Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Extra TSUs earned at 70, 80, 90 etc have same expiration date (issue resolved)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:45 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold

Call me naive, but I learned the hard way in August when I hit 60 nights that my new TSUs had an expiration date of August 2018. I clearly missed that with everything else in WOH.

When I hit 70 nights this past week I was offered 10k points or an additional suite upgrade. There were no terms and conditions in the email. I made the assumption that if I picked a TSU, it would be valid for a full year from today's date.

That was clearly very flawed logic on my part. Beware to anyone, my new TSU has an expiration date that matches the date I qualified for Globalist in August.

Just another great feature of WOH 2017.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Beware to anyone, my new TSU has an expiration date that matches the date I qualified for Globalist in August.
Wow. Just wow.

I would have made the same assumption as you did.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
No effing way!!

Without decent promos, Hyatt are going to (maybe) get exactly 60 nights per year out of me going forward, but this data point is truly maddening!

Have you contacted WoH? TSUs are supposed to be valid for one year after being earned. It could just be an IT glitch.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Wow - thanks for reporting this. If this is truly the case I’ll be choosing points instead of TSUs. I haven’t made my choice yet for both 70 and 80 nights.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
I made the same assumption as you. I crossed 70 nights a month ago and hadn't selected my award because I was assuming it would expire one year from my selection date. It's time to contact WoH to see if this is policy.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I have not yet gotten a chance to call customer service.

In the mobile app, I can clearly see that I have one certificate left that expires in March, and now 5 for August. The app clearly shows when they expire while the desktop website doesn't appear to.

I would also be curious of @World of Hyatt Concierge could clarify the policy formally on this thread for everyone too.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:19 am
Original Poster

After talking to Customer Service, it appears that this is a website display glitch.

One of my TSU's does expire in December. I have asked them to update their website. Yet another poor IT experience caused by Hyatt. I will ask the mods to update the thread title.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Call me naive, but I learned the hard way in August when I hit 60 nights that my new TSUs had an expiration date of August 2018. I clearly missed that with everything else in WOH.

When I hit 70 nights this past week I was offered 10k points or an additional suite upgrade. There were no terms and conditions in the email. I made the assumption that if I picked a TSU, it would be valid for a full year from today's date.

That was clearly very flawed logic on my part. Beware to anyone, my new TSU has an expiration date that matches the date I qualified for Globalist in August.

Just another great feature of WOH 2017.
where are these offers at? I just hit 90 nights and haven't seen any additional TSU offers or anything like that.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdadept
where are these offers at? I just hit 90 nights and haven't seen any additional TSU offers or anything like that.
They come via an email.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
They come via an email.
ah... that would explain it. I ignore most hyatt emails because there are so many. time to go back and read....
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdadept
ah... that would explain it. I ignore most hyatt emails because there are so many. time to go back and read....
Subject is: More Rewards and the Choice is Yours. Also, per my email, You only have 90 days to choose. So don't waste too much time
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Subject is: More Rewards and the Choice is Yours. Also, per my email, You only have 90 days to choose. So don't waste too much time
So, in theory you could wait close to 90 days and have a TSU valid for 12 months from that date? Or is it 12 months from the date of your 70th, 80th night?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Originally Posted by craigthemif
So, in theory you could wait close to 90 days and have a TSU valid for 12 months from that date? Or is it 12 months from the date of your 70th, 80th night?
sadly I learned it is one year from the date of the 70th etc night. It messed up my plans.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI, in the 2018 program year, this is no longer the case, finally.

TSUs chosen now expire 2/29/20, like your other TSUs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.