Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Can people notice the difference between different brands carry Hyatt name?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can people notice the difference between different brands carry Hyatt name?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Srisarin
Besides yourself, what comments ?

At least over in the Marriott forum this discussion was deleted and in Starwood was locked.
+1

Do enjoy your nonsense pm from OP after making a critical post
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I'm pretty good at telling the differences between the various Hyatt brands.

Most of the time, there are big signs on the building or in front of the building indicating whether it is a Park, a Grand, a Regency, a House, or a Place.

Those are generally pretty good hints.

Regardless (or irregardless), I just know I'm going to get my complimentary bottle of cool, sweet water at check-in.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Besides yourself, what comments ?

At least over in the Marriott forum this discussion was deleted and in Starwood was locked.
Whatever. Should I care about how you people think?

If you are not interested about my thread, you don't have to come in.

For those trying to make a comment, like what you did, usually, have you not realized that I try to ignore you? But you still keep replying, I don't care how you people like to make fun or attack, I will keep posting and ask if I want . I am sure that this is just a very small part of particular Marriott members that will do such things but indeed makes me feel bad since I feel marriott would like to have those kind of people in its group, I know because I ask in other place
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:22 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
General Warning
Please keep to the topic and not comment about the OP.
if you don't like the topic please don't comment.

Thanks

Markie - co-mod, Hyatt
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Agree and great Mod.

Members who would like or interested about the topic are welcome to continue, those who are very interested about OP (thought don't why?)please feel free to send PM instead of posting public, please note: an attack or personal comment for no reason will not help your life.

Last edited by Vince Chan; Aug 2, 2017 at 11:10 am
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:23 pm

For your reading enjoyment on Hyatt branding: http://www.hyattdevelopment.com/

As for if the general public can tell the difference: No, and they also don't care. They book what's in their price range and move on, same reason they keep buying tickets on terrible airlines.

Can the non-FT frequent traveler tell the difference? Generally yes. Even those not on here know what they like and who provides it, and gravitate their business to their preferred properties when they can.

As to if I can, yes. Drop me into the middle of a Hyatt property and I'd probably guess the brand 95%+ of the time, but that's no different from anyone who spends 70+ nights a year in Hyatts.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

With regarding to brands history, does anyone know which is the first Hyatt property operating in Asia ? Is it Grand Hyatt Seoul? Which opened in 1978, Taipei 1990, HK 1989. Comapring to Marriott who entering Asia only until 1989, Hyatt is very earlier and more international.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:24 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Vince Chan
With regarding to brands history, does anyone know which is the first Hyatt property operating in Asia ? Is it Grand Hyatt Seoul? Which opened in 1978, Taipei 1990, HK 1989. Comapring to Marriott who entering Asia only until 1989, Hyatt is very earlier and more international.
The first Hyatt in Asia (respectively even internationally) was the Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, which opened in 1969
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:35 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
wrong

Comapring to Marriott who entering Asia only until 1989, Hyatt is very earlier and more international.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

wrong
Both Hilton and Hyatt entering Asia market a lot earlier than Marriott, you are wrong. Ends
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

wrong
Someone should apologize here for providing wrong information ,as date shows Marriott entering Asia in 1989 , Hyatt 1968 and Hilton also operated in Asia before 1970. You only simply left one word " wrong " here and does not have any legit or useful input /information to claim that Marriott is as early or earlier to enter asia market as Hyatt did.

Last edited by Vince Chan; Aug 14, 2017 at 3:29 am
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I disagree with the premise in the OP that PH cannot be confused with other Hyatts.

I Seoul, I needed a taxi to take me back to the PH starting on the same side of the river. I emphasized PARK Hyatt and gave the driver the address written in both Korean and English. I also showed the driver a picture postcard of the PH building. Nevertheless, he tried to take me to the GH and even crossed the river to go there.
Well last year I had a Paris taxi driver drive me around quite a bit more than was necessary to get to the Hyatt Louvre.....

Call the elevated fare an "oblivious tourist tax."
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:25 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Posted in Marriott Insiders - says it all

skiadcock Aug 6, 2017 6:05 PM
As with all things, take the OP's input w/ a grain of salt.

He's posted in multiple forums on FT (under a different handle from Insiders), asking arcane things like which brand of which chain is better. Why isn't a JW like a Four Seasons or a Mandarin Oriental? Why do JWs have smaller bathrooms than other chains like Four Seasons? Why do Ws (SPG) not have lounges? Why do Marriotts not have the bathroom amenities of a 4S or MO? When was the first JW created? Etc, etc, etc

He also mentioned in the SPG forum on FT that he usually stays at budget hotels but likes to inquire about the other chains & that he likes to stir up arguments. In his most recent thread in the Marriott forum he was comparing chains against each other & said he didn't care about property reports because they bored him.

Someone should apologize here for providing wrong information ,as date shows Marriott entering Asia in 1989 , Hyatt 1968 and Hilton also operated in Asia before 1970. You only simply left one word " wrong " here and does not have any legit or useful input /information to claim that Marriott is as early or earlier to enter asia market as Hyatt did.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Posted in Marriott Insiders - says it all

skiadcock Aug 6, 2017 6:05 PM
As with all things, take the OP's input w/ a grain of salt. ...
I appreciate the time and caution you (and others) take on FT to keep things civil -- it certainly is needed. The OP's question I thought was rather odd, borderline pointless. For one -- brandings often don't make complete sense in any industry. Can I tell the difference between Tide and Gain? They are both made by P&G. Maybe I can, maybe I can't. Others swear they can't, others swear they can. Opening up such a debate would be quite meaningless, but geared towards giving a forum so that people can hear themselves talk (something I can be guilty of) and argue. The OP's follow up responses likely has seemed more combative than necessary. Apologize for 'providing wrong information' -- what? Just correct the record if need be and move on.

As for Hyatt Brands, I only have extensive use with Regency, House, and Place and I can probably tell the difference 99% of the time with a picture of a room and the lobby. The other brands are straightforward enough as well: http://www.hyattdevelopment.com and I know exactly what to expect if I stay in those hotels. I could even give a reasonable estimation of what Tier a given hotel is based on location and brand. Why are we discussing this? Oh yeah, to hear ourselves talk....
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I, for one, stayed at a Hyatt House last weekend and constantly mistook it for a Grand Hyatt. I wandered into the fitness center thinking it was the concierge lounge. They did not take kindly to me downing wine and petit-fours on the treadmill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.