the HH brand.
It seems to be gone now, as per a comment above, but Hyatt definitely had such a rule for a while after it went into the long-term stay business (Summerfields, etc.).
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by joe_miami
It seems to be gone now, as per a comment above, but Hyatt definitely had such a rule for a while after it went into the long-term stay business (Summerfields, etc.).
I'm pretty sure that there was no such rule during the last full year of HGP, the calendar year before WOH started in March.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 6:01 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM

If I arrive on Dec 31, 2021 and depart on Jan 1, 2022, which year does the qualifying night count toward?
Old Sep 17, 2021, 6:13 pm

Count towards 2022 (sorry I put 2021 at first thinking that it's the "next year")

Last edited by AndyKehn; Sep 17, 2021 at 10:31 pm
Old Sep 17, 2021, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
I believe it counts to 2022. Fairly sure I’m right and person above me is wrong but 🤷🏼‍♂️

I definitely know if you stay Dec 31-Jan 2 it’ll all count for 2022.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.