Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Survey 5K Points for your feedback (Targeted?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Just received a survey offer. Installation of the Hyatt app was required. Many of the survey questions were centered around loyalty and why we choose hotels.

Some key questions I saw:
1. Does a loyalty program cause you to choose a hotel even if its not the most convenient?(my answer obviously YES)
2. Does special recognition at the hotels make you feel recognized (paraphrasing here...can't remember the exact wording...alluding to a diamond amenity return)?
3. What is you perception of Hyatt at this time (slide bar)...I dragged mine to the far left...
4. Number of stays/night for business and pleasure
5. Are you responsible for booking your own travel or not?

Then upon finishing the survey it directs you to install the app...switching back to the survey it says "thank you".

Knowing Hyatt's IT I am not confident I will get the 5K in points but interesting that the survey goes out the day a new head of loyalty is named...

Winds of change perhaps?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Link?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
In small print it says the first 60 respondents get the 5,000 points, but the wonderful IT had it so that I completed the entire survey only to be told at the end, "Sorry, the survey has closed".

Maybe it is my fault for not assuming 60 people had already responded, but pretty poor programming to have you complete the entire survey before telling you that it is closed.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
Maybe it is my fault for not assuming 60 people had already responded, but pretty poor programming to have you complete the entire survey before telling you that it is closed.
Hyatt finds yet another way to needlessly antagonize people who should be its best customers!
JackE and bbbb like this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
Hyatt finds yet another way to needlessly antagonize people who should be its best customers!
Next survey will require the taker to pay 5,000 points to participate.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Personal rule: I don't participate in any survey that does not have a guaranteed pay out for me. "A chance to win a few points or a $50 Amazon gift card"? No thanks. You want my time? It's gotta be worth something to you, so pay up.

Exceptions are post stay or flight surveys if there was anything exceptionally good or bad.

The amount of survey / feedback requests these days is just mind boggling.
JackE and MarkOK like this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
In small print it says the first 60 respondents get the 5,000 points, but the wonderful IT had it so that I completed the entire survey only to be told at the end, "Sorry, the survey has closed".

What sort of sample size is the 60 who respond first, which seems to require responding almost instantly so they're getting people with nothing better to do with their time? This sounds like bad methodology.
notquiteaff and OsakaWino like this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond since 1989, Singapore Air PPS now Gold, AA Gold Since 1982, Starwood Gold
Chicago produces the best marketing talent globally at Kellogg

with Northwestern producing Kellogg MBA's
U Chicago PHD economists and
U Illinois Urbana Champaign Computer Science and enterpreneurs.

You would think Hyatt HQ would stock up on this local produced talent but I guess West Coast Tech pays better
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gtarr
with Northwestern producing Kellogg MBA's
U Chicago PHD economists and
U Illinois Urbana Champaign Computer Science and enterpreneurs.

You would think Hyatt HQ would stock up on this local produced talent but I guess West Coast Tech pays better
If you spent 4 years or more spending mainly your winters in Chicago, wouldn't you rush to California as well?

This sounds like poor implementation of a reasonable idea - i.e. offer points to people who've drastically reduced their Hyatt stays, in exchange for serious feedback about what has caused it. Any decent focus group / market research professional should be able to design a relatively cheap and informative study.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What sort of sample size is the 60 who respond first (...)
It's not a sample, Hyatt will no doubt receive and use all the responses, not just the first 60.

They only had to pay for the first 60.
OsakaWino likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:29 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by craigthemif
... offer points to people who've drastically reduced their Hyatt stays, in exchange for serious feedback about what has caused it.
If that were their criteria then I would have received the survey. I stayed at Hyatt properties every week until a bad stay (just over a month ago). I'd be overjoyed to share some details via a survey. I'm equally happy to stay elsewhere. Their choice.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by shorthauldad

They only had to pay for the first 60.
Correction, they only claim to be paying the first 60.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What sort of sample size is the 60 who respond first, which seems to require responding almost instantly so they're getting people with nothing better to do with their time? This sounds like bad methodology.
I'm a little bit of a data geek for a living, and 60 people for something like this is absurdly low and not really representative of any relevant group.

However, the evil genius of their plan could be to trick lots and lots of people into responding, using their response data, and then saying, "Oops, the survey is closed" after people respond.

For grins, I opened the survey back up this morning, and it still lets you respond before telling you that the survey is close. So, maybe they survey is technically open, but the opportunity to get 5,000 points is closed, which is a pretty disingenuous way to get data.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Correction, they only claim to be paying the first 60.
Agreed, i doubt i will see the 5K points post and when i call into the diamond line they will either hang up on me or say that they will get back to me and never will.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:35 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
The first 60 respondents probably corresponds to the 60 nights for Elephant Status ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.