Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Room type available under member discount rate but not standard rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold

I am looking to book a room on points. The standard room type is available under the member discount rate but not under standard rate, so the room is not available on points. Has anyone seen this before?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:53 pm

Not surprising. Most likely award games which more and more hotels play, and Hyatt does nothing to stop. What property?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
On occasion I find hotels without allowing points but never made the connection that it wasn't on 'standard rate' (since I never seem to look there).

I must say, I am annoyed by any lack of being able to use points, but with Hyatt, in my experience, I can use points 95% of the time at the properties when I look at booking and pt/cash at 50% of the time (which I wish was more). Compare that with an airline where they have zero availability to use pts for an class upgrade seemingly 90-95% of the time, and I am not going to complain about that 5% Hyatt denies it.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:40 pm

try ada
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold
It is the Hyatt Regency Maui. I contacted the twitter folks and all they said was it must be a liable in standard rate for points. I did not ask about whether it was valid to be in member discount but not in standard rate type.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by unrdchi
It is the Hyatt Regency Maui. I contacted the twitter folks and all they said was it must be a liable in standard rate for points. I did not ask about whether it was valid to be in member discount but not in standard rate type.
Send them a follow up.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MarkOK
Compare that with an airline where they have zero availability to use pts for an class upgrade seemingly 90-95% of the time, and I am not going to complain about that 5% Hyatt denies it.
Perhaps that is related to the redemption value for premium class airline tickets/upgrades being generally higher than the redemption value for hotel rooms? If upgrades were readily available for Y->C upgrades, would anyone still buy C? Or would anyone traveling on OPM still be able to find seats?

(not that I am not wishing for easier Premium class redemptions....)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.