Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Zilara/Ziva Cap Cana Dominican Republic REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 59Impala
More detailed information on Ziva and Zilara can be viewed here and are up to date. Such as restaurant menus, further hotel information, cabana reservations etc:

Zilara: https://zilaracapcana.resortsbyhyatt.com/
Ziva: https://zivacapcana.resortsbyhyatt.com/
Print Wikipost

Zilara/Ziva Cap Cana Dominican Republic REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2021, 5:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Explorist and Globalist benefits for the Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana

Globalist benefits for the Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana

Explorist benefits for the Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana

I figured that I would ask about the official benefits while I was here. Basically, Club is included for Globalists. You also get a complimentary pool cabana during your stay (there are no beach cabanas).

Sorry about the crumpled look. The papers got wet in my beach bag, smh.
katstarr and CodeAdam10 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Dsm2m2
How's occupancy? Scheduled to be there next week.
I was there about 2 weeks ago on a Tuesday-Sunday stay. I concur with the other poster where it couldn’t have been more than 25%. Even with the increase on the weekend, it didn’t feel crowded.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
It won't allow me to book for 2AD and 2CH using points but offers a cash rate. Since its an all inclusive do I need to contact the hotel to pay for the kids? Does anyone have their email?
Old Apr 1, 2021, 7:44 am

Try [email protected]

He is a reservations supervisor.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Cat88L3

He is a reservations supervisor.
Thank you
Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:37 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
We booked for a trip last summer using points for one room and paying for another. CV19 stopped that trip, and rates for this year are substantially higher than what I found for last July ($408 vs $742).

My rate last year was fantastic for two adults and two kids, and almost doubling the rate this year makes it hard to handle.

I'm assuming there is a lot of pent up demand for summer trips. They don't even have availability for the first two weeks of August.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 12:34 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I've seen reports the hotel is still under government-mandated capacity restrictions, until those are lifted there will likely be upward pressure on the rates. We returned recently from our third trip to this property, we really enjoy it, but those rates would definitely have us thinking twice. We paid $672/night for 2 adults and 2 kids for our Spring Break trip, but that was in a Grand Master Suite, which is their second highest suite, we could have been closer to $500/night if not. The sting of our previous trip in January was offset by the generous points promotion of the time, we earned over 59,000 Hyatt points plus 4,000 AA miles for our four night stay that cost $2,800 out of pocket.

(The above doesn't include the 11,200 Hyatt points we earned on the WoH Visa)

Our more recent trip only got us:

Plus 10,600 from the WoH Visa.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 3:00 am

Are the prices quoted on the Hyatt website in the booking process inclusive of taxes? It doesn't say anything about that. I would assume all prices are including taxes, but I'm a bit unsure because on the Marriott website it says that quoted prices in for hotels in the Dominican republic are +taxes and fees. I'm planning a stay for 10 nights in October and that would actually make a big price difference.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Hosserunda
Are the prices quoted on the Hyatt website in the booking process inclusive of taxes? It doesn't say anything about that. I would assume all prices are including taxes, but I'm a bit unsure because on the Marriott website it says that quoted prices in for hotels in the Dominican republic are +taxes and fees. I'm planning a stay for 10 nights in October and that would actually make a big price difference.
Yes, the taxes and fees are included. When you get to the hotel, nothing extra is paid. I've booked direct on the Hyatt site 2 months ago and I could have sworn that it does say taxes included. Nonetheless, they are
Old Apr 7, 2021, 5:40 am

Yes, the taxes and fees are included. When you get to the hotel, nothing extra is paid. I've booked direct on the Hyatt site 2 months ago and I could have sworn that it does say taxes included. Nonetheless, they are
Yes they are included so you also don't earn points on the full price.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I do generally like that Ziva/Zilara properties are advertised/sold at an “all in” rate with no additional taxes or resort fees on top. The only downside is that it can make it a little difficult to calculate how many points you should earn each night (since you need to work out the pre tax / base rate).
Old Apr 9, 2021, 6:50 am

Any recent data points on the complementary cabana rentals for globalists? Headed there tomorrow and would like to take advantage if they are still being offered
Old Apr 9, 2021, 6:52 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tatjr13
Any recent data points on the complementary cabana rentals for globalists? Headed there tomorrow and would like to take advantage if they are still being offered
You should have a butler assigned to you, ask them to take care of it.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tatjr13
When we were there in FEB it was still being offered. Didn't realize it was for the entire length of stay (assumed just one day) and didn't end up asking until mid-way through our trip! As mentioned above your butler should handle for you.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dsm2m2
When we were there in FEB it was still being offered. Didn't realize it was for the entire length of stay (assumed just one day) and didn't end up asking until mid-way through our trip! As mentioned above your butler should handle for you.
Is that just a Cap Cana thing or a broader Ziva benefit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.