Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric The Liberties Dublin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric The Liberties Dublin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 11:33 am

Finally, about time there's one in Dublin. Any visibility on the potential pricing and category level?
Old May 9, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)

March 22 2019

I say November 2019 is very optimistic given this is what it looked like the middle/end of March.

It is not far from St, Patrick's Cathedral. There is a new Aloft not far from there. The neighborhood is fine but scarce on restaurants, bars and things to do... IMO kind of boring. It is a 10 or 15 minute walk to a more active neighborhood with restaurants etc.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:00 pm

Does anyone have any more information on when this property will open?

I booked a twin room for March 2020 with 12,000 points. Really hoping it is open by then!
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Diamond
Website is now showing an October 15th opening date.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by e53nyc

This should be true. They are in pre-opening and will definately open soon.15th of October sounds reliable then.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:40 pm

I booked a stay for October 15 -- fingers crossed that it opens on time.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:17 pm
formerly smoaky

Is this still opening on the 15th? Noticed rooms are suddenly unavailable for that week. Had been keeping an eye out and every class was available until just now suddenly they weren't... Could just be sold out but I somehow doubt it.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Bummer this wasn’t opened last week, stayed at the Conrad and IC instead.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:41 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by e53nyc
Originally Posted by dc_traveler
I booked a stay for October 15 -- fingers crossed that it opens on time.
Originally Posted by nycflyer17
Is this still opening on the 15th? Noticed rooms are suddenly unavailable for that week. Had been keeping an eye out and every class was available until just now suddenly they weren't... Could just be sold out but I somehow doubt it.

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/100719Hya...berties-Dublin

Hotel has opened today, rates start at 225€

dc_traveler likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 10:00 am

Just to provide a quick (belated) report--

I stayed October 14-16. I received a friendly and enthusiastic welcome. At the time the hotel said that no suites were open yet but I was upgraded to a room on the top floor. The hotel is brand new; modern design. Globalist breakfast was fine; mainly a buffet. Some work is clearly still ongoing. The "new hotel" smell is definitely present; it did not bother me but just mentioning for anyone who is sensitive to that.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 9:01 am

Thanks for the report dc_traveler ! How was the location - in walking distance of anything interesting on the restaurants/cafe's front? Any details on airport transport - did you taxi/uber or was public transport option avail nearby?

Thank you!
Old Nov 10, 2019, 8:06 pm

The location was reasonably good. It was about a 15-minute walk to the Temple Bar area, and on the walk you can see both St. Patrick's Cathedral and Christchurch Cathedral. It was also not too far from the Guinness Storehouse--less than a 15 minute walk. I did not have a ton of time to check out the nearby restaurant and bar scene but it felt like lots of things were within a 15-20 minute walk.

For public transportation I obtained a Leap Card which can be used on buses. The buses are the main form of public transportation. There is an Airlink Express bus that you can take from the airport to the city. I think the closest bus is the 747 bus. There was a stop that was near the river and about a 12-minute walk from the hotel but one warning is that if you have a lot of stuff, the walk is uphill. Also at least last month Google Maps seemed to have out-of-date information about where to find the bus stop, so I ended up having to ask the bus driver on the way in and random friendly Dubliners on the way out.

There are definitely more central locations in Dublin; I can imagine staying elsewhere if I did not care about staying at a Hyatt. For this trip, the price was definitely right; I used one of my Cat 1-4 certificates for 1 night and 12,000 points for the second night.

I hope this is helpful!
Visconti likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:01 am
Suspended

Stayed there for one night last week and wasn't impressed.

Positive:

- Decent bar, reasonably priced (didn't check out the restaurant, but ordered an appetizer at the bar which has a large food selection)
- Public areas are nice (didn't go to the fitness center, though)
- Size of the bathroom and shower was good--no rain shower, though
- Had to check-out before breakfast; receptionist kindly offered to get me a coffee to go and some snacks
- New hotel, that's always a plus

Neutral/negative:

- Location is not nearly as central as, say, the Westin
- Some street noise until late in my front-facing room
- Wooden furniture looks like some cheap veneer
- Room didn't get quite warm despite me closing the window ventilation
- Europlug didn't work (but fortunately, there were quite a few USB ports in the room)
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:55 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Standard business hotel

The location of the Hyatt Centric Dublin is ok on the St Patrick side of South Dublin City Centre. Nothing is very far in Dublin so no problem. But it is not in one of the two major City Centre locations. A Dubliner would consider this a second rated location. The surrounding area is also very busy with traffic and its loud.
The hotel itself is a typical business hotel at the level of a Holiday Inn. The normal rooms are very small, but have everything you need.
I booked a King Suite and as a LT Globalist they upgraded me to their biggest room, a Terrace View Suite. The room is a corner room with a nice sofa, a small dinner table and a small desk (overlooking a terrace with stones on it, but you can't step out on the terrace, its literally a "Terrace View". For my purpose this was perfect (and for Dublin hotel prices good value). I like it cozy so I was ok with the room having very limited light choices. The room is dark in the evening and if you like a lot of light and to work maybe in a bright room don't chose this hotel. The bathroom was modern with a nice shower and bathtub. There was also a coffee machine, but it was an unknown brand with some cheap tasting Lungo (1 pod) and Hot Chocolate I did not try (2 pods). Nespresso now is standard and I usually bring my own capsules. In this hotel Nespresso capsules don't work as they are not compatible with the machine. Annoying! At the bed there are no usb plugs, so you need a UK standard charger if you want your device charging close to your bed. There is a Mini fridge, but it was empty.
I went to the Bar and the restaurant. Half of the things I ordered were out of stock (Monkey Gin was not available even though shown on the Menu and my main course choice for dinner was not available either. Drinks and Food were reasonably priced for Dublin standards (Dublin is London pricing). They did not hesitate to bring me the dinner to my room as the people frequenting the public area were loud and I wanted to still get some work done. The restaurant is basically a breakfast designed room, so not very suitable for dinner. I would not do a conference dinner here, one would need to go outside, the atmosphere is just too much bf room.
The food at breakfast was the usual Irish spread, but all low quality, mass pre-packed food. I would not blame this on Hyatt. Ireland has really low standards in business hotels, it's all about making money (the Westin etc are all like that).
The Fitness Centre is very small, but covering the basics, nothing to write home about.
My overall impression is what I expected the Hyatt Centric in Dublin to be. Its a 4 Star level Business Hotel. I would not want to spend a weekend with a special one here. But it's ok if you are in town to work and just use the hotel to sleep.
Great that we finally have a Hyatt choice in Dublin though. It took them very long (now you can also book the Brooks Hotel through Hyatt, much better location).
On another note. This has been my third stay at Hyatt Centric (stayed in Tokyo and Milan). The one in Tokyo is at a consistently high standard and I would rate it five star (have been a few times and the mixture of location and overall value is superb), the one in Milan is very boutique and design (thought it was very chic and high quality) while the Dublin hotel is at a business hotel level in a second tier area of the city (bar some loud music in the public areas this is basically a Holiday Inn). I still don't understand what Hyatt Centric stands for and what the brand values are. Each of the hotels was so different and no consistent offering.
Cedar Jet and EmeraldLady like this.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 7:45 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
I have 7 days booked here in July for a conference. I don't mind walking at all - esp after a full hotel breakfast and the price was good considering lesser hotels were more expensive and higher end hotels were 3 times the price. Reading the above, however, doesn't really get me excited about staying here despite being a Hyatt fan. Never stayed at a Centric before either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.