Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA and Hyatt Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
AA and Hyatt Promotion

Bonus 1000 AA mikes for every HP and HH stay from Oct 15 to Jan 31. Almost seems too good to be true. 3.5 months can rack up 10 Hyatt stays easily. Maybe huge decrease in HP and HH stays by elites.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...nes-miles.html

Funny I wasn’t asked when I checked in today. Wonder how this will work....
tkelsay likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
My experience in the past with a similar promotion has been that the default was points and AA Miles.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Checked out of a HP on the 15th and scrambled to sign up to promo. (no thanks to Hyatt - no email)

1,000 miles showing in my WoH account.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
This is like the promo earlier this year, right?

I don't think there is much of a way I will have a single stay this fall at a HP/HH, but I registered just in case.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Checked out of a HP on the 15th and scrambled to sign up to promo. (no thanks to Hyatt - no email)
I received an email notice from Hyatt yesterday.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC

Yup, same here. 1000 pts showing up for stays starting the 15th.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Yup, same here. 1000 pts showing up for stays starting the 15th.

I received no email and did not see this thread until the day after I checked out of a night Oct 21st-22nd.

I registered anyway as I have two HP stays coming up in November. Yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised to see the 1K AA had credited.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:13 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
The last time they had this promotion Hyatt sent my points to a completely different person's AAdvantage account. They acknowledged it was an internal error, but it took me months of calling in to get it fixed. I had ~20 HP stays and didn't realize it until the 10th. Still missing AA points for one stay (even though my WOH account shows them being credited) but didn't want to bother with customer service any longer.

It's a great deal when it works... makes up for lack of welcome amenity these days.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy, Choice Hotels, Hilton
Perfect timing! I’m moving cross country very soon. Every place I intend to stay has a HP.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Hilarious, I just got the email today. Can someone explain why Hyatt likes to send me info on promos that started 2-3 weeks earlier?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hilarious, I just got the email today. Can someone explain why Hyatt likes to send me info on promos that started 2-3 weeks earlier?
Plus... Hyatt promos come with little to no advance warning. So they don't actually influence behaviour for the first few weeks. I don't mind Hyatt randomly giving out miles or points, but any proper marketing analysis would show this to be a complete waste.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
If I read the T&Cs correctly, award stays and points and cash stays should qualify for the bonus as well.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

In case there are a few stragglers who haven't signed up, looks like the bonus is better than advertised. You get 1000 AA miles PLUS 1000 WOH points per each HP/HH stay. I've already maxed out but a nice promo.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
In case there are a few stragglers who haven't signed up, looks like the bonus is better than advertised. You get 1000 AA miles PLUS 1000 WOH points per each HP/HH stay. I've already maxed out but a nice promo.
I have had just the two stays and have only been credited the Globalist 6.5 points per $ and 1000 AA miles.

For me, in the summary the point total is combined:

But when I drill down they show separately:

My point balance has increased by 6,749 with this stay (1749 for the actual stay and 5K being the 10th night of the current 60K promotion).

Last edited by serfty; Nov 15, 2018 at 3:18 pm
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I think you may be mistaken? Though the history shows 1000 points for the AA miles, they probably didn't actually increase your WoH points in the bank count.

I had a pts stay recently at a HP, and it shows 1000 pts earned for the stay in the summary box , but my number of points in my account didn't go up one bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.