Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Niseko Opening December 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt House Niseko Opening December 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Leaving Hyatt September 1st

Please be advised that Hyatt’s affiliation with the Hyatt House Niseko will cease on August 31, 2020 as of 11:59pm local hotel time. The hotel will no longer be Hyatt-branded or a Hyatt-affiliated property. The operator will honor existing reservations for dates on or after September 1, 2020. Due to this change, World of Hyatt members will not be eligible to receive World of Hyatt program benefits, including World of Hyatt points and World of Hyatt free nights redemption for stays after August 31, 2020 and beyond. Redemption of World of Hyatt free nights requested and confirmed with stay prior to August 31, 2020 will be honored as booked.”

... this affiliation didn’t last long.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bummer. Was looking to go to Niseko next season to stay with both Hyatts.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by shonanroger
Please be advised that Hyatt’s affiliation with the Hyatt House Niseko will cease on August 31, 2020 as of 11:59pm local hotel time. The hotel will no longer be Hyatt-branded or a Hyatt-affiliated property. The operator will honor existing reservations for dates on or after September 1, 2020. Due to this change, World of Hyatt members will not be eligible to receive World of Hyatt program benefits, including World of Hyatt points and World of Hyatt free nights redemption for stays after August 31, 2020 and beyond. Redemption of World of Hyatt free nights requested and confirmed with stay prior to August 31, 2020 will be honored as booked.”

This is expected, a Cat7 Hyatt House is unheard of. It's a shame because this property would have been a very fine Destination Residence.

Originally Posted by TerryK
Bummer. Was looking to go to Niseko next season to stay with both Hyatts.
Hyatt still has another property in partnership with SLH in Niseko Village: Kasara Townhouse
Old Jul 10, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Bummer, but with Park Hyatt open, I'd much rather stay there with points/prices being similar. Hyatt House did have a good location though with nice waking distance to restaurants in town. Park Hyatt is a bit more isolated like the Hilton is.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
Hyatt still has another property in partnership with SLH in Niseko Village: Kasara Townhouse
I wouldn’t bet on this one. Quite small with only eight 3-bedroom-units and hardly any availability pre-COVID-19. Currently no availability at all for any future date on direct booking site kasara.com.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 2:38 am

Things are really, really bad in Niseko with foreigners eating at food banks and stuff.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 4:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Things are really, really bad in Niseko with foreigners eating at food banks and stuff.
Curious what you mean by this? Am heading up here for a 3 night stay in a week for the Hokkaido summer. As a relatively new Hyatt member (Explorist through corporate match) do you know if they upgrade here? All the rooms are suites and I know Hyatt has no upgrade policy for HH but it seems like the property has all kinds of availability. Our kitchen studio had a dirt cheap rate but some of the 1-2 bedroom suites would be nice.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by porphyra
Curious what you mean by this? Am heading up here for a 3 night stay in a week for the Hokkaido summer. As a relatively new Hyatt member (Explorist through corporate match) do you know if they upgrade here? All the rooms are suites and I know Hyatt has no upgrade policy for HH but it seems like the property has all kinds of availability. Our kitchen studio had a dirt cheap rate but some of the 1-2 bedroom suites would be nice.
Stayed here two weeks ago as a Discoverist. Upgraded from basic room to 1 Bedroom Suite. Couldn’t detect any foreigners in food banks during the 4 days in Niseko.
porphyra likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 7:11 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
This one's officially rebranding to a Chatrium, a Thai brand part of a company with ten hotels, on September 1st.

khabah
Old Jul 20, 2020, 6:08 pm

Stayed here two weeks ago as a Discoverist. Upgraded from basic room to 1 Bedroom Suite. Couldn’t detect any foreigners in food banks during the 4 days in Niseko.
I have a house up there although at the moment I am not able to travel to Hokkaido from elsewhere in Japan because of company policy. That being said on the local Facebook groups there seem to be a number of foreigners stranded with limited work options because of visa expiration or having been on tourist visas in the first place. They have run out of money and are eating at essentially soup kitchens because they are out of money. I am sure if you didn't go driving around Kutchan looking for people having a hard time you're not going to find them. That being said, I am glad that you can travel in the lap of luxury in the middle of a pandemic.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
That being said, I am glad that you can travel in the lap of luxury in the middle of a pandemic.
Don't blame him. From tomorrow, Japan government is incentivizing us to do just that.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Don't blame him. From tomorrow, Japan government is incentivizing us to do just that.
Unless you happen to live in Tokyo or plan to visit Tokyo from elsewhere! But then again, wouldn't the travel benefit the people employed in the sector if the people are indeed struggling?
Old Jul 20, 2020, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I know they will. I live in a tourist hotspot full of new cases. I'm really looking forward to more cases! Thanks guys.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by porphyra
Unless you happen to live in Tokyo or plan to visit Tokyo from elsewhere! But then again, wouldn't the travel benefit the people employed in the sector if the people are indeed struggling?
Travel would benefit people if it didn't inevitably cause more cases, but it will. I saw several governors were being asked to be excluded from the travel campaign, so we'll see if that happens or not. I guess the good thing is that nearly everyone wears masks here, so that is a plus.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 11:15 pm

I have a house up there although at the moment I am not able to travel to Hokkaido from elsewhere in Japan because of company policy. That being said on the local Facebook groups there seem to be a number of foreigners stranded with limited work options because of visa expiration or having been on tourist visas in the first place. They have run out of money and are eating at essentially soup kitchens because they are out of money. I am sure if you didn't go driving around Kutchan looking for people having a hard time you're not going to find them. That being said, I am glad that you can travel in the lap of luxury in the middle of a pandemic.
Thanks a lot for the thumbs up. Next time I’ll drive more around and try looking harder.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.