Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Can suite upgrade certs be apply to Hyatt House?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver

I have an HH paid stay booked for a King room. Has anyone successfully used a suite upgrade cert at HH?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:26 pm

No. Pretty sure terms say no hp hh.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've had free elite upgrades, even to a two bedroom suite from a base room, at HH properties as a Diamond/Glob.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
You won't get a Confirmed Upgrade Award to work, but try asking for an upgrade at the front desk. Often I'll ask and they'll say "it's $40 extra for a one bedroom" or something similar, and if I respond that I'm a globalist, they end up giving it for free. YMMV.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
You won't get a Confirmed Upgrade Award to work, but try asking for an upgrade at the front desk. Often I'll ask and they'll say "it's $40 extra for a one bedroom" or something similar, and if I respond that I'm a globalist, they end up giving it for free. YMMV.
I concur. If there are rooms available, I've generally been upgraded from the base room to a 1 bedroom.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:51 pm

Terms definitely do not say no. My concierge says yes. I had them deducted and not upgraded at HH. So, I don't think it works.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:12 pm

Well, I still don't know if it works. But I did talk to a concierge at length.

She explained that Hyatt Houses technically don't have upgrades. So they should call them and let them know they are applying it and have them block the suite. If you book on points, it will not change on your side.
Whether or not the front desk sees that you are supposed to get a suite depends on which system they check. Apparently there are 2 systems, that in this case will not be the same. One is a reservation that WOH can adjust and the other is the one they use. They are supposed to look at "Reserve" instead.
There is a code WOH uses but the hotel people won't understand, because they don't use such codes.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:24 pm

TSUs definitely work on Hyatt House stays. Currently staying at a HH and had no issues - applied TSU was reflected on the reservation properly at check-in.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by mster
TSUs definitely work on Hyatt House stays. Currently staying at a HH and had no issues - applied TSU was reflected on the reservation properly at check-in.
Just tried, Hyatt CS said their system won't allow it.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:23 pm

Do you mind stating which HH? As a datapoint.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Just tried, Hyatt CS said their system won't allow it.
How long is the stay? A TSU is good for up to seven nights, on the same reservation. They can't be used on longer reservations unless you split the bookings and apply TSUs to the different pieces.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How long is the stay? A TSU is good for up to seven nights, on the same reservation. They can't be used on longer reservations unless you split the bookings and apply TSUs to the different pieces.
8 nights. I'll try getting it split and check back
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Whenever they changed the official name from "Tier Suite Upgrade" to "Room Upgrade Award" in the T&Cs, the limitation on Hyatt House went away. Now it just says no Ziva/Zilara.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Whenever they changed the official name from "Tier Suite Upgrade" to "Room Upgrade Award" in the T&Cs, the limitation on Hyatt House went away. Now it just says no Ziva/Zilara.
It makes sense for new HP and HH that have been opening. They been adding the "This is a standard/premium suite" tag to the higher category rooms.

Even existing HP/HH sometimes had premium level suites that could be worth using a TSU
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by cvseuy
Even existing HP/HH sometimes had premium level suites that could be worth using a TSU
Mind sharing one? I don't recall ever seeing a HP/HH with a premium suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.