Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Expiring Free Night Cert - Exchanging for Points? Diamond rep alluded to this

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expiring Free Night Cert - Exchanging for Points? Diamond rep alluded to this

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
There's another thread on this, I wasn't able to find it right away.

The summary is that globalists have been able to convert the Cat 1-7 cert for 20K points *after* it expires. Non-globalists seem to be out of luck.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:00 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Expired free night certificates (Cat 1-7 and Cat 1-4 certs) can NO LONGER be converted to points as per My Hyatt Concierge. This was an exception until end of last year and they are not allowed to do so any longer.
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I was told no exceptions by the Hyatt line last year twice, but clearly people still did. So wonder if the exception is true. Will be interesting to see.
Originally Posted by 59Impala
mine expired on 1/18, but I got confirmation in December that they would credit 10k points. they only credited because it was promised last year. My 2nd Cat 1-7 will expire in 1 week, and for this award, my request was denied.

I'd say they'll be strict going forward... too bad.

After success in 2018, but not in 2019....I was able to get 10‘000 points for an expired Cat1-4 award post to my account on Jan 3. This seems to be officially back again.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I was told "no" anything other than use it or lose it. Used in a place I needed to go anyway, but it was on a low-occupancy, low-rate night I would have rather paid for just to get some value. But after 15 years I'm not top-tier status and they clearly don't love me anymore.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jayer
I was told "no" anything other than use it or lose it. Used in a place I needed to go anyway, but it was on a low-occupancy, low-rate night I would have rather paid for just to get some value. But after 15 years I'm not top-tier status and they clearly don't love me anymore.
Are you globalist now ? I would have expected that as a globalist they would have given you some points.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Are you globalist now ? I would have expected that as a globalist they would have given you some points.
The analogy I directly relating was recent. November as Explorist. But I got a similar answer a year ago before I fell from Hyatt grace and was still a Glob. From a business point of view I get it. As a Diamond/Glob 13 of the last 15 years I miss the old Hyatt. Including tier names you could pronounce .
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:30 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
If your free night award is due to expire at the end of February do you need to stay by end of February or just book by end of February (for a later stay)?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by sxc
If your free night award is due to expire at the end of February do you need to stay by end of February or just book by end of February (for a later stay)?
Check out by the date of expiry
sxc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.