Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Destination fee starting at NYGH

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
my flight was pretty late last night so I dont think I was dealing with the A team when I checked in. I'm a glob, 93 nights at hyatt properties this year so far. But yea, they are charging me a destination fee and they completely blew off my confirmed suite upgrade made through the globalist concierge line.

their customer service people emailed me to make sure I was happy this morning and I escalated it to that. Will see what happens.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:55 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Pingtung
If you're still a globalist as your profile says then they won't charge you. You'll still get all the benefits though.
Including the $15/day credit in the Lobby "market". The $15 must be used each day, though. You can't stay for 2 nights and get a single $30 credit when you check out - as we hoped to do by grabbing some items to have for lunch while on the train.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:34 pm

From the current World of Hyatt terms and conditions:

(l) Waived Resort, Destination, or Facility Fees: Resort, destination, or facility fees, where charged by the applicable hotel or resort, will be waived for Globalists when paying an Eligible Rate. (As described in Appendix B, resort, destination, or facility fees are waived for all Members when staying on a Free Night Award.) This benefit is not valid at any Hyatt Residence Club resort, Oasis Home, or M life Rewards destination. In some instances, a hotel or resort may charge other fees (such as a “service fee”) that are independent of any resort, destination, or facility fee charged by that hotel or resort. Any such fees will not be waived for Globalists pursuant to this benefit.

https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...att-terms.html (Appendix C, V. Globalist Status, (l) Waived Resort, Destination, or Facility Fees).
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Maybe the thread can be renamed to "Destination fee starting at NYGH for non Globalists"
59Impala likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I'm just grateful they haven't implemented a new loyalty level for Destinationalist.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sdadept
my flight was pretty late last night so I dont think I was dealing with the A team when I checked in. I'm a glob, 93 nights at hyatt properties this year so far. But yea, they are charging me a destination fee and they completely blew off my confirmed suite upgrade made through the globalist concierge line.
If there is any Hyatt in the world where the employees ought to know the rules applicable to Globalists, it's this one.

btw, this is a corporate Hyatt owned property, so you can't even blame a franchisee trying to bend the rules. These are Hyatt employees, working under Hyatt mangement, for Hyatt ownership.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by sdadept
their customer service people emailed me to make sure I was happy this morning and I escalated it to that. Will see what happens.
Follow up?

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.