FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Eliza Jane (Unbound Collection, New Orleans) - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1929380-eliza-jane-unbound-collection-new-orleans-master-thread.html)

platbrownguy Feb 16, 2022 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by yeahman (Post 33997987)
The comments here were ambiguous. Is valet parking comped for Globalist award stays?

Yes. It always is, at every property that has valet parking. I don't think I've seen a single report of a property that is exempt or has maliciously failed to honor this benefit. Valet is always billed through the hotel and thus comped on Glob award nights. The only trouble I've seen from anyone at any properties is when they self-park in garages that don't bill through the hotel. Not a problem with valet.

brp Feb 16, 2022 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by yeahman (Post 33997987)
The comments here were ambiguous. Is valet parking comped for Globalist award stays?

ambiguously yes. 😊

cheerrs.

yeahman Feb 21, 2022 3:59 am

Stayed over the weekend as a Globalist. Didn't bother with breakfast so can't speak to it. No upgrade. Most importantly, no parking at all due to street closures because of Mardi Gras parades. Had to do street parking 6 blocks away. If I had to do it over, I'd stay somewhere further north with parking or not drive.

buzglyd Mar 7, 2022 7:08 am

Just finished up a stay. Arrived around 3 PM on a Sunday afternoon. Booked with a Cat 1-4 cert. No upgrade in the app and the front desk apologized for no availability. There were some large wedding parties over the weekend and they hadn’t vacated the suites yet. No big deal. I’m just here for one night. Got a nice room on the 5th floor. Surprisingly large for a boutique hotel.

I walked across the street and had dinner at the Chophouse which was excellent. The Lobby bar is open but the on-site restaurant isn’t yet. Breakfast was a voucher to go to Commerce around the corner. Decent breakfast. I left a tip in cash as they don’t ring you up. Valet parking was free.

A nice, short stay overall and a great use of a Cat 1-4. I checked my 12th brand on Brand Explorer.

brp Mar 7, 2022 7:54 am

Originally Posted by buzglyd (Post 34054620)
Just finished up a stay. Arrived around 3 PM on a Sunday afternoon. Booked with a Cat 1-4 cert. No upgrade in the app and the front desk apologized for no availability. There were some large wedding parties over the weekend and they hadn’t vacated the suites yet. No big deal. I’m just here for one night. Got a nice room on the 5th floor. Surprisingly large for a boutique hotel.

I walked across the street and had dinner at the Chophouse which was excellent. The Lobby bar is open but the on-site restaurant isn’t yet. Breakfast was a voucher to go to Commerce around the corner. Decent breakfast. I left a tip in cash as they don’t ring you up. Valet parking was free.

A nice, short stay overall and a great use of a Cat 1-4. I checked my 12th brand on Brand Explorer.

Very surprised about the restaurant. We were there in October and it had opened..and just re-closed. Indications were that it was going to open again "shortly." We enjoyed Commerce as they had some very local specials that we enjoyed quite a bit. Downside was that they were closed Sunday and Eliza Jane provided no options at all for Sunday breakfast.

Our next stay is at the end of October. This time we're splitting the 4-day trip between 2 nights at Eliza Jane and 2 at a friend's house. EJ is Thursday-Friday nights, so breakfast will work in any case :)

The bar space is quite nice.

Cheers.

gbdbld Mar 7, 2022 9:17 am

The website shows "Couvant Breakfast Buffet Friday-Sunday 7a-11a" and on tripadvisor there are views in Feb 2022 that talked about the breakfast buffet. Maybe it was just closed temporarily for days when you were there?

gbdbld Mar 7, 2022 9:34 am

On the hotel restaurant facebook page it says it will re-open on March 17.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5c3c4d3e19.png

fti Mar 7, 2022 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by gbdbld (Post 34054978)
The website shows "Couvant Breakfast Buffet Friday-Sunday 7a-11a" and on tripadvisor there are views in Feb 2022 that talked about the breakfast buffet. Maybe it was just closed temporarily for days when you were there?

I was staying at the hotel Feb 26-28 (2 nights). Couvant was open for breakfast and it was comped for Globalists. Not a buffet but from a menu.

cfabar1 Mar 7, 2022 7:43 pm

I believe breakfast is now Wednesday through Sunday and that you get vouchers other days of the week.

it is a menu and not a buffet.

HPN-HRL Mar 7, 2022 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by buzglyd (Post 34054620)

We really enjoyed Chophouse when we stayed at EJ back in August.

FoCo Finch Mar 8, 2022 11:54 am

Have upcoming stay and Couvant confirmed breakfast served Weds-Sun; Dinner service slated to reopen March 17th.

Any idea if Globalist breakfast vouchers are still for Commerce (per post #29 above)?

dave_261 Mar 8, 2022 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by FoCo Finch (Post 34058577)
Have upcoming stay and Couvant confirmed breakfast served Weds-Sun; Dinner service slated to reopen March 17th.

Any idea if Globalist breakfast vouchers are still for Commerce (per post #29 above)?

Would expect them to do something, either restaurant voucher or Couvant. I'm spending a Sunday night there in a month so would be looking for Monday breakfast option.

cfabar1 Mar 9, 2022 8:01 am

Yes, you can use them for Commerce or a pastry shop on the days Couvant is closed. Be sure to bring cash for the tip as they do not give you a receipt or anything at Commerce.

Couvant Globalist breakfast is a $25 credit per person, which seems to cover most an entree, drink, and tip easily.

FoCo Finch Mar 9, 2022 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1 (Post 34060855)
Yes, you can use them for Commerce or a pastry shop on the days Couvant is closed. Be sure to bring cash for the tip as they do not give you a receipt or anything at Commerce.

Couvant Globalist breakfast is a $25 credit per person, which seems to cover most an entree, drink, and tip easily.

Thanks! That's helpful to know that Globalist breakfast is a specific credit, rather than entirely comped as it is in some other locations.

cfabar1 Mar 10, 2022 8:34 pm

Well… this is interesting…. I am not entirely sure what the specific credit is, but it is definitely not comped!

The restaurant told us on both Wednesday and Thursday that both of us would get $25 credit per person towards the breakfast as a credit.

But…..

Just left the hotel and when given the bill, it did NOT add up to the $25 per person credit ($50 total) for my room. For both days that we used breakfast, the receipt added up to different, odd, amounts. (Think our $50 receipt showing $13.56 credit for example), A fellow at the front desk assured me he would fix the issue and send a revised receipt, but that has not yet happened. That this amount was the correct amount ($25 pp) was confirmed each day to us by the Couvant staff.

I plan on calling the Globalist line and asking them to reach out to the property about this issue unless I get material soon. This was really really unfortunate, and I am disappointed the issue was not resolved immediately. I could have pressed the issue more, but I had to get heading out and didn’t have the time to insist on an immediate resolution.

The hotel was spectacular… such a refined and remarkable place to visit. Great location, the Editor’s suite is absolutely amazing and worth it! Great location, easy to get everywhere. Probably our favorite hotel stay so far. Very sad that this hiccup was a part of the end process. It felt very dishonest, and I hope it is resolved soon. It wasn’t a huge amount of money, but it definitely left a bad feeling.