FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EQNs for stays across Dec 31/Jan 1 (credits to the new year) - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:49 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jameswes
*Technically* yes, but I think there's language somewhere about stays of 30 days or longer being "long term stays" and not counting towards status.

But absolutely, you could certainly be 29 days into globalist on 1/1. Chicagoland frequently has really cheap rates between Xmas & New Years, so I've used the Prestige 4th night, and paid <$200 out of pocket to start the year with 4 night credits a couple of times
I don't think this is right and it would seem to contradict the purpose of the HH brand.

Starwood had a 90 day rule which applied retroactively, so on about day 90 you would lose points and nights credit for the previous 90 days, but MR did not, presumably again due to their RI etc. extended stay brands. I've been told that in the distant past, more than a decade ago, the SPG rule was 30 days.