Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency (was Hyatt Place) Tokyo Bay REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency (was Hyatt Place) Tokyo Bay REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2020, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I have no inside information (I'm certainly not going to pester the FOM about it in email), but my feeling is that they are entering a new phase where pretty much all the workers at HPTB are moving on to other things.

This place is gonna be a drag on Sogo Bussan's bottom line for quite some time, so I imagine they'll have to cut as many costs as they can. Wouldn't be surprised if this place stops being a "Hyatt" hotel sometime next year.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did not see this coming. To be rebranded as "Hyatt Regency Tokyo Bay" from April 1st.

https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/00...000008031.html

Edit: Website already updated!

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...okyo-bay/nrtzt
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I did not see this coming. To be rebranded as "Hyatt Regency Tokyo Bay" from April 1st.

The public areas certainly could fit a Hyatt Regency, the rooms would need a bit of a touch up here and there. But it should be in the bones of the place. But I guess we now have a semi official reopening date.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

So see they going to spruce this place up a bit to meet the HR standard? Whatever that means?
Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
But I guess we now have a semi official reopening date.
Sorry, I mis-spoke here. The site only mentions April 2021, not a specific date in April.

Originally Posted by lsquare
So see they going to spruce this place up a bit to meet the HR standard? Whatever that means?
For starters, the hotel is apparently getting a club lounge now.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Sorry, I mis-spoke here. The site only mentions April 2021, not a specific date in April.

For starters, the hotel is apparently getting a club lounge now.
It was really misbranded to begin with!
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
This sometimes happens. See the rebranding of the Hyatt House Dusseldorf to the Unbound Collection. It truly never was a Hyatt House compared to other HH's.
TravisMT81 and 59Impala like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think it was misbranded. I think the hotel itself was designed to compete with the Comfort Suites next door; a basic but nice place that's little more than a place to sleep, which makes sense for an area that offers little more than being a budget lodging alternative for a multi night TDR adventure. They just built it to be too nice.

I'm not sure people will pay a premium for a full-service hotel here. This place makes Hyatt Regency Osaka look like it's the center of the world.
TravisMT81 and porphyra like this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:20 am

In the beginning I was getting it for 12,000 yen’s a night, but then later it was going for over 20,000 yen’s. And considering I could stay at the Sheraton for the same price.... there was no value in it, considering the location.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the beginning I was getting it for 12,000 yen’s a night, but then later it was going for over 20,000 yen’s.
I had stays this April that would have been about 8000 yen a night. Alas, it was not to be.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But I guess we now have a semi official reopening date.
I guess it was a little too "semi". The website has changed from "Opening April, 2021" to "Opening Summer, 2021".
Old Mar 14, 2021, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I guess it was a little too "semi". The website has changed from "Opening April, 2021" to "Opening Summer, 2021".
It could have been a nice teleworking location for the spring time. But maybe that will now be summer time.

Most hotels in Japan are just not seeing any decent degree occupancy at the moment. I was at Hyatt Regency in Yokohama for a week of telework recently, it was just empty on the week days. But at least the prices reflected that. The lounge is quite nice by the way.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I only stayed a single night at HRY, but I was pretty bored by the lounge and the place in general. I did a week's telework at GHT in January, and I think that was about the bare minimum level of place I could spend a week at.

But if HRTB was only about 8000++ yen a night, then I definitely would have given it a try anyway.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 6:59 am

It could have been a nice teleworking location for the spring time. But maybe that will now be summer time.

Most hotels in Japan are just not seeing any decent degree occupancy at the moment. I was at Hyatt Regency in Yokohama for a week of telework recently, it was just empty on the week days. But at least the prices reflected that. The lounge is quite nice by the way.
They finally posted on Instagram about the change till summer. But hey looks like they sign has changed.
Old May 17, 2021, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Hyatt Place Regency Tokyo Bay is accepting bookings from July 12th. It remains a Cat 4 at this time.

Last edited by hailstorm; May 17, 2021 at 5:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.