Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

70 - 80 - 90 - 100 Nights: Suite Upgrade or Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

70 - 80 - 90 - 100 Nights: Suite Upgrade or Points

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JackE
Why is that different than what happens at 55 or 60?
My point is, even though it's all that Hyatt gives you at that point (after 100 nights), there's still value to it.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Can anyone confirm how long these suite upgrade certificates earned at 70, 80, etc nights are good for? Is it like the new 4 you get annually?

"Suite upgrade awards earned on or after January 1, 2018 are valid for the same period as the tier status of the member at the time the awards were earned. The awards are valid in connection with reservations with a checkout date by the expiration of the award." So that means Feb 2020, if I choose it this year. So it doesn't make a difference if I choose it now versus later (as in make the selection of 10,000 points versus suite upgrade certificate)?
So my concierge said a year, but I just chose one and it appears to lump then together with the rest of my TSU, so good til Feb 2020. So then it doesn't seem to make a difference when you choose your TSU
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can someone confirm that these TSUs expire at the end of the next program year, no matter when chosen?

So if I choose one now, it'll expire Feb. 29, 2020? I don't need to wait until the end of my 90 day period to extend the date, like the old days?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I think that Hyatt has just made the calculation that for those customers who spend 100 nights with them, they are locked in. They won't jump ship at that point. So there's no more need to reward them.
They are wrong. I am hitting 100 nights next week and will abruptly be shifting my stays to Marriott/spg for the remainder of the year.

I can say unequivocally that if Hyatt were to continue offering me the same incentive at 110 nights, I would not be shifting my stays.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Visualp
They are wrong. I am hitting 100 nights next week and will abruptly be shifting my stays to Marriott/spg for the remainder of the year.

I can say unequivocally that if Hyatt were to continue offering me the same incentive at 110 nights, I would not be shifting my stays.
Has anyone tried to see if another bonus comes at 110? Doubtful but hopeful wishing here.

Same for me, at 104 now and just doing stays to max out the fall 60K promo. Then I’m done and back to Hilton.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a question for you 100+ nighters who are switching for the end of the year...

Do you have status at the other chain too? If so... how many total hotel nights (across all chains) do you have? If not... don't the globalist perks make it worth staying at Hyatt, even without the 10k pts / 10 nights?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I have a question for you 100+ nighters who are switching for the end of the year...

Do you have status at the other chain too? If so... how many total hotel nights (across all chains) do you have? If not... don't the globalist perks make it worth staying at Hyatt, even without the 10k pts / 10 nights?
Yes, I have status at the other chain too (Marriott/Spg Platinum). Requalified again this year using the legacy rules (25 stays) but am within range to hit 50 nights which is why I'm switching for the remainder of the year. I'll have about 140 nights across all chains by end of next week and 150+ nights by end of year.
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

Committing 100% to Hyatt is madness. Too many places where you simply don't have a Hyatt. That said, it is nice to have a secondary status, if only to remind yourself that Hyatt is still worth the effort where you have a choice...

I will also do exactly 100 nights with Hyatt and leave it there. At least 30 of those were due to the 60K promo, as 10K per 10 nights isn't all that exciting (but better than nothing)
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:11 am

Am about to hit 100 nights. Wish there was a higher level than glob, after this will switch to starriott which has been disappointing at best.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
Can someone confirm that these TSUs expire at the end of the next program year, no matter when chosen?

So if I choose one now, it'll expire Feb. 29, 2020? I don't need to wait until the end of my 90 day period to extend the date, like the old days?
To answer my own question, yes, same expiration date (currently Feb 29, 2020).
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC

About 220 nights so far this year. Hyatt the most with 100 ish, Hilton with 80 ish, 20 or so with IHG, rest with Marriott. Since about 75% of my Hyatt stays are HP or HH I will only stay at Hyatt’s for points or if in a big city.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt
Hit 110 nights today. Didn’t know would not receive anything after 100 nights. Seems discourage ppl from staying more.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt
No luck on 112 nights. Will not stay after 100 nights next year. I have status in Marriott also.

Originally Posted by mnredfox

Has anyone tried to see if another bonus comes at 110? Doubtful but hopeful wishing here.

Same for me, at 104 now and just doing stays to max out the fall 60K promo. Then I’m done and back to Hilton.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:08 am

Yeah I got nothing at 110 as well. I think Hilton tips at 100 as well but at least you get rollover.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Steve001
Hit 110 nights today. Didn’t know would not receive anything after 100 nights. Seems discourage ppl from staying more.
Is there any other program that gives a bonus at every 10 nights past 100? Those are, with rare exceptions, long-term stay people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.