Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore: GH or Andaz

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Singapore: GH or Andaz

My sister and I will be in Sinapore for 2 days. Main objective is shopping and eating. I hoping to get a little help deciding between GH and Andaz.

GH:

pro (for us):
1. shopping at our doorstep
2. I'm a huge fan of GHHK lounge. I would want to check this lounge out if it's of similar caliber. If lounge is meh- most of your dining will be at good and cheap hawker centers.

Andaz:
pro:
1.rate is only $208 with minimal stay of 2 nights
2. I like trying new hotels.
3. Looks like one of my favorite hotel, Andaz Tokyo.
4. We will be using a lot of MTR and access is easier from Andaz.

If it was not for the minimal 2 night stay for Andaz, I would hotel hop.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by thucanhho
I'm a huge fan of GHHK lounge. I would want to check this lounge out if it's of similar caliber.
It's not similar caliber to GH HKG. It's fine, but nothing special. It tends to get crowded, also.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I say go with the new experience.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Andaz:rate is only $208
Surprise you've seen rates of S$208, or even US$208 if that is what you mean (hopefully not, I hate it when people (read Americans) quote in their own local currency rather than the hotel's currency; it's so Trump-like). The lowest rates I've seen are S$288, the same at both Andaz and GH. If you have a rate of S$208 at Andaz I sure would grab it.

You seem to have summed up the difference pretty well, so not sure what kind of confirmation you're looking for. New+View at Andaz vs. free food & wine at GH. If the food & wine does does not hold much value, where is the doubt?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
You seem to have summed up the difference pretty well, so not sure what kind of confirmation you're looking for. New+View at Andaz vs. free food & wine at GH.
The locations are also really different, though I don't think one is objectively better, as that depends on personal interests and preferences.
htran88 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
US$208 as the opening special for 2+ night. Thank you for input. Will likely go with Andaz.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
US$208 as the opening special for 2+ night. Thank you for input. Will likely go with Andaz.
S$270 would be a really good deal. I've watched the opening special and mostly I've seen it at S$296 and now S$288, but of course I haven't checked every date.

As Kacee said, the locations are very different, but you certainly seem to understand that in your original post. We personally cannot stand the Orchard Rd. area, but we're not shoppers. The only reason I would consider the GH over the Andaz at similar rates would be to save money on wine. On previous stays we have passed up comped Club access at GH and paid for Club level at RC and Conrad, but that speaks mostly to our location preference.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
I recently stayed at the Andaz and really enjoyed it. I thought the hotel was very well designed and can't say enough good things about it. Also the hotel is right on top of a MRT station and also a short walk to the (currently closed) Raffles hotel as well as to the waterfront.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.