Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist benefits on top of Prive

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist benefits on top of Prive

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
What? Why? That doesn't make sense. Why should I pay an extra $1500 or so per year in resort fees, and give up all my suite upgrades (both at check-in and confirmed through upgrade awards), and all my breakfasts when I'm not on a Prive rate, and the lounge access?

Prive rate gets you a room-to-room upgrade (generally worthless; usually same room on a higher floor) and a restaurant breakfast, and a hotel credit. I won't pay for it if the credit does not offset the rate difference.

Prive does not get you waived resort fees (say, $1500/year), free breakfasts on your other stays, lounge access (often including free drinks), suite upgrades at check-in, confirmed suite upgrades for 4 stays per year, a free cat 1-4 night, a free cat 1-7 night, or a 30% bonus to points earned.

Globalist status is worth about $3k per year to me. Why would I give that up again?
Are you sure resort fees are not waived for Globs staying on a Prive rate? The T&C say they are waived for Globalists when paying an Eligible Rate. Prive is an eligible rate.

In any case, the post you quoted said less reason, not no reason. There are a lot of reasons for a lot of people why it does make sense not to go too far out of their way to pursue Glob, especially with the availability of Prive, Virtuoso, etc.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Are you sure resort fees are not waived for Globs staying on a Prive rate? The T&C say they are waived for Globalists when paying an Eligible Rate. Prive is an eligible rate.
Of course they are. I didn't say that they weren't.

The post was suggesting giving up globalist and just paying the Prive rate because you "get the benefits" anyway. And my point is that that's ridiculous. The only "globalist benefit" that a non-globalist gets on a Prive rate is breakfast. Globalist has so much more value than just breakfast.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
[QUOTE=VegasGambler;30864937]Prive does not get you waived resort fees (say, $1500/year)/QUOTE]
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
(quoting me) Prive does not get you waived resort fees (say, $1500/year)
Yes, exactly. The prive rate does not get you the waived resort fee. Being globalist does. A non-globalist would have to pay the resort fee, even on a prive rate.

The assertion was that if you are paying the prive rate, you are "getting the benefits" of globalist anyway, so there is no point in getting the status. And my point was that that is simply not true -- being globalist can easily save you $3000/year, even if you often pay the Prive rate.

Last edited by VegasGambler; Mar 9, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:10 pm

Slowly trying to figure out this Privé thing... If I want to stay at a Hyatt Unbound property this summer, how do I find out if the property is Privé compatible? And I need to book it via a luxury travel agent like Virtuoso - any luxury site or can only certain ones access certain properties for the Privé program?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
[left]Slowly trying to figure out this Privé thing... If I want to stay at a Hyatt Unbound property this summer, how do I find out if the property is Privé compatible? /left]
Go to the website of a travel agent that does Privé bookings and see if it's on the list. There are many of them. A google search for "Hyatt Prive travel agent" will find you one quite easily.

And I need to book it via a luxury travel agent like Virtuoso - any luxury site or can only certain ones access certain properties for the Privé program?[
I think any agent who is in the program can access any property in the program.

FWIW the unbound properties that currently take part are:

Carmelo Resort & Spa
Hôtel du Louvre
Hotel Martinez
Jinmao Hotel Lijiang
Royal Palms Resort and Spa
The Bellevue Hotel
The Confidante Miami Beach
The Driskill
The Eliza Jane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.