Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London Do 2017 - Andaz Liverpool Street 3rd-5th November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt London Do 2017 - Andaz Liverpool Street 3rd-5th November

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by SS255
It wouldn't be a Hyatt London Do if it were held elsewhere.
Good point! And Hyatt London has been really fantastic to us through these last 5 years.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro 1.4M, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Richey66
No offense, but 6400 USD for charity with these 6 prizes? It is very hard to see these things valued more than 5000 USD unless people like to pay rack rates for suites.

thinking max stretched:
900 USD for points
900 USD for status
1200 USD Taipei suite
800 USD Thai Suite
600 USD PH vienna
600 USD Gallia Milan
Last year the Hyatt Globalist Status went for ~2,000 GBP.....well worth it if you need 30-40 nights to keep Globalist next year.

Last edited by alfagirl; Jul 16, 2017 at 3:08 pm Reason: mistake
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro 1.4M, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Wink

Originally Posted by pWei
If you look at last year's event, items will be continually added. Wonder if Glob will come with 4 DSUs.
well, it did last year!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Another couple of auction items added to the list...more in the pipeline
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:04 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

My favorite Andaz Liverpool St random fact: as you walk from the hotel to the station, you'll see a plaque noting that it is on the original location of the Bethlehem hospital. What the plaque doesn't say is that the Bethlehem hospital was an early mental asylum, known by one and all as Bedlam -- the source of the word.
lalala and bigguyinpasadena like this.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:00 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Is there a registration deadline for this? Don't see anything posted on the site.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Is there a registration deadline for this? Don't see anything posted on the site.
There is no deadline but it is first come, first served. At present, if everyone who has booked a room in the hotel on the group code or emailed to say they plan to come register, we are over capacity for the Saturday dinner. However, given previous experience, there will be some cancellations. If you would like to come, I would recommend registering asap.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skaya
Good point! And Hyatt London has been really fantastic to us through these last 5 years.
Arnaud is a wonderful GM. I'm sure you'll all be taken care of!
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Anyone arriving on Thursday? I am thinking about coming in one day early to shop and maybe stay at the Churchill for one night before moving to the Andaz.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smitty06
Anyone arriving on Thursday? I am thinking about coming in one day early to shop and maybe stay at the Churchill for one night before moving to the Andaz.
I'll email you as I know a couple of people are arriving early
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Apologies for the lack of information recently - what with work and travel, it has been tricky to work on the Do!

We have another couple of items for the auction:
- A favourite from previous years: a 2 night weekend stay in a Regency Club room at the Hyatt Churchill
- 2 nights at the Andaz Singapore, one of newest additions to the Hyatt portfolio
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Menu options for Saturday night

We now have the menu options for Saturday night. Could you please email or PM me your choice by Sunday 22nd October? We have had a couple of cancellations so if anyone new would like to attend, please let me know.

Starters
  • Yellow fin tuna, bloody mary jelly, avocado creme fraiche, black radish & lime dressing
  • Green tea smoked duck, figs, pomegranate & syrup, baby watercress salad
  • Rosary goats cheese panna cotta, plum tomato marmalade, dehydrated black olive, basil cake & syrup

Mains
  • Fillet of beef, Dauphinoise potato, Jerusalem artichoke puree, wilted chard, purple baby carrot, truffle jus
  • Halibut, noisette celeriac & rosti, cox apple & lemon grass puree, sea purslane, brown shrimp sauce
  • Wild mushroom & chestnut pitivier, slow cooked king oyster mushroom, heirloom carrot, puy lentil vinaigrette

Desserts
  • Chocolate, stout & barley: moist chocolate cake, stout chocolate cream, pearl barley crisp, brown butter ice cream
  • Chestnut, apple & vanilla: chestnut mont blanc tart, cox apple puree, vanilla ice cream
  • Hazelnut parfait & orange: crunchy hazelnut parfait, segments of orange, blood orange gel

Last edited by price123; Oct 7, 2017 at 3:59 am
Old Nov 5, 2017, 4:10 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Huge thanks to all, the hotel, sponsors, the participants, but most of all to the organizers^

This was an absolute fantastic event, with an exclusive dinner at the Temple. The venue is just something extraordinary. If someone are able to post pictures you will understand.
Aus_Mal likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by skaya
Huge thanks to all, the hotel, sponsors, the participants, but most of all to the organizers^

This was an absolute fantastic event, with an exclusive dinner at the Temple. The venue is just something extraordinary. If someone are able to post pictures you will understand.

^
Aus_Mal likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:38 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Huge thanks to all as well.

Has anyone else had issues with the bonus points being posted to the account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.