Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London Do 2017 - Andaz Liverpool Street 3rd-5th November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc

We were surprised and delighted to be advised by American Express that they are willing to continue support of the London Do for the 6th year running, so I am happy to announce that booking is open for the 2017 London Do!

This year, the host hotel will be the Andaz Liverpool Street and, whilst there is a discounted group code available, you are also welcome to attend the event if staying on points or a different rate. Those who live locally are also welcome to attend parts of the event without staying in the hotel.

The Saturday night dinner (the part sponsored by AMEX) will once again raise money for HUSK Cambodia. Our target is $6400 - enough to build four new houses for families living on less than $40/month. Hopefully we can match last year's success and raise in excess of this.

More information here

Itinerary

Friday 3rd November
16:00 American Express focus group
18:30 Welcome reception, hosted by the Andaz (complimentary for those paying the group rate on Friday night)

Saturday 4th November
11:00 Room Escape game (£30pp)
14:30 Street Art walking tour (£20pp)
19:00 Reception and 3 course dinner in the Temple, sponsored by American Express
21:00 Charity auction

Sunday 5th November
Breakfast and depart at leisure

Booking

Register here

Last edited by price123; Oct 9, 2017 at 12:54 pm
        Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:53 pm
        Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
        Charity auction items

Menu for Saturday night
                            Starters
                            Yellow fin tuna, bloody mary jelly, avocado creme fraiche, black radish & lime dressing
                            Green tea smoked duck, figs, pomegranate & syrup, baby watercress salad
                            Rosary goats cheese panna cotta, plum tomato marmalade, dehydrated black olive, basil cake & syrup

Mains
                            Fillet of beef, Dauphinoise potato, Jerusalem artichoke puree, wilted chard, purple baby carrot, truffle jus
                            Halibut, noisette celeriac & rosti, cox apple & lemon grass puree, sea purslane, brown shrimp sauce
                            Wild mushroom & chestnut pitivier, slow cooked king oyster mushroom, heirloom carrot, puy lentil vinaigrette

Desserts
                            Chocolate, stout & barley: moist chocolate cake, stout chocolate cream, pearl barley crisp, brown butter ice cream
                            Chestnut, apple & vanilla: chestnut mont blanc tart, cox apple puree, vanilla ice cream
                            Hazelnut parfait & orange: crunchy hazelnut parfait, segments of orange, blood orange gel

Last edited by price123; Oct 7, 2017 at 3:59 am
                            Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: BD Gold, HH Diamond, BA, FB
                            Great News

This is great news that the event is going ahead, Amex have been good sponsors and it's always good to meet up with so many frequent flyers and friends and learn new tips 😊
                            Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:20 am
                            FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
                            I may be able to sort of half attend, but am not arriving into LHR from MEL until 6pm Friday night.
                            Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, past UA 1K, Past SPG LT Plat, Hilton Diam
                            One of my favorite events! Thanks price123 for organizing. I am a maybe as of now but will try and rearrange to attend. Will contact you directly either way. What I like about this event it that AmEx has a focus group that helps them decide what kinds of offers trips our triggers and they listen. Plus, the auction event raises money for some really great causes. The auction item of The Barai by the way is AWESOME and I love love love it there! Maybe for those who don't attend you can offer a proxy bidder?
                            Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
                            Thanks to AMEX for supporting the Hyatt London Do! I'm looking forward to sampling the Andaz this time around.

I won the suite at the Grand Hyatt Taipei in last year's Do. It's a fabulous prize in a great location in Taipei!
                            Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
                            Our fourth time attending this event!

If your schedule permits, you should definitely plan to attend this event. The people who attend have become friends and we have traveled with some of them on different occasions to Maldives, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia and China.
                            The American Express sponsored gala is not to be missed; other fun events are planned for the weekend. We also save some time to explore London and this location at the Andaz is great for doing this.
                            Thanks to Jenny and Andy Price for setting up this and other trips.
                            Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
                            Looking forward to another great DO and catching up with old friends.
                            Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:34 am
                            Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
                            I may be able to sort of half attend, but am not arriving into LHR from MEL until 6pm Friday night.
                            Hopefully this will work out. Whilst you won't be able to get to the hotel in time for the Friday activities, such as the Andaz reception, I'm sure lots of people will be up for an informal drink when you arrive, and you could attend all activities on the Saturday.
                            Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:36 am
                            Original Poster

Originally Posted by P La Rue
                            One of my favorite events! Thanks price123 for organizing. I am a maybe as of now but will try and rearrange to attend. Will contact you directly either way. What I like about this event it that AmEx has a focus group that helps them decide what kinds of offers trips our triggers and they listen. Plus, the auction event raises money for some really great causes. The auction item of The Barai by the way is AWESOME and I love love love it there! Maybe for those who don't attend you can offer a proxy bidder?
                            I'll keep my fingers crossed that the rearranging works
                            Agree that the BARAI is amazing - probably our favourite place in the world to relax. We may consider proxy bidding for those who have attended the event before.
                            Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:38 am
                            Original Poster

Originally Posted by SS255
                            Thanks to AMEX for supporting the Hyatt London Do! I'm looking forward to sampling the Andaz this time around.

I won the suite at the Grand Hyatt Taipei in last year's Do. It's a fabulous prize in a great location in Taipei!
                            Looking forward to seeing you again. Thanks to your glowing reviews of the GH Taipei, we now have 4 nights booked there in September. It wasn't a city high on our list of next places to visit, but you swayed us!
                            Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:40 am
                            Original Poster

Originally Posted by silver springer
                            If your schedule permits, you should definitely plan to attend this event. The people who attend have become friends and we have traveled with some of them on different occasions to Maldives, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia and China.
                            The American Express sponsored gala is not to be missed; other fun events are planned for the weekend. We also save some time to explore London and this location at the Andaz is great for doing this.
                            Thanks to Jenny and Andy Price for setting up this and other trips.
                            Thanks for coming to the events - without attendees, there wouldn't be an event to come to! Looking forward to seeing you again, and we will have to discuss where the next Do should be...Uruguay anyone?
                            Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
                            [QUOTE=price123;28498542]Charity auction items

A Starwood property up for bid ???
                              Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:46 pm
                              Original Poster

Originally Posted by mauld
                                A Starwood property up for bid???
                                Yes, it is our favourite property in Milano and they are happy to support the charity through our event. They also provided a certificate last year, which was popular at auction.
                                Old Jul 2, 2017, 4:19 pm
                                FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
                                Originally Posted by price123
                                Hopefully this will work out. Whilst you won't be able to get to the hotel in time for the Friday activities, such as the Andaz reception, I'm sure lots of people will be up for an informal drink when you arrive, and you could attend all activities on the Saturday.
                                Thanks - Seems Friday 3rd is sold out at the special rate, but the next night is still ok.

I'll look to book somewhere near LHR Friday and make my way over Saturday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.