Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

"Long Term Stay" rate - eligible nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:37 am
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:42 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by mster
I recently booked a Hyatt "Long Term Stay" rate.

The rate rules on Hyatt.com are "LONG STAY RATE Minimum length of 10 nights/Party is eligible for World of Hyatt points/Maximum occ. is 3.". The slightly longer rate rules from the email confirmation are "Minimum length of 10 nights/Party is eligible for World of Hyatt points/Maximum occ. is 3 Rate is eligible to earn points and tier credit.".

I've heard that some long term stay rates aren't "eligible" nights, but these rules (especially the longer rules from the email confirmation) seem very clear that stays booked using this rate will be "eligible" stays. Is there any reason to believe that nights stayed on this rate would not be "eligible" nights?

If it matters total length of stay is ~50-60 nights across two reservations.
If your e-mail confirmation shows "Rate is eligible to earn points and tier credit", then you are fine, as long as you are paying for all of the nights. There are offers out there, such as "4th night free"... in this case you will only receive 3 night credits but points for all nights (e.g. if you have a room charge on the "free" night)
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
If your e-mail confirmation shows "Rate is eligible to earn points and tier credit", then you are fine, as long as you are paying for all of the nights. There are offers out there, such as "4th night free"... in this case you will only receive 3 night credits but points for all nights (e.g. if you have a room charge on the "free" night)
I thought that "4th night free" issue went away now that award nights are qualifying?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:58 pm

Could be a problem if the stay is 30 nights or more. You could be considered a resident and not get any points, might want to check.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:46 am
Original Poster

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:37 am
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:18 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I thought that "4th night free" issue went away now that award nights are qualifying?
award nights are eligible, but if it is part of the pricing, then not. This was confirmed to my by my concierge.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
award nights are eligible, but if it is part of the pricing, then not. This was confirmed to my by my concierge.
Good to know, because these rates are often shown as an attractive, lower, nightly rate until you get to the confirmation page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.