Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Promos Passe in the New World (order)of Hyatt?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promos Passe in the New World (order)of Hyatt?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
It's good to have direction.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
current promos - NOT HYATT

As soon as I make my 60, moving all my stays to spg and Marriott for their promos

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericros.../#34f8bcf27780

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/prom...promotion=FA17
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
As soon as I make my 60, moving all my stays to spg and Marriott for their promos

If you're close to 60, you may want to shift over to Marriott/SPG and then complete your 60 Hyatt nights at a property that you want to stay at. No need to stay at an out of the way Hyatt if your travels (before the end of the year) take you to a more convenient/comfortable Hyatt to get you to 60.

That's the way I've played the hotel loyalty program ... get close to Hyatt's annual requirements and then shift to most convenient/advantageous if there is still plenty of time left on the calendar.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:06 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
If you're close to 60 ...
Yes indeed. Delay that 60th night as long as possible (just make sure that the checkout date is in 2017). The sooner you hit 60, the sooner your awards expire. It's one of the most severe flaws in the World of Hyatt program.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic

You're going to move your Hyatt stays to Marriott so that you can earn a free night at some out-of-the-way Courtyard hotel that barely squeezes into Cat 1-5?

SPG makes more sense. I will basically be doing the same.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You're going to move your Hyatt stays to Marriott so that you can earn a free night at some out-of-the-way Courtyard hotel that barely squeezes into Cat 1-5?

SPG makes more sense.
Nobody knows yet what happens after those first two stays. And a free Cat 1-5 is definitely more valuable than a maximum of 1,000-2,000 SPG (or less if the property is non-participating).
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Nobody knows yet what happens after those first two stays. And a free Cat 1-5 is definitely more valuable than a maximum of 1,000-2,000 SPG (or less if the property is non-participating).
1,000-2,000 SPG is worth substantially more than an Cat 1-5 certificate that will expire unused within 6 months. You're welcome to disagree, but every time I look at the list of MR Cat. 1-5 I can only find a handful that I would ever want to stay at - and one free night isn't enough to get me to go out of my way for one.

Compare that to the much-maligned 4-month-expiration 30-night Category 1-4 from WoH, which at least has no shortage of decent hotels to choose from...

And there's no way I would invest 2 stays in a promotion without any idea what it will be.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
1,000-2,000 SPG is worth substantially more than an Cat 1-5 certificate that will expire unused within 6 months.
Lots of good uses in Asia and Latin America. I used mine at Bangkok Marriott Marquis, where they upgraded me to an M Suite. Also, Marriott will extend them for an additional 12 months if you call.

That said, 1000 SPG points per stay is obviously an excellent promo bonus.

Though Hilton's double points is probably the best of all (assuming stays priced over about $400).
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Lots of good uses in Asia and Latin America. I used mine at Bangkok Marriott Marquis, where they upgraded me to an M Suite. Also, Marriott will extend them for an additional 12 months if you call.

I'm fairly sure that Marriott didn't reduce the validity of Megabonus certificates from 12 to 6 months, just to allow 12 month extensions if you call. But who knows...
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm fairly sure that Marriott didn't reduce the validity of Megabonus certificates from 12 to 6 months, just to allow 12 month extensions if you call. But who knows...
Obviously no one knows how they'll handle the certs this time, but I can tell you I had no problem getting my cert from the last megabonus promo extended 12 months, and I made that call based on the thread where numerous others reported the same result.

Unlike Hyatt, Marriott is not at war with its customers. That's the biggest change I've noticed switching primary programs this year.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Unlike Hyatt, Marriott is not at war with its customers. That's the biggest change I've noticed switching primary programs this year.
FWIW, I found Marriott to be better with their customers before Bill Marriott stepped down as CEO and turned the company over to Arne. That's not to say that the company is /wasbad with customer service; it's more a comment about how great the company used to be under Bill Marriott. I haven't consumed many Marriott rooms in the last 4 years because of that so I can't say if the company's doing better than they were in 2013.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hyatt had the audacity to email me today with the subject "Your Account Summary - Double Your Points". I should have known that they were only referring to the "screw your employer by jacking up the rate for a few extra points" rate.
Toronto1970 and notquiteaff like this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Just retweeting this for pure truth.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,UA 1k,SPG Platinum,AA Platinum
Totally No Promotions for the Autumn/Q4?

It is Q4 now, and still no news for any promotions for Autumn/Q4? As I remember, this is the first time without any promotions during the last ten years. I do not understand their logic for this change. Actually if you have one promo, at least it is better than nothing, especially "The Double Points" promo is only a small part of the cost comparing with before. Franking speaking, do you guys think the New Hyatt promo "For being you." 2x points after second stay. Apr 1- Jun 30 is a good one?
peteropny likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:31 pm

I've been waiting and waiting...
bigguyinpasadena likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.