FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Globalist benefits on top of Prive (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1921375-globalist-benefits-top-prive.html)

longmanzz Jul 23, 2018 1:36 pm

Globalist benefits on top of Prive

hi, booking Prive will get me the full breakfast. I wonder if that replaces the globalist benefit or is additional.
E.g., can I order room service in Andaz 5th and then go on to breakfast

antonius66 Jul 23, 2018 2:36 pm

Well if you had club access at a property, you should be able to go in club at your choosing plus have full breakfast. In a non club, I would presume most places would say it replaced the benefit. Although, I could say an argument for both could be made unless the terms forbid.

caliform Jul 23, 2018 4:37 pm

According to PR materials “benefits combine with WoH status - where there is overlap the better benefit applied”. (Paraphrasing)

You won’t get two breakfasts (that’s just silly) but you’ll get the better one. I’d wager the Privé breakfast is usually better than the Glob free one anyway, which has been reigned in significantly, even at some of the best properties.

Cityguy1 Jul 24, 2018 2:11 am

Originally Posted by longmanzz (Post 30004961)
hi, booking Prive will get me the full breakfast. I wonder if that replaces the globalist benefit or is additional.

As a Hyatt Prive travel agent, I can confirm that you'll get the better of the Prive breakfast or the Globalist breakfast. The Prive breakfast is typically better, since as mentioned, if the hotel has a Club Lounge and you book a Prive rate, you won't be obliged to enjoy the breakfast in the Club Lounge, but rather you can enjoy a full breakfast in the main restaurant. The Prive breakfast does not include room service unless the hotel exceptionally permits this.

Feel free to PM me for more information. I have a great relationship with Andaz 5th Avenue and have been very successful with upgrades there!

Thanks.

KristenNix Jul 24, 2018 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Cityguy1 (Post 30006921)
I have a great relationship with Andaz 5th Avenue and have been very successful with upgrades there!

+1. Andaz 5th Avenue is very supportive of the Privé program and is always a pleasure to work with :)

Central90210 Jul 24, 2018 8:12 am

I have a similar question regarding Hyatt Prive - for 4th night free bookings, do I get night credits for the 4th/ free night? My hotel says no..

Cityguy1 Jul 24, 2018 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Central90210 (Post 30007667)
I have a similar question regarding Hyatt Prive - for 4th night free bookings, do I get night credits for the 4th/ free night? My hotel says no..

Correct - you only earn night credit on paid nights, so any "free" nights part of a 3rd/4th/5th night free would not earn any night credit. The only "free" nights that earn night credit are points nights. Hope that helps!

jameswes Jul 24, 2018 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Central90210 (Post 30007667)

Regardless of Prive vs special rates, if HYATT is providing the free night, then you do not get night credit.

If you are using Citi Prestige to get the 4th night free, then Hyatt gets paid and you get night/stay credit.

Kacee Jul 24, 2018 8:44 am

Originally Posted by longmanzz (Post 30004961)

Demand your two breakfasts!!!

jja34-1 Jul 24, 2018 9:20 am

Originally Posted by KristenNix (Post 30007486)
+1. Andaz 5th Avenue is very supportive of the Privé program and is always a pleasure to work with :)

My experience was exactly the opposite. Not only were they not supportive of Prive benefits, but staff including management, were unhelpful and basically tried to accuse my Prive agent as having misrepresented the program. I've had several Prive stays and my stay at Andaz 5th Avenue, which was for a special occasion, was the worst.

Kacee Jul 24, 2018 9:27 am

Originally Posted by jja34-1 (Post 30007935)
My experience was exactly the opposite. Not only were they not supportive of Prive benefits, but staff including management, were unhelpful and basically tried to accuse my Prive agent as having misrepresented the program. I've had several Prive stays and my stay at Andaz 5th Avenue, which was for a special occasion, was the worst.

There's an awful lot of aggressive pitching of Prive booking services in this forum lately, which seems to me a violation of FT rules. Caveat Emptor.

jja34-1 Jul 24, 2018 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30007956)
There's an awful lot of aggressive pitching of Prive booking services in this forum lately, which seems to me a violation of FT rules. Caveat Emptor.

I agree with you generally but that was not the root of my issues. My travel agent is not on FT (that I know of) and has always been reliable. In this case it was definitely the hotel dropping the ball. Every other Hyatt I've stayed at on a Prive rate has been much better.

Markie Jul 24, 2018 11:20 am

No More Commercial Posts please.
This is against the rules of the board

Markie - Co-Mod, Hyatt

MSPeconomist Jul 25, 2018 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Cityguy1 (Post 30007700)
Correct - you only earn night credit on paid nights, so any "free" nights part of a 3rd/4th/5th night free would not earn any night credit. The only "free" nights that earn night credit are points nights. Hope that helps!

My Hyatt Concierge says otherwise.

josephstern Jul 25, 2018 2:20 pm

For sure, the credit card and qualification level free nights DO count now.