Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

*NEW* WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018]

*NEW* WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018]

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 28, 19, 10:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: VegasGambler
Wiki Link
World of Hyatt Visa Credit Card

Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points

Here's how it works:
  • Earn 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
  • Earn an additional 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 in total purchases [$3k+$3k] within the first 6 months of account opening.
  • Application Link
[Was 60,000 total; ended Jan 9, 2019]

40,000 Bonus Points - after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
Plus, earn an additional 20,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening.
  • Receive one free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort every year on your cardmember anniversary.
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • $95 annual fee

Spending Tracker
The spending tracker is useful for seeing how close you are to the $15k free night threshold, or the next $5k threshold for 2 qual nights.
  • Chase mobile app: "View all transactions", then switch to the "Spending Summary" tab
  • Chase web page: From the account page, in the "Things you can do" menu, choose "Spending Summary"
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 24, 18, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Gold, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pointspinnacle View Post
what makes it more strange is my 2 elite nights posted ($5k spend) right away but no points.
Yeah me too.
Old Oct 24, 18, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by FishH2O View Post
question: if you are a "re-qualifying Globalist" w/ new hyatt cc:

60 nights -5 (cc) -5( former diamond re-qual) = 50 nights total to re-qualify for globalist (which would actually be 48 if one meets 6K spend bonus)?

Correct math or no?
Does the tracker in your Hyatt account say you need 55 or 60 to re-qualify? If it says 55, then your math is correct.
Old Oct 24, 18, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL DM; UA 1K; Hyatt D; HH D.
Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
Does the tracker in your Hyatt account say you need 55 or 60 to re-qualify? If it says 55, then your math is correct.
The tracker says 60, which I always thought was strange since I was Globalist (not "Diamond") last year, but I assumed they just reconciled when I hit 55 or at the end of the year or something? Perhaps I should contact Hyatt CS. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 18, 2:53 pm

How did you attain Globalist last year? Did you actually stay 60 nights at Hyatt or did you attain Globalist via challenge? The 55-night qualifier is only for people who stayed 60 or more nights the year before.
Old Oct 24, 18, 3:13 pm

Programs: MR Bonvoy Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by soartoday View Post
Has anyone heard from Hyatt or Chase about this? Based on how the system is implemented, my assumption right now is that spending after December statement close will count towards next statement (i.e., January of following year). The only way they would count for current year is if Chase/Hyatt implemented the edge case in their systems for EOY, which seems unlikely.
I asked this question through the Chase Secure Message Center with the answer below:

If I make a $1,000 purchase on December 30, 2018 after my statement closes on December 17, 2018, I assume the $1,000 spend will only count for elite night credit in 2018. So all spending that counts for 2019 elite night credit starts on Jan 1, 2019. Is this correct?

Thank you for contacting Chase regarding your World of Hyatt account.

You are correct. Only purchases posted to the account starting Jan 1, 2019 and on will go towards the spend for 2019. Anything before will go towards the 2018 year.

If you need any other assistance, you can send us a secure message.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Chase.
Old Oct 24, 18, 3:55 pm

Makes sense to me. 1/1, the counter just resets.
Old Oct 24, 18, 3:57 pm

Right, but it can cause confusion, unless Chase sends a special 12/31 update to Hyatt for everyone, since spending from one's Dec. closing date until 12/31 might end up in no-man's land. I also wonder how returns will be handled. Without a doubt, someone will try to game the system at the end of the year and/or unintentionally qualify for a higher WoH level via late-Dec. spending, only to have it potentially clawed back by Hyatt after a return(s).
Old Oct 24, 18, 4:20 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by ukinny2000 View Post
I am still waiting for mine from the statement that closed on the 18th of this month (Oct)
Same here, 2 elite nights posted though. Also checked last month and it posted within a couple days.
Old Oct 25, 18, 7:06 am

Programs: AA Gold, United Silver, SW A-list, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Southdown13 View Post
I asked this question through the Chase Secure Message Center with the answer below:

If I make a $1,000 purchase on December 30, 2018 after my statement closes on December 17, 2018, I assume the $1,000 spend will only count for elite night credit in 2018. So all spending that counts for 2019 elite night credit starts on Jan 1, 2019. Is this correct?

Thank you for contacting Chase regarding your World of Hyatt account.

You are correct. Only purchases posted to the account starting Jan 1, 2019 and on will go towards the spend for 2019. Anything before will go towards the 2018 year.

If you need any other assistance, you can send us a secure message.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Chase.
I guess it's possible that Chase can update Hyatt on 12/31, but I wouldn't automatically believe what a random CSR answering secure messages says about the benefits of a new card. I think this is the opposite of how they've handled the old Chase Marriott card which had a qualifying night after $3k in spending ...can't find a post on that right now but I'll look.

OK...found this post on MMS blog (although I'm not sure that's completely reliable, either) in which he claims that Dec spending on January statement goes for elite credit the next year: MMS on elite night credits.

Here's a discussion from Marriott Insiders: Marriott Insiders. The elite nights don't post until sometime after the statement closes and the points have posted. But I can't find anything as to whether at year end those elite nights could be backdated.

Last edited by ehallison; Oct 25, 18 at 7:43 am Reason: found some posts
Old Oct 26, 18, 1:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH GLD (thanks Citi), former DL silver
Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
What is everyone's experience with points that show up on your statement as earned to the time when the points post in your Hyatt account? For Amex cards (eg HH Aspire), points show up in your HH account the day the statement closes (and statement posts online). My statement closed 10/17 and still nada posted to my account.
Seeing something similar here too.
Old Oct 26, 18, 6:54 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium / LTG, Amtrak Select Executive
Has anyone had an October statement close and earn points? I usually get points 1-2 days after statement close, but like many here itís been a week since closing and no points.
Old Oct 26, 18, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by uppereastsider View Post
Has anyone had an October statement close and earn points? I usually get points 1-2 days after statement close, but like many here itís been a week since closing and no points.
Same here. My October statement closed 10/23 and I usually have the points the following day by 4:00 pm PST. This time, I only got 2 nights credit posted and 0 points. This is frustrating!
Old Oct 26, 18, 8:48 am

Mine posted, but it was earlier in October.
Old Oct 26, 18, 8:59 am

Programs: SPG Platinum 100, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Platinum, Southwest AL CP
Originally Posted by uppereastsider View Post
My October statement is the same as everyone here. Closed on 10/17 and no points to date, and I also received 2 nights credit for spend. I called World of Hyatt and they assured me this is a known problem. Hope they get it worked out soon.
Old Oct 26, 18, 2:07 pm

My statement closed on the 19th and I am still waiting for my signup bonus points to post.

Search this Thread