Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Courtesy Card holder with 60 nights not receiving 4 additional suite upgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2017, 9:23 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro

As a CC holder I received 4 suite upgrades as promised march 1. I just passed 60 nights. Even though the CC benefits page lists additional suite upgrades at 60,70 etc nights they have not posted. Additionally I am being told I will not receive them in spite of the benefit being listed for CC holders.
Has anyone else had the same problem?
Can anyone from Hyatt help?
Thanks
Old May 30, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by mmgm
Additionally I am being told I will not receive them in spite of the benefit being listed for CC holders.
Told by who?

This is troubling. You are the absolute zenith of a customer WoH is trying to attract. 60+ nights by June and a CC.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mmgm
As a CC holder I received 4 suite upgrades as promised march 1. I just passed 60 nights. Even though the CC benefits page lists additional suite upgrades at 60,70 etc nights they have not posted. Additionally I am being told I will not receive them in spite of the benefit being listed for CC holders.
Has anyone else had the same problem?
Can anyone from Hyatt help?
Thanks
I thought CC holders automatically got the best suite or room available.
Old May 30, 2017, 11:54 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
I thought CC holders automatically got the best suite or room available.
Subject to availability
Old May 30, 2017, 11:56 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The smallest state
Told by who?

This is troubling. You are the absolute zenith of a customer WoH is trying to attract. 60+ nights by June and a CC.
Since it didn't show up online ( like the free night at 60 nights did) I called the CC desk. That was the reply
Old May 30, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I think you should call Hyatt directly, I don't think the CC posts those, the 60 nights threshold is for the WoH member.
Old May 30, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Based on the Glob benefits listed here: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...globalist.html

You should get :
Cat 1-7 free night award, expires in 120 days
4 Suite Upgrade awards, valid for one year

My understanding was that the 4 TSU's would be issued on the date a member hits 60 nights and would expire 1 year from that date. For Glob's, an additional 1 TSU is issued at 70, 80, 90 and 100 nights OR you can select 10K points instead at each increment of 10 night stays.

Are they telling you that you won't get the additional 4 TSU's until next March 1st of 2018?
Old May 30, 2017, 5:10 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Based on the Glob benefits listed here: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...globalist.html

You should get :
Cat 1-7 free night award, expires in 120 days
4 Suite Upgrade awards, valid for one year

My understanding was that the 4 TSU's would be issued on the date a member hits 60 nights and would expire 1 year from that date. For Glob's, an additional 1 TSU is issued at 70, 80, 90 and 100 nights OR you can select 10K points instead at each increment of 10 night stays.

Are they telling you that you won't get the additional 4 TSU's until next March 1st of 2018?
Apparently. Right now all I'm being told is I will not receive any after 60 nights. CC holders automatically receive 4 new ones every March if the are nominated again. It is very confusing and no one seems able/ willing to clarify
Old May 31, 2017, 2:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

So that would seem that you get yours on March 1st..... when you "requalify". About the same as a Glob..... just like it was in the past.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:28 am

Well this is an interesting conundrum really. One the one hand, lifetime diamonds get 8 dsu in a year when they hit 60 nights, but cc don't. Cc is a status that is nominated each year and gets 4 dsu when it is earned through nomination. You almost certainly can't get cc without earning diamond, so technically cc holders get their 4 dsu and giving them 4 more would be redundant. So, lt diamonds can get 4 more because they don't have to earn anything each year, whereas cc holders HAVE to hit 60 basically to try to keep cc status. Since lt gives 4 by virtue of just being there, it makes sense they earn extra if they requalify diamond. On the other hand, one could argue that cc is the most valuable customers, so you could give them more dsu? Honestly I think given the cc upgrade to a suite, which I've read is most of the time anyway, the situation is correct how it is. Cc is a super diamond level, and it already gets super benefits even with 4 dsu.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:28 am
Original Member
Original Poster

So far no indication I would receive additional upgrades at 70, 80, 90 or 100 nights. And I am receiving the same number of upgrades as CC members with only 20 or 30 nights. Doesn't seem right. And not what it says on the CC benefits page.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:34 am

I would definitely think CC holders would and should get the same extra benefits at 70, 80 90 etc, via more points or DSUs. I do not see any reason they would not.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:35 am

If you are LT diamond...then you should get an extra 4 DSU when you hit 60 according to everything I read and was told. You should get 4 each year from LT, then 4 more when you hit 60.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:08 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Have you reached out to Hyatt directly yet? They manage their program... not the credit card company.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by wharvey
Have you reached out to Hyatt directly yet? They manage their program... not the credit card company.
CC doesnt mean credit card in this case... unless Im missing your point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.