Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by awu25
One of my tour guides had mentioned this. He said it's a cool experience for tourists but then proceeded to explain how everyone stays in doors and everything will be closed. Hotel staff have to stay at the hotel for the whole day but are given hotel rooms and then another two days off after the holiday. Actually sounds very inconvenient as a tourist and I'm not surprised they're telling you to rebook. You'll probably have to be confined to the hotel grounds for the day and enjoy the pool/gym/spa/restaurants.
I am booked here for 15 nights in a regency suite 😏 Ill be ok with a pool and beach day.

I will be arriving to the hotel later today, does anybody know which the better ocean view regency suites?

- somewhere over Russia on Cathays A350-9 business class! Love it !!

edit .. beaches are off limits on Nyepi.. ugh!
sambo150 likes this.

Last edited by Mauibaby2008; Mar 5, 2019 at 10:17 am
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Enjoy your stay and at least on the public holiday it should be nice and quiet as no works on Andaz should be permitted.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
So is the consensus this property is worth it for 7k a night if it gives you club access as well? I'm looking to do my final night in Bali here in April since I just have enough points left over for this and then I would be flying out the next day.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
So is the consensus this property is worth it for 7k a night if it gives you club access as well? I'm looking to do my final night in Bali here in April since I just have enough points left over for this and then I would be flying out the next day.
Better off using the extra 1,000 to make it 8,000 in a regency suite which also comes with club access
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by sambo150

Better off using the extra 1,000 to make it 8,000 in a regency suite which also comes with club access
Only if you book before the points increase on March 18th.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:41 pm

I do not see any 8k option.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:57 pm

I do not see any 8k option.
if the paid rate has a regency suite available, you can (theoretically) call or twitter to make a reservation for 8k.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by myperks

if the paid rate has a regency suite available, you can (theoretically) call or twitter to make a reservation for 8k.
Hmm interesting. I dunno if I can find another 1k points to use though before the price increase. Have like 7.2k. There are a number of variations of rooms and suites before getting to regency suite though so 8k seems like an insanely good deal.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:22 pm

Hmm interesting. I dunno if I can find another 1k points to use though before the price increase. Have like 7.2k. There are a number of variations of rooms and suites before getting to regency suite though so 8k seems like an insanely good deal.
buy 1,000 with points.com well worth the $24 or whatever it is for a $1000+ Night room, then ring to make your booking
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something

buy 1,000 with points.com well worth the $24 or whatever it is for a $1000+ Night room, then ring to make your booking
No one in their right mind would pay $1000 a night for the standard suite at the HR Bali.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The best flex rate most days is 476$ plus 21% for a Regency Suite outside of special periods. A good deal for sure, but not as good as the 1000$ indicated.

If I had 7k points and don't want to spend time calling and reserving and all that (not every CSR gets what you want) then just go with a Regency room for 7k and book before 18 Mar rate increase. Still nice and for one night perfectly fine. YMMV.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by demue
The best flex rate most days is 476$ plus 21% for a Regency Suite outside of special periods. A good deal for sure, but not as good as the 1000$ indicated.

If I had 7k points and don't want to spend time calling and reserving and all that (not every CSR gets what you want) then just go with a Regency room for 7k and book before 18 Mar rate increase. Still nice and for one night perfectly fine. YMMV.
Not everyone is American , Australian is $1000 a night with tax, Agree you wouldnt pay it thats what makes buying hyatt points for 40% bonus a good deal when it was category 1, Even cat 2 its still a good deal, it doesnt take long on the phone less than 5 minutes for my bookings,

On another subject
https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/02/13/...-regency-bali/

Last edited by sambo150; Mar 9, 2019 at 10:27 pm
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:12 am

Even with tax that still converts to around 800 AUD I think, but not important anyways.

The noise is one thing others on this thread reported too so waiting for more updates in the next few weeks. Definitely an issue if too excessive. Oddly, on TripAdvisor no one mentions much about it. Can't all be bought reviews.
sambo150 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by demue
Even with tax that still converts to around 800 AUD I think, but not important anyways.

The noise is one thing others on this thread reported too so waiting for more updates in the next few weeks. Definitely an issue if too excessive. Oddly, on TripAdvisor no one mentions much about it. Can't all be bought reviews.
Yea I am really eager to hear updates about HR's status. I was going to make this redemption but if its going to be constant loud construction next door next month maybe I will pass.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: Free agent flyer, Hyatt Globalist
I haven't noticed any noise from the Andaz construction lately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.